Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] D Moritz Seider re-signs with the Red Wings (7 years, $8.55M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
he is elite in his own end because of IQ/ATHLETICISM/RUGGEDNESS/SIZE/REACTION TIME/MOTOR/COMMITMENT . his quick thinking prevents so many opponant chances that you cant see statistically that it aint funny . all the while playing with iffy partners . if anybody ever surveys nhl goalies asking top 10 dmen they want on their pk hes on every list guaranteed. i dont want him wasted in that large minutes role at the long term burden on his hockey health , but fact is he is great in own end and on pk . side's did redwing fans a favor settling for 8.5

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
The problem is Yzerman has done a pretty atrocious job filling out the dcore around Seider. holl, petry, maataa, chiarot, ghost have been unable to take away the tough minutes from seider, and haven't exactly taken advantage of the easier minutes they play either.
In his defense, Yzerman has tried this offseason to get a solid 2D and had a deal in place for Trouba before it blew up for family reasons. This team and the defense would look much better if that deal had gone through.

Reactions: Nemesis Prime

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
In his defense, Yzerman has tried this offseason to get a solid 2D and had a deal in place for Trouba before it blew up for family reasons. This team and the defense would look much better if that deal had gone through.
I'm gonna be real with you. I cannot think of a worse argument you could have made to convince me Yzerman has done a good job trying to build a dcore around seider than "tried to acquire Jacob Trouba in 2024".

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
he is elite in his own end because of IQ/ATHLETICISM/RUGGEDNESS/SIZE/REACTION TIME/MOTOR/COMMITMENT . his quick thinking prevents so many opponant chances that you cant see statistically that it aint funny . all the while playing with iffy partners . if anybody ever surveys nhl goalies asking top 10 dmen they want on their pk hes on every list guaranteed. i dont want him wasted in that large minutes role at the long term burden on his hockey health , but fact is he is great in own end and on pk . side's did redwing fans a favor settling for 8.5
and yet, with Mo Seider on the ice on the PK, Detroit gives up boatloads and boatloads of shots, chances, goals, expected goals, etc.

I'd take one of the dman from a PK that's actually good tbh

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I'm gonna be real with you. I cannot think of a worse argument you could have made to convince me Yzerman has done a good job trying to build a dcore around seider than "tried to acquire Jacob Trouba in 2024".
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUILDING A TEAM ! what did you want yzerman to do blow big long term cap on oldish ufa whom wouldnt be of help long term once the prospects were ready thusly leaving detroit as non long term elites . or trade important futures for good dmen whom would have gotten detroit now where near a cup . with the loss of draft pix/prospects in these type trades wrecking detroits chance to build a long term top team !!!!!! and hes building a core around seider the proper way thru draft

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUILDING A TEAM ! what did you want yzerman to do blow big long term cap on oldish ufa whom wouldnt be of help long term once the prospects were ready thusly leaving detroit as non long term elites . or trade important futures for good dmen whom would have gotten detroit now where near a cup . with the loss of draft pix/prospects in these type trades wrecking detroits chance to build a long term top team !!!!!! and hes building a core around seider the proper way thru draft
Well maybe if you had an excellent young RD who's name rhymed with Bilip Bronek you would keep him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This is the post of the day for me
10/10

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Well I'd want him to draft higher or better if his goal is to build a long-term top team.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Probably but who was it last season?
What you don't like the flip flop logic of "it is impossible for any GM to have made the playoffs yet with the team Yzerman started with and so it's unreasonable to expect him to have made a playoff team yet" and yet justifying him taking great young talent away from a team that just barely missed the playoffs. Wonder if FIlip Hronek instead of Justin Holl might have helped

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Probably but who was it last season?
Sort of split components of that game with Gostisbehere and Petry. No real noticeable difference. Shame we picked that Czech kid in Switzerland over Hughes, he clearly can bring out parts of Hronek's game that he just couldn't accomplish in Detroit. Chiarot's game was also noticeably better without him. People are aware the team improved right? Like each year they have gotten better under Yzerman. Mo's broad shoulders are probably the biggest reason for that to in terms of the actual point of this thread.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This one is a great deal. Crazy that he's barely going to be making more than Raymond through most of their respective primes.

I get that there's some analytics that likely played into keeping this number so reasonable, but there are also some deployment metrics and actual performance things that i would've thought could push his price beyond some of those other deals that set the benchmark, more than this.

But darn good for Detroit...and it's not like Seider is gonna be hurting for money over the course of this. Really feels like one of those deals that doesn't press for every last penny, to leave a little more room there to hopefully get him some good help some day. This deal is going to age very well.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Awesome contract, Yzerman has really knocked the core deals out of the park.
He signed them according to the market value which is good. Always funny to see people complaining about core players being overpaid 1-600k/year. The most important thing is to lock these guys for the longest term and that's what they did here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad