Injury Report: Derek Stepan (11/6: Will return Saturday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
The fact that "as far as he knows" is even said is encouraging. Implies that Step is likely capable of skating one of those days IMO.

Unfortunately, you're reading too much into the tea leaves...AV hasn't been asking for daily updates:

Also, Vigneault was again asked today about a timetable for Derek Stepan to resume skating, specifically whether he would skate today or on Thursday. Vigneault said he was not aware of any plans for Stepan to skate but admitted he hasn’t been asking yet for daily updates. Stepan, on long-term injured reserve, must miss at least the first 10 games so he could potentially return Nov. 3 against the Blues. He should resume skating shortly.

Essentially, there's no information coming out of the Ranger organization.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/no_practice_for_dom_moore_brassard/

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Im impressed how we keep pulling games like the Wild and Devils wins out of our ***** without our 1C and 2nd pair dman. Good teams find ways to win. All of us just wanted to stay afloat in the division without Step, that was before the Boyle injury. I think this team is doing just fine and we are certainly off to a better start than last year.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

that is great news.

staking in 4-7 days, another 7-10 days after that to get his conditioning right.

When the injury was initially announced, I stated he would be back around the 21st in Buffalo.

that's just over 3 weeks away. He could probably be back at home against Tampa on the 17th.

Just not sure I would push it.

We have 10 games from now until the Buffalo game. 8 of those ten games are in the Garden. The more games we win during thsi stretch the less likely it will be that he gets rushed back.

we start sliding, Step will be back the 15th in Pitt.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
that is great news.

staking in 4-7 days, another 7-10 days after that to get his conditioning right.

When the injury was initially announced, I stated he would be back around the 21st in Buffalo.

that's just over 3 weeks away. He could probably be back at home against Tampa on the 17th.

Just not sure I would push it.

We have 10 games from now until the Buffalo game. 8 of those ten games are in the Garden. The more games we win during thsi stretch the less likely it will be that he gets rushed back.

we start sliding, Step will be back the 15th in Pitt.

I was hoping we could get him back in before that game in Pitt. Wanted to see him back on the 11th at home against PIT. Big two games against them.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm the biggest Stepan homer on this board and nobody can take that away from me.

Can't wait 'till that early onset male pattern baldness mother****er is back.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I'm the biggest Stepan homer on this board and nobody can take that away from me.

Can't wait 'till that early onset male pattern baldness mother****er is back.

Excuse me, that title is engraved on a plaque, on my wall.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
People shouldn't get "too" excited for him to be back. He'll be out of shape catching up to the rest of the guys so it's not like he will be a godsend off the bat.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
that is great news.

He's skating right now, it's 4-7 days before he rejoins practices. He was also doing swimming and stuff like that to keep up his conditioning, I don't think it'll be a huge issue to get back into things. Once he's practicing he's probably just about ready to return. A couple of practices and he'll probably be in a lineup after that, but it will certainly take him several games to really get his conditioning back, you just can't do it very well on practice alone.

e: it was reported he had started skating on his own 5 days ago now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad