Injury Report: Derek Stepan (11/6: Will return Saturday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Black Hawks not weak, didn't consider any opponent laying down, just outplayed.

It is early.
I'm just setting it up so that the guys who pilloried me for pushing the youth --- which is turning out to be the correct move --- can admit they were wrong and I was right.

Which literally no one has ever done. I've never met a single person on this board who is opposed to more youth in the lineup. I'm really not sure how you could even think that was the case.

Whiskers*

Let's please relax on the young guys. The played 18-20 minutes against AHL players they all played on the PP got offensive zone starts. If any of them make it none of them will be on the PP they will play against NHL D men and most of all they will play a forth line roll and maybe play 7-8 minutes a night.

It's great that these young guys are playing well but let's not get carried away.

Whiskers*

Calling Derek Stepan

We are spending way to much time in our own end. We need to create more on the offensive side. Please get healthy kid!!

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I just joined the forum after lurking for a few months and this is the first thread I went to. Counting the hours until he's back in the lineup.

Whiskers*

Stepan will settle things down

The a Rangers are really missing his presence in the defensive zone. He will calm things down when he returns! Hurry back kid!!

Whiskers*

Did we think Stepan was this important ?

When I started the last thread about Stepan I had no idea how important he is to this lineup. We are so bad in our own end it's not even funny. I really believe that he will bring back the calm to this team when he comes back.Thoughts......

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I was saying this exact statement since he got hurt.

I'll be happy if we're at or around .500 without him.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stepan is a loss yes, but all 6 of our D are playing like ass garbage every night.That's nothing to do with Stepan.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
It's clear it's the defense that's bringing us down not because Derek Stepan is out of the line up. Our top line has been amazing but not enough through out the line up and the defense is terrible. Guys look flat and kostka is awful he needs to go NOW.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You really trying to take bows after 2 preseason games?

Which literally no one has ever done. I've never met a single person on this board who is opposed to more youth in the lineup. I'm really not sure how you could even think that was the case.

The narcissism he displays and outright misrepresentation of the status quo (in order to make himself look better) is a bit annoying to read through. I suspect he got tired of the ridicule and now just messes around a lot of the times.

It;s like ok there's a slight bit of evidence to back up a statement you made but
A) it was a common sense statement that most people already agreed with
B) It's not even enough evidence to assert anything yet

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Stepan is a loss yes, but all 6 of our D are playing like ass garbage every night.That's nothing to do with Stepan.

more like 4 out of 6 every night...

Staal has been the best, but even he's had some off games...

One game its McD and Klein playing well, then another its Moore and Girardi playing well, then another it's Staal and McD playing well...

just everything is off

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Im not saying Stepan being out doesnt hurt us, but we were just as bad defensively beginning the season last year with stepan and our top 6 D men in tact

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Im not saying Stepan being out doesnt hurt us, but we were just as bad defensively beginning the season last year with stepan and our top 6 in tact

Not to mention they are scoring goals. Stepan's RH shot would be beneficial on the power play right now, but other than that I don't see his absence as being part of the problem thus far.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Don't kid yourself, centers are a HUGE part of a team's D-zone coverage. Losing Stepan effects every single defenseman on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad