Delta Center Everything Thread

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
On the delta center topics, people started getting their seat selection appointment emails Thursday last week.
First appointment was Friday. I put a deposit down within 30 minutes of receiving the email for deposits and my time slot is on Friday morning, so a week after the first appointments. Will be interesting to see how many seats are available by my time slot this week. Hoping for the best since I'm not paying the ridiculous lower bowl pricing...similar seats in San Jose are $120 vs like $240 in Utah which is ridiculous. Ticket rep wouldnt tell me my exact spot just said "you're in a much better spot than most" which was annoying because I could see the Google sheet he had up so I know they know

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
First appointment was Friday. I put a deposit down within 30 minutes of receiving the email for deposits and my time slot is on Friday morning, so a week after the first appointments. Will be interesting to see how many seats are available by my time slot this week. Hoping for the best since I'm not paying the ridiculous lower bowl pricing...similar seats in San Jose are $120 vs like $240 in Utah which is ridiculous. Ticket rep wouldnt tell me my exact spot just said "you're in a much better spot than most" which was annoying because I could see the Google sheet he had up so I know they know

Yeah I've not been enamored with the reps. A buddy of mine is having a much better experience and he goes in on the 14th.

I'm really debating not buying in if the seats aren't what I'm looking for. Having a low quality experience for my kids just doesn't seem worth it.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Yeah I've not been enamored with the reps. A buddy of mine is having a much better experience and he goes in on the 14th.

I'm really debating not buying in if the seats aren't what I'm looking for. Having a low quality experience for my kids just doesn't seem worth it.
100%. Ihave a few sections picked out and if there isn't anything available in those sections then I'll be passing and getting single game tickets. I can't even get a sense of how many people are in each window to take a guess of like how many people per day get to go

Reactions: cslebn and SirJW

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Ticket rep wouldnt tell me my exact spot just said "you're in a much better spot than most" which was annoying because I could see the Google sheet he had up so I know they know
Yeah, they always keep that type of info close to the vest.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
For the future to be a success, if there is a future, fans will need to show up, rain, or shine.
With a new arena fans will show up for the first few years because they know the team has stability, but after that the team has to be competitive, or showing signs like we experienced the last couple of years or there will be attendance problems, but no where nearly as bad as what we had experienced.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
For the future to be a success, if there is a future, fans will need to show up, rain, or shine.
This does not happen in any market save for Toronto and Montreal and it's not a bad thing. Organizations should have financial incentives to have a quality on ice product. San Jose, Buffalo, Calgary, Anaheim, Columbus etc. should not be expected to have 100% capacity when their teams are consistently bad and certainly the same goes for Phoenix...not their fault the organization was terrible for decades.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
With a new arena fans will show up for the first few years because they know the team has stability, but after that the team has to be competitive, or showing signs like we experienced the last couple of years or there will be attendance problems, but no where nearly as bad as what we had experienced.
I give the shiny new arena and team a year and it has absolutely nothing to do with stability.

Last couple of years? iirc, you didn't even watch the season before last on tv, if that was your stance, how the hell can we expect the type of fan that doesn't come on this site daily to attend?

Finally..... you can't win 'em all, trouble is this pathetic fanbase responds to victory alone.

No, you are obsessed with hockey.
Obviously, but that wasn't the part I responded to.... comprehension Jakey!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
This does not happen in any market save for Toronto and Montreal and it's not a bad thing. Organizations should have financial incentives to have a quality on ice product. San Jose, Buffalo, Calgary, Anaheim, Columbus etc. should not be expected to have 100% capacity when their teams are consistently bad and certainly the same goes for Phoenix...not their fault the organization was terrible for decades.
:laugh: This reminded me of Jim Mora's "playoffs? playoffs?" rant.

100%?, 100%? who the hell said anything about 100%?

We have neither time, nor an owner with the kind of bucks it will take to allow fans to dictate attendance based revenue. Making the playoffs and staying in the playoffs is all the financial incentive owners need to be competitive.

For the love of God, you guys are making excuses when we don't even have a team yet. It's unbelievable!

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
On topic (take the Coyotes talk to the other board, it's annoying), anyone else local/getting tickets? I read a random twitter person say their appointment is Thursday morning and were told by their rep to expect only having a half-season available for upper bowl. Curious if anyone else has heard anything since my guy refuses to tell me anything when I ask.

My dream of season tickets may be dead before I even get there Friday. Still laughing at those lower bowl prices...Sharks made the cup finals in 2016, had Karlsson, made a run in 2019 and are still charging less than half what Smith wants for lower bowl here.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
On topic (take the Coyotes talk to the other board, it's annoying), anyone else local/getting tickets? I read a random twitter person say their appointment is Thursday morning and were told by their rep to expect only having a half-season available for upper bowl. Curious if anyone else has heard anything since my guy refuses to tell me anything when I ask.

My dream of season tickets may be dead before I even get there Friday. Still laughing at those lower bowl prices...Sharks made the cup finals in 2016, had Karlsson, made a run in 2019 and are still charging less than half what Smith wants for lower bowl here.
I don't understand the Sharks comparison. As they are currently constituted it makes sense their tickets would be less than half of Utah. Utah has high demand for a playoff bubble team. SJ has low demand for a team currently tanking (although demand will no doubt increase according to Celebrini and Smith making the roster).

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I don't understand the Sharks comparison. As they are currently constituted it makes sense their tickets would be less than half of Utah. Utah has high demand for a playoff bubble team. SJ has low demand for a team currently tanking (although demand will no doubt increase according to Celebrini and Smith making the roster).
Obviously there are differences in where each team is at today but Arizona still finished 6th worst...my point being how does it make sense to get comparable seats for <$120 in San Jose where in Utah it's $230? I understand a premium but the pricing for this season is ridiculous. Playoff bubble team is a little optimistic in my opinion, let's see how free agency goes.

Even if San Jose was still humming along, I would be shocked to see prices essentially double since the 2019 run to be comparable to Utah

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Obviously there are differences in where each team is at today but Arizona still finished 6th worst...my point being how does it make sense to get comparable seats for <$120 in San Jose where in Utah it's $230? I understand a premium but the pricing for this season is ridiculous. Playoff bubble team is a little optimistic in my opinion, let's see how free agency goes.

Even if San Jose was still humming along, I would be shocked to see prices essentially double since the 2019 run to be comparable to Utah
The Coyotes were a playoff bubble team prior to the season crushing tailspin. Turn the 0-14 to 7-7 and they would've been in the mix. This year, add a defenseman or 3 and maybe a two way center who can win faceoffs, they are right there. Regardless, 34,000+ people want season tickets in Utah and ultimately it is about demand. Utah has it, SJ does not.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Utah fans have plenty to bitch about right now, prices, seats being so far from the ice (for those who like the up close) and pending tax increases.

I wonder if we have some Arizona "fan like" excuses in the making!

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The Coyotes were a playoff bubble team prior to the season crushing tailspin. Turn the 0-14 to 7-7 and they would've been in the mix. This year, add a defenseman or 3 and maybe a two way center who can win faceoffs, they are right there. Regardless, 34,000+ people want season tickets in Utah and ultimately it is about demand. Utah has it, SJ does not.

Utah also only has two of the four major North American professional sports leagues in the state too. Three of five if you include MLS, I believe.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Just for fun, look at Columbus and their attendance increase as they got worse including a sellout steal at the end of the season.

No confirmation but we asked if that was going to happen when we did the tour and the reps had no clue at that time.

Like you in scared the tickets I want will be gone.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Just for fun, look at Columbus and their attendance increase as they got worse including a sellout steal at the end of the season.
As bad as that franchise has been CBJ fans have supported it well and impressive if they had a sellout towards the end of a dog season. I expect they will start putting it together with Waddell in charge. They were 27th in avg attendance and % capacity and that's more of a reflection of the franchise than the fanbase.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012

No confirmation but we asked if that was going to happen when we did the tour and the reps had no clue at that time.

Like you in scared the tickets I want will be gone.
I got a similar response last night when I asked. Just told me to come in person for sightlines purposes and check in again Thursday night since I don't want to drive down if all I can get are half season tickets. I'm not trying to pay a $15 premium per game for a half season when I have no guarantee on weekend vs weekday games or which opponents I'll get and likely no guarantee on playoff tickets either

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I got a similar response last night when I asked. Just told me to come in person for sightlines purposes and check in again Thursday night since I don't want to drive down if all I can get are half season tickets. I'm not trying to pay a $15 premium per game for a half season when I have no guarantee on weekend vs weekday games or which opponents I'll get and likely no guarantee on playoff tickets either

100% I bet a lot of others feel this way too

Reactions: kickback256

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Officially a season ticket holder! Snuck in there by the skin of my teeth...I didn't poke around a ton with my rep but out of 131-133 and 111-113 there were 3 pairs left. Sounds like full season is incredibly limited and most of the calls/people I overheard were looking at half season anyways. Good luck to anyone else still waiting!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

It's a new shiny toy....of course you can expect ticket prices to be higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad