Delta Center Everything Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Imagine if Mureulo had spent his money on Player upgrades in Glendale rather than wasting it at Mullett........just maybe a real product with 17,000 seats might have given him a better chance. And please don't bother with Glendale didn't want the Coyotes, they just got tired of their BS.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Imagine if Mureulo had spent his money on Player upgrades in Glendale rather than wasting it at Mullett........just maybe a real product with 17,000 seats might have given him a better chance. And please don't bother with Glendale didn't want the Coyotes, they just got tired of their BS.

Another chicken and egg argument….

For the umpteeth time….. Glendale became untenable the day they were split off from Westgate. Today’s NHL is not survivable in non-traditional markets without additional revenue streams and the Coyotes had none.

Meruelo gave the okay the bring Phil Kessel and Taylor Hall in and the result was a bump in ticket sales. So he made an effort to but the product on the fly while they were in a playoff position.

And Glendale didn’t want the Coyotes playing anywhere else in Phoenix metro than there. That was there reason for termination of the lease. The either were going to have the Coyotes or nobody else would.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He should have signed the extended lease at Glendale and broke it when they had another location built…
Leases have poison pill breakup clauses.

Examples:

Roadrunners is $3 million. And that was with just two years left.

Florida Panthers current lease it’s over $25 million.

Reactions: Grimes

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

For the umpteeth time….. Glendale became untenable the day they were split off from Westgate. Today’s NHL is not survivable in non-traditional markets without additional revenue streams and the Coyotes had none.

Meruelo gave the okay the bring Phil Kessel and Taylor Hall in and the result was a bump in ticket sales. So he made an effort to but the product on the fly while they were in a playoff position.

And Glendale didn’t want the Coyotes playing anywhere else in Phoenix metro than there. That was there reason for termination of the lease. The either were going to have the Coyotes or nobody else would.
And Mullett provided that? That's the point.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

Examples:

Would have likely been around the cost of combining the land cleanup at Tempe and the cost to remediate the Mullet?

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
It was an absolute embarrassment to the NHL and NHLPA to play second fiddle in a 5000 seat college community rink. Horrible choice by management.

The nose bleeds or renamed SportCheck section.
Not at all Comparable to Utah's rink..

I had season tickets in the 300's so I know the section you're talking about. Those are bleeder seats, these are premium/lower level.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It's extremely disappointing to see such a high number of Arizona fans attacking the Utah market and/or Ryan Smith. I get the disappointment and frustration but they are placing the blame on the wrong people. This is just the same as the Winnipeg fans trashing Arizona when the people of Arizona did nothing to Winnipeg. Be better.
Better as in they could have shown up all along and Az would still have their team? :nod:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Lotta truth in that and necessary with a fair weather fanbase. Bettman making the ill advised yet bold statement that the franchise was not sustainable before AM ever took the helm probably didn't help matters any.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Glad you added "non-traditional markets", so basically you're confirming the fair weather, bandwagon jumping, root for the teams from the cities they used to live in, nutless excuses for fans statement - Excellent.

You've become quite fond of the chicken or egg argument, but I see this as a case where he could have continued, as opposed to cutting bait so early in his tenure. But then again, it doesn't really matter because the fans are no shows.

My last sentence above leads me to my argument (on the thread y'all won't let me reply to, once again) that the fans are bsically pathetic (as you've confirmed in your post above), I don't really see that as chicken or egg either. I'll concede the fans came out early for the new and shiny franchise, thus eliminating the ever popular chicken or egg, but they did't have staying power and ran to the exits like Costanza when someone yells fire. Proving yet again that valley hockey fans are fair weather, band wagon jumping, root for the teams from the cities they used to live in, nutless excuses for fans.

Examples:

Did he say it would be cheap?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
A real product would've been soothing balm on the drive headaches.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Glad you added "non-traditional markets", so basically you're confirming the fair weather, bandwagon jumping, root for the teams from the cities they used to live in, nutless excuses for fans statement - Excellent.

You've become quite fond of the chicken or egg argument, but I see this as a case where he could have continued, as opposed to cutting bait so early in his tenure. But then again, it doesn't really matter because the fans are no shows.

My last sentence above leads me to my argument (on the thread y'all won't let me reply to, once again) that the fans are bsically pathetic (as you've confirmed in your post above), I don't really see that as chicken or egg either. I'll concede the fans came out early for the new and shiny franchise, thus eliminating the ever popular chicken or egg, but they did't have staying power and ran to the exits like Costanza when someone yells fire. Proving yet again that valley hockey fans are fair weather, band wagon jumping, root for the teams from the cities they used to live in, nutless excuses for fans.
Every fan base has a % of die hards that will show up no matter what and a % of bandwagoners who show up when the team is successful. Save for the early years and the 2012 blip, there was not much of a bandwagon opportunity for the Coyotes. All it was was year after year of uncertainty, clown show ownership and bad on ice product.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Wow those tickets are extremely expensive, and I can't follow the color coding on that chart at all. Have deposits down for two half season lowers with my wife but at those prices secondary market might be cheaper. Never seen hockey at the Delta Center before but have sat in the uppers for basketball a bunch. Can definitely see the obstruction issue for uppers behind either goal.

Reactions: lanky

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Every fan base has a % of die hards that will show up no matter what and a % of bandwagoners who show up when the team is successful. Save for the early years and the 2012 blip, there was not much of a bandwagon opportunity for the Coyotes. All it was was year after year of uncertainty, clown show ownership and bad on ice product.
'round these parts they bandwagon for other teams. Where ya been?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad