Proposal: DEFENCE to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
no from NY, too much
the guy is a worthwhile target, kudos to you there

but adding Krav is way too much = giving him away
elite prospects has Knies pre draft rankings no better than like 37th, most considerably higher (ie worse)

We can do
Jones + Reunanen
for
Knies +

keep Nemeth another half yr to finish getting Nils L acclimated

Jones has Fox lite potential.
Is surplus and has to go but want best return there

Knies + a good +
Leafs have no interest in trading knies. Hes playing very well and developing nicely. Leafs have brodie and Liljegren on the right and both have been excellent. If the leafs do target an upgrade it will be something like Mayfield for our first+.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Leafs have no interest in trading knies. Hes playing very well and developing nicely. Leafs have brodie and Liljegren on the right and both have been excellent. If the leafs do target an upgrade it will be something like Mayfield for our first+.

responding to poster who suggested an overly generous deal
unless too much is offered up front, Leafs should marinate Knies and either use or deal at higher level of value.

Hence I agree

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
How about Rangers trade (D) Patrik Nemeth, (D) Zach Jones and (F) Vitaly Kravtsov to Maple Leafs for (F) Matthew Knies. Both Nemeth and Jones could step in this season and you get the wild card in Kravtsov. Think the Rangers are giving up a lot but you have to give to get and I like Knies as a prospect. Would this work?

The Leafs don't really need LD though, so Nemeth and Jones aren't of much use. The Leafs would ask for Schneider and Kravtsov as a counter, in a swap of prospects. Leafs would have to add to Knies.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
no from NY, too much
the guy is a worthwhile target, kudos to you there

but adding Krav is way too much = giving him away
elite prospects has Knies pre draft rankings no better than like 37th, most considerably higher (ie worse)

We can do
Jones + Reunanen
for
Knies +

keep Nemeth another half yr to finish getting Nils L acclimated

Jones has Fox lite potential.
Is surplus and has to go but want best return there

Knies + a good +

Bern everyday Kravtsov plays in Russia he losses more value. It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with character. The Rangers were lucky with Lias Andersson his dad worked for LA and they were willing to take the risk with a second at that point in the draft. NHL GM's don't go by the bernmeister value scale, ie you are worth where you were drafted. From what I understand after what Kravtsov pulled this season his value has plummeted and we will be lucky if we could get a late 3rd round pick for him.
Also you talk elite prospects pre draft rankings for Knies - he has outplayed his pre draft ranking therefore increased his value. Should we use the pre draft ranking for Jones as well? This is why us Ranger fans get a bad name because you apply two different standards. Jones can out play his pre draft ranking/ be Fox lite, Kravtsov 4 years later is still held to his pre draft ranking even though he has really done nothing in both the NHL and AHL when he has had his cup of coffee but Knies must be held to his pre draft ranking even though he has well outplayed it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam da bomb

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
The issue is he is not a number 4. At best he is a 6/7 this year. I would trade him in a heartbeat if we could get a marginal upgrade with term and around the same AAV if it doesn’t cost us an arm and a leg. That is not using our first or second this year. A player like Mayfield from the NYI. I would be comfy packaging Dermott with him to get a physical bottom pairing RHD with term.

Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Liljegren
Sandin ?????

I would love Mayfield but I think you’re underestimating the cost. He’s on a ridiculously good contract and he’s also right up Lou’s alley in terms of style. Lou might trade Barzal before Mayfield (before people overreact this is a joke).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern everyday Kravtsov plays in Russia he losses more value. It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with character. The Rangers were lucky with Lias Andersson his dad worked for LA and they were willing to take the risk with a second at that point in the draft. NHL GM's don't go by the bernmeister value scale, ie you are worth where you were drafted. From what I understand after what Kravtsov pulled this season his value has plummeted and we will be lucky if we could get a late 3rd round pick for him.
Also you talk elite prospects pre draft rankings for Knies - he has outplayed his pre draft ranking therefore increased his value. Should we use the pre draft ranking for Jones as well? This is why us Ranger fans get a bad name because you apply two different standards. Jones can out play his pre draft ranking/ be Fox lite, Kravtsov 4 years later is still held to his pre draft ranking even though he has really done nothing in both the NHL and AHL when he has had his cup of coffee but Knies must be held to his pre draft ranking even though he has well outplayed it!!

I disagree w/highlighted sentences
Let's leave it at that

EDIT ADD:
his value is frozen
the only ? is if it is frozen based on
-- you feel he got fair opportunity to impress, did not, and his value should go down
or
-- you feel he did not get sufficient, fair opportunity for reasons I have elaborated on and therefore his value is frozen around 9OA, and a club will pay that less a nominal disccount for saving Rangers effort to re-establish it.
Howev,
this is a discount vs top retail
it is not defective marked for clearance

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
You're the Leafs GM and for some unbeknownst reason, the Canes might be enticed to trade Brett Pesce. Who are you sending the other way?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
How about Rangers trade (D) Patrik Nemeth, (D) Zach Jones and (F) Vitaly Kravtsov to Maple Leafs for (F) Matthew Knies. Both Nemeth and Jones could step in this season and you get the wild card in Kravtsov. Think the Rangers are giving up a lot but you have to give to get and I like Knies as a prospect. Would this work?
No thank you.
We need a veteran #4. Not a rookie.
We already have 2 rookies in our top 6, if we wanted to go with a rookie to play with Muzzin we could move Liljegren up.
Topi Niemela is not a big name around here yet but he is a fantastic young Dman and quietly becoming our top prospect.

Another young Dman isn’t what we need.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
how dare you use logical reasoning on this board, and in defense of a Leafs player... boo! :D

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
You're the Leafs GM and for some unbeknownst reason, the Canes might be enticed to trade Brett Pesce. Who are you sending the other way?
We would probably have to send Nylander the other way, and thats not gonna happen. If a package would work then the leafs would be interested but Carolina wants to win now.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
He was just drafted 6th overall why would they trade him for our first that will be somewhere in the 20s?
Because on HF once you are drafted your value drops in half, and future 1st round picks are worth 4x their value, since you can get a shiny new toy, and see your team up on the draft stage!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad