Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Easier to watch the Blackhawks highlights, when putting some other music loud from another Youtube source. :)

Man I hate their goal song.

With or with Kane ?

- 1st goal, Kane feed
- 2nd goal, Kane feed
- 3rd goal, no
- 4th goal, no
- 5th goal, no
- 6th goal, Kane feed
- 7th goal, Kane feed
- 8th goal, no
- 9th goal, no (Kane assist but everybody can do that)
- 10th goal, no
- 11th goal, Kane feed
- 12th goal, Kane feed
- 13th goal, Kane feed
- 14th goal, Kane feed
- 15th goal, no
- 16th goal, Kane feed
- 17th goal, Kane feed
- 18th goal, Kane feed
- 19th goal, Kane feed
- 20th goal, no
- 21st goal, no
- 22nd goal, empty netter
- 23rd goal, no
- 24th goal, no
- 26th goal, empty netter
- 27th goal, Kane feed
- 28th goal, no
- 29th goal, Kane feed
- 30th goal, Kane feed
- 31st goal, no
- 32nd goal, no
- 33rd goal, Kane feed
- 34th goal, Kane feed
- 35th goal, empty netter
- 36th goal, no
- 37th goal, Kane feed
- 38th goal, Kane feed
- 39th goal, no
- 40th goal, Kane feed
- 41st goal, Kane feed

Think I missed somwhow one goal, but:
- 21 assisted by Patrick Kane
- 3 empty-netters
- 16 other goals
- 1 goal I missed from the video, or it was missing from the video.

So, if we have 50% lesser playmaker than generational P.Kane to feed him, that will cut 10,5 of his goals off, and DeBrincat is ~30.5 goal scorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: evolutionbaby

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Easier to watch the Blackhawks highlights, when putting some other music loud from another Youtube source. :)

With or with Kane ?

- 1st goal, Kane feed
- 2nd goal, Kane feed
- 3rd goal, no
- 4th goal, no
- 5th goal, no
- 6th goal, Kane feed
- 7th goal, Kane feed
- 8th goal, no
- 10th goal, no
- 11th goal, Kane feed
- 12th goal, Kane feed
- 13th goal, Kane feed
- 14th goal, Kane feed
- 15th goal, no
- 16th goal, Kane feed
- 17th goal, Kane feed
- 18th goal, Kane feed
- 19th goal, Kane feed
- 20th goal, no
- 21st goal, no
- 23rd goal, no
- 24th goal, no
- 27th goal, Kane feed
- 28th goal, no
- 29th goal, Kane feed
- 30th goal, Kane feed
- 31st goal, no
- 32nd goal, no
- 33rd goal, Kane feed
- 34th goal, Kane feed
- 36th goal, no
- 37th goal, Kane feed
- 38th goal, Kane feed
- 39th goal, no
- 40th goal, Kane feed
- 41st goal, Kane feed

- 3 empty-netters
- 16 other goals

So, if we have 50% lesser playmaker than generational P.Kane to feed him, that will cut 10,5 of his goals off, and DeBrincat is ~30.5 goal scorer.

You also have to factor in playing for your hometown team. I would think that should account for a few extra goals for having pride of playing for the team you grew up watching.

So, Debrincat is ~33.5 goal scorer?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
With or with Kane ?

- 3 empty-netters
- 16 other goals

Think that 50% goes wrong. I just took that number from the air at last post. When looking at some advanced stats, and DeBrincat scoring is probably 25% worse without Kane.

Of those 21 goals, you could count 5-6 off.

I'm quite sure Red Wings top line players can be at same level as Strome, Toews, Kubalik or Dach he played with.

So, for this 41-goal scorer WITH KANE, 35-36 goals is realistic without Kane.

41 goals at Chicago, then 27 at Ottawa, I see it going it on the mid-ground, ~34 goals at Detroit.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
For the guys still hating on his size:

It was easy to pick out DeBrincat the first time he played in an organized game of hockey: He was the really small one. Kids have to be five to play minor hockey in Michigan, but Alex had just blown out the candles on his fourth birthday cake when his dad convinced a league in their hometown of Farmington Hills to let him play. Dave and Tracey DeBrincat’s youngest wouldn’t stop asking to be put on a team like his older brother, Andrew. He’d also been skating since he was two. “I walk in the locker room on the first day and all these kids are two feet taller than Alex, and their moms and dads are talking about homework,” Dave says.

It turned out most of DeBrincat’s teammates were in Grades 2 or 3. Alex was in pre-school. When Dave told his son there had been a mistake and they’d have to find a more age-appropriate situation, he got a firm answer back: “No, this is my team!” Dave gave in, and that set the tone for the majority of DeBrincat’s minor-hockey career: He would always be his team’s youngest, smallest and feistiest player. And, apart from that first season—when he finished No. 2 at age four—he’d also be its highest-scorer.

He has been playing against taller kids even when he wasn't supposed to. Stumbled upon this read and found it interesting for anyone to check out.

Reactions: Ezekial

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I really have a feeling this is going to be a huge success signing or a complete disaster. I don't see any middle ground. Really hoping for the 40 goals Cat but can't shake the feeling something goes wrong possibly.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I really have a feeling this is going to be a huge success signing or a complete disaster. I don't see any middle ground. Really hoping for the 40 goals Cat but can't shake the feeling something goes wrong possibly.

If he is a 60 point winger it's a good deal, it's 4 years. I can't see many outcomes it turns out badly... He has motivation to earn a big payday with an increasing cap and playing at home... if he doesn't live up to expectations it's still safe to assume he will still put up 60ish points and has a tradeable contract. We aren't really married to him by any means. I don't see much downside to the move.

Reactions: Henkka

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Narrator: there was a middle ground

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Narrator: there was a middle ground
Ha. Yeah, of all the "boom or bust" possible signings, I don't really see it with DeBrincat. In fact, a middle ground is probably what I expect with him. I doubt 40 goals happens, but 30-35 would be absolutely great imo.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ha. Yeah, of all the "boom or bust" possible signings, I don't really see it with DeBrincat. In fact, a middle ground is probably what I expect with him. I doubt 40 goals happens, but 30-35 would be absolutely great imo.
Point totals are gonna depend highly on if he's playing with Larkin or not. Coaches love to balance lines, I hate it because then nobody scores.

I don't see him falling of a cliff unless he gets injured. He's young, motivated to play for his hometown team, and he'll need another contract because he'll only be 29 when this one expires. It's a good deal even if he only matches his OTT totals, but I think he falls in somewhere between what he did in OTT and CHI.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really have a feeling this is going to be a huge success signing or a complete disaster. I don't see any middle ground.
Ok but...
5d8wg3.jpg

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Honestly, in his first season with the wings, I expect 35+ goals on 82 game pace. Anything less will be highly questionable. 35+g/50 assists is what I think he can do in his first season. Playing at home, great on the powerplay, we have other pieces to help facilitate him to reach that assist mark, and larkin won't have to play on the PK as much so he will be more fresh on the ice for even strength/PP and that can only help attacking pressure with debrincat. He has scored more goals against detroit in detroit than any other rink in the league, so I expect that to continue in at least his first season (playing in front of family like he did all the other times when he came to town).

After the first season, I'd be ecstatic with constant 30 goal seasons if he is putting up some assists to goals for raymond, larkin, etc. 30g/40+ assists I am happy at that point. Not ecstatic, but happy.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
No comment until I figure out the conditional pick option with Boston falling down into the 10th spot.

LOL

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I feel confident expecting 30 goals from DeBrincat. He'll get paired with Larkin a decent amount, I'd be shocked if he didn't have that convo with Lalonde as far as how we would use him, and he'll get a boatload of minutes on the power play.

Reactions: jkutswings

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Shorter Kubalik is off to a hot start! Meanwhile, Kubalik Kubalik is 0-0-0 through his first four games in Ottawa.
Ottawa has one and a half centers. Kubalik was struggling deep in our roster too, but fine up top. Hope he finds a home that uses him.

Reactions: Filppula

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

With or with Kane ?

- 1st goal, Kane feed
- 2nd goal, Kane feed
- 3rd goal, no
- 4th goal, no
- 5th goal, no
- 6th goal, Kane feed
- 7th goal, Kane feed
- 8th goal, no
- 10th goal, no
- 11th goal, Kane feed
- 12th goal, Kane feed
- 13th goal, Kane feed
- 14th goal, Kane feed
- 15th goal, no
- 16th goal, Kane feed
- 17th goal, Kane feed
- 18th goal, Kane feed
- 19th goal, Kane feed
- 20th goal, no
- 21st goal, no
- 23rd goal, no
- 24th goal, no
- 27th goal, Kane feed
- 28th goal, no
- 29th goal, Kane feed
- 30th goal, Kane feed
- 31st goal, no
- 32nd goal, no
- 33rd goal, Kane feed
- 34th goal, Kane feed
- 36th goal, no
- 37th goal, Kane feed
- 38th goal, Kane feed
- 39th goal, no
- 40th goal, Kane feed
- 41st goal, Kane feed

- 3 empty-netters
- 16 other goals

Czarnik > Kane

Ottawa has one and a half centers. Kubalik was struggling deep in our roster too, but fine up top. Hope he finds a home that uses him.
Kubalik doesn't carry the puck at all, so he really needs playmakers on his line. I hope he sucks shit in OTT because they're division rivals. I'm not gonna be attached to a player just because he played for the Wings for a year. Nobody's cheering for Stecher, Nemeth or any of the other players that are gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Detroit Knights

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Interesting matchup on saturday, when Red Wings team going to Ottawa.

So much to prove from last year, also THE GAME of Atlantic Division lead.

DeBrincat trade... Kubalik. So many tensions. Really waiting for that. :)

Reactions: Snuggs and N0cturne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad