Value of: David Savard at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
You trying to say that HFB is the know all of legit sources of rumors.
PLEASE.

I edited my post before u posted, just read the forum rules on the main boards it explains it in detail, I answered just quickly. People can’t just claim any blogger is legit.

Here is the specific wording:

• Links and Sources - All rumors, confirmed transactions, and articles require links to be posted on the Trades Board. If one of these is posted without a link, it will be closed until one is provided. Please be very careful about what your source is.There are hundreds of fake Twitter accounts that will post fake tweets as true - do not post these here. We have a list of vetted sources that can break news - be sure any kind of confirmation is from one of those sources.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I edited my post before u posted, just read the forum rules on the main boards it explains it in detail, I answered just quickly. People can’t just claim any blogger is legit.

Here is the specific wording:

• Links and Sources - All rumors, confirmed transactions, and articles require links to be posted on the Trades Board. If one of these is posted without a link, it will be closed until one is provided. Please be very careful about what your source is.There are hundreds of fake Twitter accounts that will post fake tweets as true - do not post these here. We have a list of vetted sources that can break news - be sure any kind of confirmation is from one of those sources.
Can you direct me to the list of vetted sources that we can use so i don't use ones that are not allowed? TY.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Can you direct me to the list of vetted sources that we can use so i don't use ones that are not allowed?

They are all the known national sources. Bloggers, random twitter people, FB people, etc aren’t. Just use common sense, people posting trade “rumours“ by bloggers very quickly get them changed to “speculation threads only”. Speculation threads can be anyone.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
A good rule of thumb is to track down the original source. If a LeBrun says or writes something, there’s going to be link out there for it. Editorialize yourself.

Reactions: Hunter368

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
That is way too optimistic IMO. There are guys like Tanev, Hanifin who should be available at TDL. Savard Without retention, I think 3rd pick is realistic scenario.
So nope. Why would the Canadiens trade a rare good physical right-handed defenseman capable of adding points offensively for a 3rd round pick (who may never be an NHL player). Tampa Bay gave away a 1st pick for Savard a few years ago and I don't see why it wouldn't be the same thing today. The draft pick choices are so overrated…

Reactions: HabsAddict and pth2

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know Pierre LeBrun and David Pagnotta are not experts like we have on this board but here is some of what they think.

A 1st for Savard is a steal for acquiring team. I doubt Montreal moves him for a first. Unless it's from a team on bubble to make playoffs. Which would be a mid-first round pick.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
A good rule of thumb is to track down the original source. If a LeBrun says or writes something, there’s going to be link out there for it. Editorialize yourself.
Good advice.

I heard the Lebrun interview and he did not commit to Tanev being worth a first round draft choice. He was on a Toronto radio station and was asked what the costs would be for the Leafs to acquire Tanev. Lebrun's reply was that Calgary was not in a rush to move him, but if the Leafs were willing to pay a first round draft choice Calgary would likely agree. This implies that the Leafs are not willing to pay a first round for Tanev, or at least not at this point in the season.

The article goes on to say that Savard has similar value to Tanev. I doubt it many fans, outside of Montreal, would agree with this evaluation.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Good advice.

I heard the Lebrun interview and he did not commit to Tanev being worth a first round draft choice. He was on a Toronto radio station and was asked what the costs would be for the Leafs to acquire Tanev. Lebrun's reply was that Calgary was not in a rush to move him, but if the Leafs were willing to pay a first round draft choice Calgary would likely agree. This implies that the Leafs are not willing to pay a first round for Tanev, or at least not at this point in the season.

The article goes on to say that Savard has similar value to Tanev. I doubt it many fans, outside of Montreal, would agree with this evaluation.
If the Habs only got a 3rd or a 2nd for Savard, they should decline the offer. Savard is more valuable to the Habs than a 3rd or a 2nd.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Good advice.

Savard has another year of control at a smaller caphit. Probably why he said they have similar value. But I don't know Tanev that well. Doubt Calgary will trade him though as long as they in playoff race.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Savard has another year of control at a smaller caphit. Probably why he said they have similar value. But I don't know Tanev that well. Doubt Calgary will trade him though as long as they in playoff race.
What? He has a year @ $3.5M left. Same as his current cap hit. Please note, cap hit and salary are very different things.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Good advice.

So basically it would take a 1st for the Flames to move Tanev.
Than that means Calgary"s value of Tanev"s is a 1st .
Other teams...only time will tell.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Good advice.

Ya that’s insane. Tanev is a #3 dman with a caphit less than he’s worth. Savard is a #5 with a caphit more than he’s worth. The only way I could see Savard worth a 1st is with 50% retention. Otherwise, the extra year just hurts too much.

But like he said smaller cap hit than Tanev who's is 4.5

Tanev is worth a lot more than a million more than Savard

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the Habs only got a 3rd or a 2nd for Savard, they should decline the offer. Savard is more valuable to the Habs than a 3rd or a 2nd.

Definitely not. Getting back a 2nd for Savard would be great value.
The habs should also move Savard this tdl or offseason regardless of what they get back.

Guhle, Matheson, Barron, Harris, Xhekaj, Kovacevic, and Struble are all dmen that should be in the nhl next season. Then there's Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux, and Trudeau who could potentially make the team from camp.

Keeping Savard would just block a young D from getting nhl ice time.

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Literally anyone can start a blog for about $50 and $20 monthly and call themselves a blogger, insider, expert, etc. People just need to use common sense

It's also a good idea to read the article, not just the headline. In this case the headline says "A major rumor involving David Savard has just been confirmed: acquiring a 1st round pick in exchange is a real possibility" and then there's the quote from LeBrun.

But LeBrun doesn't talk about Savard, he talks about Tanev. And while this is mentioned in the article, they draw conclusions themselves that it could be Savard as well, and then create click-bait headline. There is no rumour about Savard confirmed by LeBrun, there no rumour about Savard at all. Just click-bait headline and speculation from some bloggers, with a blog full of gambling ads. Not the first time some blog does this.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
It's also a good idea to read the article, not just the headline. In this case the headline says "A major rumor involving David Savard has just been confirmed: acquiring a 1st round pick in exchange is a real possibility" and then there's the quote from LeBrun.

But LeBrun doesn't talk about Savard, he talks about Tanev. And while this is mentioned in the article, they draw conclusions themselves that it could be Savard as well, and then create click-bait headline. There is no rumour about Savard confirmed by LeBrun, there no rumour about Savard at all. Just click-bait headline and speculation from some bloggers, with a blog full of gambling ads. Not the first time some blog does this.

I never referred to the thread or link in this thread, I’ve only talked in general. Originally it was a rules question I was answering

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I never referred to the thread or link in this thread, I’ve only talked in general.
I know, and I used that article as an example of using common sense you mentioned. After reading that article, it should be clear to everyone if that can be used as a legitimate source here.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Numbers…

I doubt DS has anything to do with the team’s excellent OT and SO numbers. 26 pts in 16 games.
Not playing in ot, not shooting.
10-0-6 with DS on bench.

Maybe you should put the overtime stats in the « without » column since DS has nothing to do with the extra points team get once 60 mins are done.

Now do Matheson…

No need to get mad. Only numbers. Dont get into the whiny Habs hating crap.
You're basically implying that the Canadiens are more able to get to OT with Savard than without him.
Or maybe YOU should do the work, since you're the one who brought this variable.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Definitely not. Getting back a 2nd for Savard would be great value.
The habs should also move Savard this tdl or offseason regardless of what they get back.

Guhle, Matheson, Barron, Harris, Xhekaj, Kovacevic, and Struble are all dmen that should be in the nhl next season. Then there's Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux, and Trudeau who could potentially make the team from camp.

Keeping Savard would just block a young D from getting nhl ice time.
Only four of these D-Men are proven okay (or better) on the right side at NHL level (I'm being very generous with Xhekaj), and none of them should be playing more than 17 minutes a game in that capacity. Struble is an unknown in that regards, but since NHL teams generally have two players playing more than 17 minutes on any side, so you'd still need Savard to not overexpose one player on your defense.

There's one veteran who is blocking a deserving, otherwise ready young player to get more icetime. It's not Savard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad