Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
And if Reinbacher is a flop I want you to come back here and admit it, but I know you won't
Huh? I made no statement or claim that he's a guarantee or not. Go back the last 5 drafts and tell me every top echelon defenceman was drafted to be a top PP QB. It's simply not the case. You can most certainly be a top 2 2-way d-man without QBing the PP1.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Wait, sorry I haven't read this whole thread but are you saying he's gonna be a flop? Because why else would someone come back to admit that?

A flop? I don't think he was worth the #5 pick, so in my mind that would be a flop of a selection. Does he suck? No. Did we take the PBA? No. Is that the way to rebuild? No. Would you be happy if he is a #3-4 20pt dman? Maybe you would be? I would not

But we are allowed to disagree here still, right? We are just one big dysfunctional family anyways. I just find it funny you can call out any player in the team's organization except Reinbacher, he's so protected by the fans lol

Reactions: Bobby Holik agent

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Are you kidding? Are we going to pretend the expectation @5th overall isn't going to help the PP?

Why would that require pretending?

Chicago isn't going to see Korchinski AND Levshunov QB PP1. New Jersey isn't going to see L. Hughes AND Nemec QB PP1 (and with a healthy Hamilton, neither will), Buffalo isn't going to see Dahlin AND Power QB PP1 (let alone Byram). Detroit picked Edvinsson 6th OA and NEVER imagined he'd be a PP piece.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
A flop? I don't think he was worth the #5 pick, so in my mind that would be a flop of a selection. Does he suck? No. Did we take the PBA? No. Is that the way to rebuild? No. Would you be happy if he is a #3-4 20pt dman? Maybe you would be? I would not

But we are allowed to disagree here still, right? We are just one big dysfunctional family anyways. I just find it funny you can call out any player in the team's organization except Reinbacher, he's so protected by the fans lol
I'm not sold either way on him but I think we can all agree anything less than a #2D would be a disappointment.

If he makes it as a top pairing guy I don't care what Michkov or anyone else does, if he tops out as a 3 or 4 I will be pretty salty.

Reactions: HabzSauce and Habs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm not sold either way on him but I think we can all agree anything less than a #2D would be a disappointment.

If he makes it as a top pairing guy I don't care what Michkov or anyone else does, if he tops out as a 3 or 4 I will be pretty salty.
some #3 defencemen who have won multiple cups:
Serge Savard
Mikhail Sergachev
Kevin Lowe

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
some #3 defencemen who have won multiple cups:
Serge Savard
Mikhail Sergachev
Kevin Lowe
For a league average #3 you should be thinking of a David Savard career not Serge

Pretty big difference between being a league average #3, and being a #3 because there's 2 hall of fame defenseman on the team

lol Savard and Lowe playing on generational , legendary teams and now we are pretending they are legit #3 dmen? #3 on those teams because they had to get around HOF'ers just to get a sniff of icetime lol
Yeah and Sergachev would still be the #1 on our team even with his broken leg

Reactions: Habs and ReHabs

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

Seriously , that's all I'm saying. If he isn't a #2 that's a questionable pick. And yes if the draft plays out the way it did this year, we still take Demidov and I'm ok looking for a RD this next draft. People are way more excited in Hutson, a second rounder, in every 'players to watch' guide and they don't even mention Reinbacher.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
lol Savard and Lowe playing on generational , legendary teams and now we are pretending they are legit #3 dmen? #3 on those teams because they had to get around HOF'ers just to get a sniff of icetime lol
I knew that, but I'm just saying that topping out at #3 isn't necessarily bad. Depends who #2 is. If it's Xhekaj or Struble, it's a problem but if it's a 24 minute Guhle, I'll gladly take an effective 23 minute Reinbacher.

Salty potato chips are fine. Salty ice cream, not so much.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I just find it funny you can call out any player in the team's organization except Reinbacher, he's so protected by the fans lol

What? We must live in alternate realities, this fanbase has been far from easy on him.

Replace Reinbacher by Hutson in that sentence and it would make some sense.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What? We must live in alternate realities, this fanbase has been far from easy on him.

Yeah it seems like the people who want to bash him relentlessly can't handle when people don't jump in to help bash him.

How this fan base treated Reinbacher, reacted to the pick and continue to bitch about the pick, is probably one of the worst things its done

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah it seems like the people who want to bash him relentlessly can't handle when people don't jump in to help bash him.

How this fan base treated Reinbacher, reacted to the pick and continue to bitch about the pick, is probably one of the worst things its done
It's stuff like this that makes me think of leaving social media. I love talking Habs hockey but when idiots attack these young players...it's sickening.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
AHHH
THE DOOM IS GETTING ME.
AAAaarrrggghhhhh
Lmao same..I didn't watch him play vs the leafs so all I have to go off of is the DOOM which i usually ignore. But there are some doomers here whom I respect and have actually watched him play this year......giving me serious KK vibes.

Doom aside, I like what I've personally seen from reinbacher so far and I absolutely love his toolbox. Potential is definitely there for an impactful #1-2D. I really wish he were meaner tho - maybe he develops that over time.

I can't wait to catch some preseason, need to wash all this doom away lol feel so dirty

Reactions: themilosh and Habs

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Or win is not important for him.
What matters for him is his opinion and the popularity of the fans of Michkov. His opinion have to fit with the narrative of Michkov fans and never miss a chance to bash the actual management of the Habs and say he was right.

Don't forget us Leonard fans please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad