Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Makes perfect sense.

Well not to me lol

They told Reinbacher to be himself which isn't dipsy doodles.. they didn't draft him to QB PP1. They have been showing him footage of Shea Weber.
You know how many people are saying he's the future on the PP, even though the scouts say he's a 3-4 dman? So why did we burn a pick at 5 for a guy that can't QB the PP ? Shutdown Dmen aren't that hard to find

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Well not to me lol

You know how many people are saying he's the future on the PP, even though the scouts say he's a 3-4 dman? So why did we burn a pick at 5 for a guy that can't QB the PP ? Shutdown Dmen aren't that hard to find

That's a hard one...

Because no one is actually saying he is the future on the PP and no serious scouts say he's a 3-4 dman. :dunno:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Well not to me lol

And you know scouts are never wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well not to me lol

There's 0 people saying he's the future on the PP and anyone saying he's a 3-4 D man are just those who are mad that they didn't pick Michkov or simply think that being a 1-2D requires being a dipsy doodle artist who puts up a bunch of points and don't even know they are supposed to defend.

They used a top 5 pick because big, rangy, smooth skating, right shot defenseman, with puck poise, high IQ and plus offensive attributes are a scarcity.

They are trying to build a winning team, not have the highest point producing simulations in EA sports.

Watch someone like Ryan Suter or Jacob Slavin play defense and tell me they aren't/weren't top 2 defenseman.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
That's a hard one...

Because no one is actually saying he is the future on the PP and no serious scouts say he's a 3-4 dman. :dunno:

Are you kidding? Are we going to pretend the expectation @5th overall isn't going to help the PP?

Reactions: mdk

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Are you kidding? Are we going to pretend the expectation @5th overall isn't going to help the PP?
I personally don't expect a shutdown RHD to also be a PP point producer. Sure, it would be nice if he could, but I want him focused on stopping the other team's top offensive players at 5on5 and when we're on the PK. If Reinbacher had also been a big time point producer at he RHD position, he would have challenged Bedard for #1 overall.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
that just seems like BS. So Hutson has the green light to do spin-o-ramas and risky dekes at the blueline, but they told Reinbacher to settle down and not stand out?
Yea because Hutson’s game to be effective is completely different than Redenbacher - Hutson is there to generate offense not “play Defense”

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Are you kidding?

That's my line.

Are we going to pretend the expectation @5th overall isn't going to help the PP?
Now that's a completely different take, it went from the claim of many people seeing him as the future of the PP to your expectation of what a 5OA should provide to the team.

The original claim is just blatantly false so we'll skip over that.
The 2nd part is your opinion and everything goes here, If you believe being a PP QB should be an absolute requirement to be drafted top5, then so be it.
That said, not being a PP QB doesn't make one a 3-4 dman.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
There's 0 people saying he's the future on the PP and anyone saying he's a 3-4 D man are just those who are mad that they didn't pick Michkov or simply think that being a 1-2D requires being a dipsy doodle artist who puts up a bunch of points and don't even know they are supposed to defend.

They used a top 5 pick because big, rangy, smooth skating, right shot defenseman, with puck poise, high IQ and plus offensive attributes are a scarcity.

They are trying to build a winning team, not have the highest point producing simulations in EA sports.

Watch someone like Ryan Suter or Jacob Slavin play defense and tell me they aren't/weren't top 2 defenseman.
What I expect from a top-pairing D drafted 5OA is 24-26 TOI a game. Not that concerned with his point totals. Is that unreasonable?

Last edited:

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
That's my line.

Now that's a completely different take, it went from the claim of many people seeing him as the future of the PP to your expectation of what a 5OA should provide to the team.

The original claim is just blatantly false so we'll skip over that.
The 2nd part is your opinion and everything goes here, If you believe being a PP QB should be an absolute requirement to be drafted top5, then so be it.
That said, not being a PP QB doesn't make one a 3-4 dman.
Some guys get drafted high and don’t end up big point producers but still have incredibly long careers. Sure I’d love him to be the next Larry Robinson but if he contributes in a significant way to the teams success, no one will care.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

Yes.

He could probably QB a PP but he won't obviously do it above Hutson or Matheson.

And there is a lot of other way he can impact the game like the hardest defensive minutes.

Who had the PP1 in Detroit last season and who was the most impactful defenseman?

Hint : not the same player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't be showing him vids of Shea Weber per say, as I would show him vids of Noah Dobson as that's who I think his game resembles more as he does not use that big frame to his advantage at all. Not saying he's soft, as he's clearly not but he's not physical.

I would have been showing Guhle Shea Weber vids as I felt he could model his game after him.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Go to the Hawks forum and see how many think Korchinski will still have PP1 despite drafting Levshunov, then come back here and apologize. You're making a problem out of your own bizarre assumption.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Go to the Hawks forum and see how many think Korchinski will still have PP1 despite drafting Levshunov, then come back here and apologize. You're making a problem out of your own bizarre assumption.

And if Reinbacher is a flop I want you to come back here and admit it, but I know you won't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad