Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I thought Norlinder was ass last year during camp. Never understood the comments saying he was good. I'm seeing the same thing regarding Mailloux's 2 games, which is just as puzzling.
I felt like they kept him with the team to boost his value on the market for the other teams and tried to have an offer from him because he didn't stood out at all last year

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
On 690 yesterday they were comparing Reinbacher to an offensive lineman in NFL. Not flashy but very affective.

Reinbacher last season with Kloten was struggling trying to do too much. Rob Ramage went over with videos of Shea Weber. Showed him the videos. Just shut the forward down, win the puck battles and get the puck out. Not a flashy game but highly affective one.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
On 690 yesterday they were comparing Reinbacher to an offensive lineman in NFL. Not flashy but very affective.

Reinbacher last season with Kloten was struggling trying to do too much. Rob Ramage went over with videos of Shea Weber. Showed him the videos. Just shut the forward down, win the puck battles and get the puck out. Not a flashy game but highly affective one.
Good O-Linemen go early in the draft, just like good 2way Dmen. Rein is going to benefit from having the discipline of that kind of game, but the ability to jump in the rush in a more mobile way than weber could. Timely offense. He'll definitely catch people off guard, especially if/when he's with Hutson and all the attention is on him.

My hope is that he just keeps improving that ability to win pucks quickly and cleanly and he will be an efficient defender. Weber is a great player to model himself after, as he had excellent poise and decision making. I have no idea about how many points or goals he'll score but I really think he's going to be a rock for us in his own end.

Last edited:

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Good O-Linemen go early in the draft, just like good 2way Dmen. Rein is going to benefit from having the discipline of that kind of game, but the ability to jump in the rush in a more mobile way than weber could. Finely offense. He'll definitely catch people off guard, especially if/when he's with Hutson and all the attention is on him.

My hope is that he just keeps improving that ability to win pucks quickly and cleanly and he will be an efficient defender. Weber is a great player to model himself after, as he had excellent poise and decision making. I have no idea about how many points or goals he'll score but I really think he's going to be a rock for us in his own end.
We are desperate for a defender who can be relied upon to actually defend and tilt the ice away from the other team whenever he's out there.

Give me that first, then add an ability to launch quick transitions. I don't need a dominant defender to skate around with the puck like PK.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I feel bad for the s**t this kid has to deal with. He wasn't amazing in the 2 games on the weekend but there's a lot of room for him to grow. He's going to be a very solid player for us for a long time.

is Reinbacher the next Olli Juolevi ?
Reinbacher is a MUCH better skater than Juolevi.

Reactions: montreal

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Spending the year in Laval and Hutson hopefully rocking it in Mtl might be good so he does not make the hab blue line in any kind of saviour role.

Thank goodness Slaf and Hutson are emerging + the latest draft. The 4032 media outlets will always be making hot takes like Laraque to get attention.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good O-Linemen go early in the draft, just like good 2way Dmen. Rein is going to benefit from having the discipline of that kind of game, but the ability to jump in the rush in a more mobile way than weber could. Finely offense. He'll definitely catch people off guard, especially if/when he's with Hutson and all the attention is on him.

Great lines win SuperBowls very good teams have stellar players on both the O line and the D line.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's not always Habs fans though. A good portion is, but there are plenty of others who chime in every chance they get.

No one wants the Habs rebuild to be successful, even some Habs fans, they got so used to Bergevin making us a laughing stock that they refuse to believe we got smart people in charge.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'd invite posters who don't see talent in Reinbacher to watch old Weber videos (like Nashville Weber). I am not talking about videos of him punishing players or bombing the puck. Just video of Weber's man-to-man coverage.

Visually, it wasn't anything mind-blowing. Weber's gap control and angling were flawless. You basically couldn't beat him one-on-one at the blue line, you had to dump in the puck. Weber used his size to secure and protect the loose puck and then made a good first pass either out of the zone, or to his d-partner.

This is what Reinbacher will bring. It's not sexy at all, but it's effective. I suspect some fans will never appreciate this, partly because it's such a subtle talent, partly because they won't get over not selecting Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad