Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
David Reinbacher on the Austrian Olympic qualifying roster. He's on the 25 man roster of the Austrian Ice Hockey Association.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
Yeah going into camp, I think we'll come out of camp with the following 7 on opening night:

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhekaj Strubke
Barron

But a lot can happen in camp. Mailloux or Reinbacher could steal a spot. Though, I think those two could benefit from some "overdevelpment" in Laval.
That would be the most logical lineup and situation in my books. I assume Mailloux/Reinbacher would have to outplay both Struble and Barron to earn a spot in the top-6. That would send down struble down to the AHL and keep Barron as the number 7 which is not ideal for a young defenseman.

A part of me really wants to see Reinbacher earn a spot since it is only a matter of when and not if he passes both struble and barron on the defenseman depth chart. All four defensemans should see NHL action due to injuries that occurs every year. I think if Reinbacher earns a spot this season at training camp, I'm not expecting him to ever look back and really seize his opportunity unlike Barron.

I like his physical growth, went from 6'2 185 to 6'3 209 to probably even being bigger this season. He really opened my eyes with his late season performance alongside bisson. Good pker, +6 with 5 pts in 11 games deployed in a defensive role is pretty good. I wished if would have generated more pucks on net that's my only small negative on his performance and the fact it was a small sample size so I remain cautious.

I find promoting Maillloux before Reinbacher would bring more redundant element to the lineup even though he is older and has one full AHL year under his belt. Reinbacher still has 2 years played at the pro level and his strong defensive game makes me think he could be nhl ready even if that remains to be seen at training camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagikev

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
thanks, it is a lot of work so it's great when posters just click on the links to my vids since I have over 1200 vids I believe as it helps keep the channel going.
Do you get more money if we click on the video and get to YouTube as opposed to watching in the embedded version?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That would be the most logical lineup and situation in my books. I assume Mailloux/Reinbacher would have to outplay both Struble and Barron to earn a spot in the top-6. That would send down struble down to the AHL and keep Barron as the number 7 which is not ideal for a young defenseman.

A part of me really wants to see Reinbacher earn a spot since it is only a matter of when and not if he passes both struble and barron on the defenseman depth chart. All four defensemans should see NHL action due to injuries that occurs every year. I think if Reinbacher earns a spot this season at training camp, I'm not expecting him to ever look back and really seize his opportunity unlike Barron.

I like his physical growth, went from 6'2 185 to 6'3 209 to probably even being bigger this season. He really opened my eyes with his late season performance alongside bisson. Good pker, +6 with 5 pts in 11 games deployed in a defensive role is pretty good. I wished if would have generated more pucks on net that's my only small negative on his performance and the fact it was a small sample size so I remain cautious.

I find promoting Maillloux before Reinbacher would bring more redundant element to the lineup even though he is older and has one full AHL year under his belt. Reinbacher still has 2 years played at the pro level and his strong defensive game makes me think he could be nhl ready even if that remains to be seen at training camp.

Yes, I'm looking forward to having two defensive rocks like Guhle and Reinbacher in the top 4 for many years to come. Pair them with offensive dmen, for now Hutson, Matheson, and Mailloux.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
I still think he hasn't shown what he is capable of offensively. He is a breakout machine and will be a good defender, but he hasn't realized yet that he can move on the blueline and dictate the play a bit more.

He seems like a young man who doesn't want to make mistakes with the puck. I would like to see him try a bit more dangerous play with the puck like beating the F1 and leading the rush, activating himself on the blueline with fake and movements, give and go, etc. The turnovers would not bother me at all. I am sure that he can generate more.

Really looking forward to see his development. He is under the radar as he is not flashy, but he may be our most important prospect if we want to be a perennial contender for a few years.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Personally I've been suggesting Struble as our best leftie option at RD. He looked very solid on that side when he found himself inverted.
I also saw highlights of some very solid play out of him on RD when he was at Northeastern.

I completely agree with this.

I'd like to see them try this year:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Struble

Then next year trade Matheson and re-sign Savard cheap since he wants to stay

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Struble/Savard

It's very young but Struble, Guhle, Xhekaj will have 3 years experience and Savard kept as a veteran presence.

Reactions: Sagikev

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I was extremely impressed by Reinbacher the entire game. Dude looks like a monster on the ice. EP lists him at 6 foot 2, that seems too low. I would guess he’s 6 foot 4 now. Great reach in both offensive and defensive zone. Also has a smart knack to get the puck from the point to the net. I expect many goals in the future from Reinbacher to Slaf or Dach standing in front of the net and tipping pucks in.

I’m not saying he makes the team out of camp but I would not be surprised at all if he made it. And by the end of the year is playing in the top 4

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I was extremely impressed by Reinbacher the entire game. Dude looks like a monster on the ice. EP lists him at 6 foot 2, that seems too low. I would guess he’s 6 foot 4 now. Great reach in both offensive and defensive zone. Also has a smart knack to get the puck from the point to the net. I expect many goals in the future from Reinbacher to Slaf or Dach standing in front of the net and tipping pucks in.

I’m not saying he makes the team out of camp but I would not be surprised at all if he made it. And by the end of the year is playing in the top 4

He would have to be REALLY better than Barron and Mailloux, considering one can't be sent down and the other one already paid his dues. First injury on the right side he's there.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think he will join at some point but he may be victim of the waivers game on defense. Likely comes up when we can trade Savard or if we move Barron in a deal, something like that.

Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher are really not that far from the NHL and I wouldn't be surprised if Engstrom looks pretty close too.

Would be kind of fun, even if it's very short lived.. to see Hutson-Reinbacher, Engstrom-Mailloux down in Laval.
I really don’t think we will ever see Hutson in Laval, another year of off season training should bulk him up to a more favourable NHL size and in turn should make him quicker and stronger, he’s gonna be a special player and he will have the offensive power at forward to finish his plays and pad his stats….season can’t start soon enough!!

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
My gut tells me he will have great camp and make team. Looks like he's ready
I dont think it would be the right move if that's the case. I dont want him to be a Brett Pesce. I want him to impact the game more offensively. Get him going in the AHL. There is no point of starting him in the NHL. Get him acclimatize to NA, to the smaller rink. Get him 2nd PP. He will get a few games anyway this year and next year bring him full time with Demidov.

I am a big fan, only think he has the impostor syndrome getting drafted 5th overall. He does not seem like he has a ton of confidence with the puck or willing to take risks, skate with it, getting more arrogant, pushing, getting more physical, etc.

Reactions: dcyhabs and bsl

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I dont think it would be the right move if that's the case. I dont want him to be a Brett Pesce. I want him to impact the game more offensively. Get him going in the AHL. There is no point of starting him in the NHL. Get him acclimatize to NA, to the smaller rink. Get him 2nd PP. He will get a few games anyway this year and next year bring him full time with Demidov.

I am a big fan, only think he has the impostor syndrome getting drafted 5th overall. He does not seem like he has a ton of confidence with the puck or willing to take risks, skate with it, getting more arrogant, pushing, getting more physical, etc.
Usually they develop faster learning tidbits from veteran like Savard than in AHL. Don't want this to be another Edvinsson.

Reactions: Paddyjack

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Impressive showing by Reinbacher so far.

I can see now why Habs scouts are all high on him.

His is smooth, great stick at defensive zone, calm, have great positioning aswell, great first pass, great skating, he is big, he can hit, he have good shot, great hockey IQ in offense and defense.

He have everything we want in a top pairing D.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Impressive showing by Reinbacher so far.

I can see now why Habs scouts are all high on him.

His is smooth, great stick at defensive zone, calm, have great positioning aswell, great first pass, great skating, he is big, he can hit, he have good shot, great hockey IQ in offense and defense.

He have everything we want in a top pairing D.

Rein is exactly the type of defenseman that you want logging 30 minutes in big playoff games. He's going to gobble up other teams' star players' time and space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad