Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Why are very good LD so much more common than very good RD?
Because of a couple factors really
90% of the population are Right handed
*Most* right handed hockey players shoot *left*
Studies show 60 to 70% NHLers shoot left handed

Hence why the magical more scarcer RD's are so coveted, it's not like it's some big 'illusion' some people may think it is lol

With Mailloux and Reinbacher tho, we are *absolutely* at an advantage at the RD spot for the build of this team going forward
It's scary actually lol

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I hope after this year the Montreal fanbase will finally start getting excited about him. He’s going to be as good if not better than Guhle. And I’m ok with that at 5
Hard to say. Put a gun to my head, I think Guhle will be better. He just has more snap to his game but they’re very similar. To have both on either side is an incredible luxury. Then also to have Mailloux and Hutson along with all the others and we’re gonna have an insane D corps

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Hence why the magical more scarcer RD's are so coveted, it's not like it's some big 'illusion' some people may think it is lol

With Mailloux and Reinbacher tho, we are *absolutely* at an advantage at the RD spot for the build of this team going forward
It's scary actually lol
And even Barron too. His time is running out but there’s still real upside there. Is Kony a rightie too?

Either way, we’re in tremendous shape. I can’t think of a time in the last 20 years we’ve had anything close to this kind of prospect pool/young roster player combo.

We’re a potential powerhouse.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah we are about to witness the brilliance of picking this kid. Exciting times

He's our potential Dobson type IMO. Right hand shot with great skating/mobility. Yeah, he can disappoint but his pedigree/potential is still top notch.

No doubt about it, we are going to find out how good he is this year.... even if it's mostly AHL time.

Reactions: Tyson

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Can’t wait to see how he does in training camp and in preseason games.
Last year he showed tremendous flashes. He looks calm and in control when he has the puck on his stick.
Call me crazy, but I can imagine his ceiling above Ghule.
One thing that impressed me, is his physicality; the kid won’t be intimidated.
In a few years with Reinbacher, Mailloux Xhekaj and Ghule if he bulks up a little, our blue line will be painful to cross. When these young bucks will be in their prime years, they’ll be very useful during the playoffs.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Can’t wait to see how he does in training camp and in preseason games.
Last year he showed tremendous flashes. He looks calm and in control when he has the puck on his stick.
Call me crazy, but I can imagine his ceiling above Ghule.
One thing that impressed me, is his physicality; the kid won’t be intimidated.
In a few years with Reinbacher, Mailloux Xhekaj and Ghule if he bulks up a little, our blue line will be painful to cross. When these young bucks will be in their prime years, they’ll be very useful during the playoffs.
He has better offensive flair than Guhle. He has more poise with the puck on his stick. Guhle is a stud defensively tought. I think he could be already play in the NHL, but a year in the AHL would be an ideal scenario. I mean, Mailloux need a chance, Barron… there is no rush in his case. When Savard will be dealt, we can call him
Back

Reactions: Andrei79 and Tyson

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
There isn't really room for him at the moment. Unless we make a move or two on the backend, he'll be in Laval to start the year and there's nothing wrong with that.
Agreed, I'd start him there as well.

I'd say it's probably best for his development too. Kloten really was a crapshoot last year and having some stability in that regard would be really good for him. Get him a ton of pro reps and see how he hangs.

If he's ready, they'll make room. No doubt about it.

Reactions: Redux91 and Deebs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Nice. He work his game on everything, this guy have tools but also having a great work ethic, he is a hard worker.

I really like his skating ability, poise and we see highlights of his pre-season with Habs in this video, great hockey IQ, offense and defense. He see the ice pretty well.

Big mea culpa for me with this pick. Not my first choice in 2023 (Leonard, Michkov or Benson). But at this moment, MTL nailed it, they got a very good RD. Top RD like that are picking #2, like Nemec and Levshunov.

Between, Nemec, Levshunov and Reinbacher... I think the gap is very close. Levshunov looks better offensively than all 3, but Reinbacher and Nemec are both two-way beast.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

It's scary actually lol

Exactly and the same obviously goes for right handed centers which we have somehow cornered the market in which is why we don't hear much talk about RHC's around here and why I think Demidov's ability to play LHC is a big deal for this organization.

Reactions: Redux91 and bopeep

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I hope after this year the Montreal fanbase will finally start getting excited about him. He’s going to be as good if not better than Guhle. And I’m ok with that at 5

I agree that he deserves more excitement about his potential but I am not sure that he is anymore than a 50/50 bet to be as good or even better than Guhle. This is not a knock on Reinbacher but an endorsement of the potential that Guhle has to become a true #1.

Guhle is still very young in dman years and easily one of the very best dmen in his age group in the entire league.

I prefer to not pit these kids against each other as it seems pointless when dmen typically develop in such an unpredictable and mercurial manner. All that I know for sure is we are loaded with young defenders who exhibit the potential for very high ceilings.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I agree that he deserves more excitement about his potential but I am not sure that he is anymore than a 50/50 bet to be as good or even better than Guhle. This is not a knock on Reinbacher but an endorsement of the potential that Guhle has to become a true #1.

Guhle is still very young in dman years and easily one of the very best dmen in his age group in the entire league.

I prefer to not pit these kids against each other as it seems pointless when dmen typically develop in such an unpredictable and mercurial manner. All that I know for sure is we are loaded with young defenders who exhibit the potential for very high ceilings.
I agree I shouldn’t have put the cart before the horse. My opinion was really drawn from what I saw at the WJC. DR stood out big time against the best on a very bad team. He covered a ton of ice and really had a big impact on the pace of game when on the ice. Guhle was that in the WHL for sure. Harder to gauge a team Canada player at the WJC when their team is least stacked. As Habs fans we are blessed for sure

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I agree I shouldn’t have put the cart before the horse. My opinion was really drawn from what I saw at the WJC. DR stood out big time against the best on a very bad team. He covered a ton of ice and really had a big impact on the pace of game when on the ice. Guhle was that in the WHL for sure. Harder to gauge a team Canada player at the WJC when their team is least stacked. As Habs fans we are blessed for sure

Agreed, I think Habs fans are sleeping on Reinbacher after Slaf's huge second half and the drafting of Demidov and Hage and the emergence of Hutson. He has slipped to the back of the 1st round pick hype line just ahead of Mesar lol.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Jaynki

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7