Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
This was one of Hughes' key phrases when talking about team building. We can see it on the back end for sure.
It's also possibly going to play out in the crease with a Montembeault Primeau duo.
He's also looked to do that at center with Dach Newhook Beck Flojack Demidov and Hage all potential candidates.
Our wings are still weak but depending on who graduates as a center there is also great potential there on the wing.
It’s so much more reassuring having a GM that is building a team by DESIGN and not outdated thinking. I stand very confident that we will be a force in a couple years

Reactions: Rapala

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Honestly I didn’t like the pick because Michkov was available. I think Michkov might be a very good scoring winger maybe 80 points per season.

I’m slowly likely David Reinbacher. He’s what 6’3”-6’4” 210lbs, polished in defensive zone, has good offensive tools. Smart player who can log 20-25 mins per night. Honestly every Stanley Cup contender has a player like him. Alex Pietrangelo, Aaron Ekblad, Victor Hedman, John Carlson, Brent Seabrook etc. Basically a big horse that shuts down top lines and eat up minutes. Think Shea Weber but less offense.

I think Reinbacher has 40 points potential. Will be a great shut down defenseman, maybe playing with Hutson or Guhle.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Hughes is managing the cap like BOS did with Bergeron years, they signed their captain at a certain number and then they set the bar for the others and they drafted team players that wants to be a part of a winning culture and are not selfish, see slaf and guhle they all said the same thing, they want to be a part of something special and they believe in that young core, id rather have that kind of players in my team than players like Matthews signing for the big bucks and doesnt show up when its important

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I see multiple poster use the Leafs as an argument against Michkov.

Thing is… Hughes is NOT managing the cap the same way. So the comparison is weak, at best.
Toronto drafted TWO defencemen in the first 100 picks of 5 consecutive drafts. They never sought balance and went too heavy up front. The point isn’t weak as it doesn’t just reflect cap

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Hughes is managing the cap like BOS did with Bergeron years, they signed their captain at a certain number and then they set the bar for the others and they drafted team players that wants to be a part of a winning culture and are not selfish, see slaf and guhle they all said the same thing, they want to be a part of something special and they believe in that young core, id rather have that kind of players in my team than players like Matthews signing for the big bucks and doesnt show up when its important
Not entirely accurate, Bos got lucky - they locked up Bergeron & Marchand in 2004 on max length deals.

No team in the league saw what was coming as a result of Drasaitl’s 2nd contract causing significant inflation for 2nd / 3rd contracts, which impacted Matthews AAV etc. combined w expansion causing contract inflation across the board w VGK being very successful driving up league revenues

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I can’t wait for every goal scored by Michkov to be posted here with tears of despair :rolleyes:

He’s gonna be a very good player, maybe win the Calder but in the end what matters is winning a Stanley Cup.

By the end of Suzuki’s contract if the team HuGo is building didn’t have a couple of good playoffs runs (CF or Finals) it’s gonna be a failure no matter who they drafted and it seems like they preferred to grab Reinbacher to achieve that goal.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I also wanted Michkov/Leonard/Benson last year, but since we got Demidov I'm pretty happy looking back that we got Reinbacher.

I wonder who we could've gotten this year that would have the same profile as Reinbacher?

The only Ds I would've wanted at 5 were Parekh or Buium who profile both as more offensive defensemen.

Idk if I'd want a D core of:
Guhle - Parekh
Hutson - Mailloux

Although I wouldn't have minded both Michkov and Demidov back-to-back, but we'd then be missing that big RD prospect.
That would have been an awful defensive during playoff time

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Roman Hamrlik was a stud for us, if he ends up an RD Hamrlik, we could have fared much worse.

Everyone talk about Markov , Subban and Weber ( and with good reason) but right after these 3 Hamrlik is probably the best D the Habs had in the last 20 years. He was a very polyvalent minute eating workhorse with a solid overall game even if he was getting a bit up there in age

If Reinbacher ends up anywhere close to what a prime Hamrlik was then we're in business. These types of top 4 jack of all trades defensemen are very valuable to a core as they can be used in any situation

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Everyone talk about Markov , Subban and Weber ( and with good reason) but right after these 3 Hamrlik is probably the best D the Habs had in the last 20 years. He was a very polyvalent minute eating workhorse with a solid overall game even if he was getting a bit up there in age

If Reinbacher ends up anywhere close to what a prime Hamrlik was then we're in business. These types of top 4 jack of all trades defensemen are very valuable to a core as they can be used in any situation

They had to use hamrlik alot more than expected with markov being constantly out of the lineup during those years. I might slot him behind petry too.

On a related note, I heard Sheldon souray talk about his ufa summer, where he was expecting to go to New York or LA. Neither option materialized, and souray was stuck on the sidelines without a team. Then he received an offer from gainey but he only had 10 minutes to accept.

Souray was happy to come back at this point but before he could react, he saw the ticker on the TV show that hamrlik signed with the Habs for the same offer.

it turned out well for the Habs, as souray's injury woes kept piling on after he left, but a few minutes here or there could have meant no hamrlik at all.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Moritz Seider//Noah Dobson would be the impact, I would be happy with a 5th selection.

I think his 11 AHL games show that he can have that type of impact.

We are going to have better idea this year, but he is going to be really good with Laval.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
They had to use hamrlik alot more than expected with markov being constantly out of the lineup during those years. I might slot him behind petry too.

On a related note, I heard Sheldon souray talk about his ufa summer, where he was expecting to go to New York or LA. Neither option materialized, and souray was stuck on the sidelines without a team. Then he received an offer from gainey but he only had 10 minutes to accept.

Souray was happy to come back at this point but before he could react, he saw the ticker on the TV show that hamrlik signed with the Habs for the same offer.

it turned out well for the Habs, as souray's injury woes kept piling on after he left, but a few minutes here or there could have meant no hamrlik at all.

Have to wonder if Daniel Briere sign, does they sign Hamrlik too

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Have to wonder if Daniel Briere sign, does they sign Hamrlik too
That was pretty much prime Briere in 07-08, him coming here would probably have changed a lot of things roster wise, it's hard to tell how they would have wanted to build around him. The team definitely needed a Dman though, Hamrlik could have been in the mix anyway.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That was pretty much prime Briere in 07-08, him coming here would probably have changed a lot of things roster wise. It's hard to tell how they would have wanted to build around him. The team definitely needed a Dman though, Hamrlik could have been in the mix anyway.
One thing I’m sure though, they where not trading for Gomez if Briere was here.

Reactions: mdk

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Moritz Seider//Noah Dobson would be the impact, I would be happy with a 5th selection.

I think his 11 AHL games show that he can have that type of impact.

We are going to have better idea this year, but he is going to be really good with Laval.
I hope after this year the Montreal fanbase will finally start getting excited about him. He’s going to be as good if not better than Guhle. And I’m ok with that at 5

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00