Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Is that true though? Michkov is outperforming the two you mentioned at the same age, and with 2nd line minutes and 1st PP duties will likely outscore Kucherov's rookie season (and maybe even his sophomore one).

Reinbacher isn't even tracking as well as Josi who was his only comparable from his league who became a top 10 D, and he was a 2nd round pick who was a year younger in his D+1.

Is there anything suggesting Reinbacher has the projection of a top 10 D beyond pure, unfiltered copium?

It took Josi until his d+1 to match rein's draft year. Rein was already looking like a 0.5ppg d in laval last year after the kloten fiasco, whereas Josi only got to the AHL in his D+3 to put up 40 in 70. Rein would probably have put up similar numbers or just below this year had he stayed healthy. Those numbers also track with Seider, btw, who is closer to the type of D I'd expect Rein to become, minus the clapper.

I get people being annoyed with the injuries, but we're entering historical revisionist territory, here.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Iv watched the hit like 20 times now and I dont see where or how he got hurt. I hope he recovers quickly. kid looks awesome.

He got hit, and instead of just eating the hit, landing on his ass, and getting back up, he instead tried to stay up and balance himself with his foot, which caused strain on his knee.

now that you mention it.... this is kinda how it started for him... after surgeries, he lost his ability to pivot quickly, and thats that.

New fear unlocked

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He got hit, and instead of just eating the hit, landing on his ass, and getting back up, he instead tried to stay up and balance himself with his foot, which caused strain on his knee.
jesus, the human body can get hurt so easily. I just dont see how that takes 6months to heal. really hope he recovers faster than expected and can continue his development.

I also think Reinbacher will be fine even missing some development time, he looks like a good Dman. might be a blessing in disguise. very well might grab another top 3-5 pick

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
jesus, the human body can get hurt so easily. I just dont see how that takes 6months to heal. really hope he recovers faster than expected and can continue his development.

I also think Reinbacher will be fine even missing some development time, he looks like a good Dman. might be a blessing in disguise. very well might grab another top 3-5 pick

Fair, but we're talking two big strong athletes on skates, when those two collide, it's more understandable.

I just hope he has no residual damage from this and he heals 100% fully.....

I don't think it'll change our draft spot as he probably gonna be in Laval most or all of the year anyways, IMO.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Artie on the Habs board, one step closer to conversation let’s go

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
might be a blessing in disguise. very well might grab another top 3-5 pick
Statistically Suzuki has around 5 years of prime left and there's no 1C to take his place within the org. They can't keep kicking the can the road.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Fair, but we're talking two big strong athletes on skates, when those two collide, it's more understandable.

I just hope he has no residual damage from this and he heals 100% fully.....

I don't think it'll change our draft spot as he probably gonna be in Laval most or all of the year anyways, IMO.
I didnt really think about that, I thought he was in a good position to grab a spot on the Habs. either way man I think he will be fine. he's young he will heal quickly they will take care of him. got alot of natural skill so his development shouldnt be effected too much. only like 20

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Statistically Suzuki has around 5 years of prime left and there's no 1C to take his place within the org. They can't keep kicking the can the road.
I think 5 years is on the low end. depending how much he likes to go to the gym and stuff he should be more than fine, look at JT Miller as an example. breaks out at like 29 in a big way and still rolling. Brent Burns I swear broke out big time as he was close to 30. so that really varies, like Vatanen as an example didnt like to work out and his natural skill only kept him in the NHL till like 30. then u got freaks of nature like Phil Kessel who never works out and eats like shit, plays strong in his mid-30s then he fell off big time

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
That isn’t what happened. Go back and watch it in slow motion. If you look, he actually injures himself on the zone entry prior to any contact - he drags his left foot as he’s coming to a stop, bending his knee at an extremely awkward angle as he enters the zone. The hit, which was to his right side, was coincidental, and he falls because he was already injured.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
That isn’t what happened. Go back and watch it in slow motion. If you look, he actually injured himself on the zone entry prior to any contact - he drags his left foot as he’s coming to a stop, bending his knee at an extremely awkward angle as he enters the zone. The hit, which was to his right side, was coincidental, and he falls because he was already injured.

So he injured himself 100%, just skating?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think 5 years is on the low end. depending how much he likes to go to the gym and stuff he should be more than fine, look at JT Miller as an example. breaks out at like 29 in a big way and still rolling. Brent Burns I swear broke out big time as he was close to 30. so that really varies, like Vatanen as an example didnt like to work out and his natural skill only kept him in the NHL till like 30. then u got freaks of nature like Phil Kessel who never works out and eats like shit, plays strong in his mid-30s then he fell off big time
The reason you can name these players is because there are few of them. Players generally start declining at around 30 and most of them are out of the league by 35.

DrBizz4r3

Oct 5, 2020
From the mechanism of the fall and the immediate surgery, i suspect a fracture and a possible Maisonneuve fracture (fell on his leg with an ankle lock). I do not know the impact on athlète long term but it’s an unstable fracture with a long recovery

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
That isn’t what happened. Go back and watch it in slow motion. If you look, he actually injures himself on the zone entry prior to any contact - he drags his left foot as he’s coming to a stop, bending his knee at an extremely awkward angle as he enters the zone. The hit, which was to his right side, was coincidental, and he falls because he was already injured.
This is how I saw it too.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Skilled non hall of famer players whose game depends on hockey IQ tend to slow down a bit later. Usually anywhere between 31 and 33. Guys like Gallagher who are braindead and rely on giving it all every night usually slow down between 28 and 30. Suzuki probably has anywhere between 6 to 9 years left. (25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31*, 32*, 33*).

Suzuki wont be the top player of our team though. He's going to be a vet who will play a role but we have to have at least 2 to 3 forwards better than him to contend (minimum) and they will all be a few years younger. Even a slowed down version of Suzuki will be able to play a role like Markov did with Subban/Price/Patch. I see Suzuki and Caufield as a modern day Markov and Plekanec. Very good players who will play a vet role once the rebuild is done but who will not be the top players of the team.

Of their 3 drafts, which have they blown?
Too soon to know. And anyone who answer this question with anything else that "i don't know" should probably be ignored.

Reactions: MakeTheGoalsLarger

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They can kick the can until 2026-27. That's the year I have pencilled in as the start of their push.

I could be wrong but i think the agenda is and this is how i see it since KH was hired :

2024-25 : still "tanking" i.e. waiting for the kids to be ready
2025-26 : deadwood is mostly gone and we try to make the playoffs but without mortgaging the future and we come short because of a lack of experience
2026-27 : deadwood is hopefully all gone and we want to make the playoffs (should trade to fill holes) and we will probably be eliminated in 1st or 2nd round because of a lack of experience
2027-28 : go for it mortgaging the "not ready soon" future is an option

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Reinbacher draft for me but I’ve always hated the pick. Sorry the kid is injured that isn’t a good quantifier but two years in a row I have no faith in him.
I know how you roll, I just wanted to hear your take. Cause even though it feels gloomy I do feel like there’s finally competent management, even though the jury is still out cause we need some time to see. I wholeheartedly disagree with your post that I originally responded to though. :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad