Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Can't wait for Reinbacher to make you all eat crow the same way Shane Wright and Slaf have been. Kid is going to be a great player for a long time. If you told me I could have demigod or michkov I take demigod 10/10. Michkov would of made our top 6 that much softer. I understand the pick and I believe in the pick of RB.

Know what’s better than Demidov over Michkov?

Demidov and Michkov together and we don’t have to get drunk on copium.

Lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can't wait for Reinbacher to make you all eat crow the same way Shane Wright and Slaf have been. Kid is going to be a great player for a long time. If you told me I could have demigod or michkov I take demigod 10/10. Michkov would of made our top 6 that much softer. I understand the pick and I believe in the pick of RB.
Thats all fine and stuff buddy but it's never been about choosing between Demidov or Michkov. We could've had both.

We could've traded Caufield. We could've traded Michkov. We could've traded Demidov. Instead we went for lesser value because... because we tried to be the smartest man in the room, as it happened so often with Gorton.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Thats all fine and stuff buddy but it's never been about choosing between Demidov or Michkov. We could've had both.

We could've traded Caufield. We could've traded Michkov. We could've traded Demidov. Instead we went for lesser value because... because we tried to be the smartest man in the room, as it happened so often with Gorton.

Reactions: River Meadow

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
maury-well.gif

Habs lose their new shiny 5'8 super prospect to a dirty hirt and HF Habs respond completely rationally? Sure buddy. Sure.
So if god forbid demidov gets injured you think there would be a bunch of fans saying “ shoulda taken iginla”?
Doubt it
Its a lot worse when the pick was a reach to start with

Reactions: Mrb1p

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Insane that we are dealing with injuries like this again, already this season. What a total bummer. Reinbacher probably not gonna see game time for a calendar year.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Sucks that he will a lose a whole year of development. Last year he was on that awful team and now this year is a lost season.
Indeed, this is by far what sucks the most, and going forward as well the fact that he will have had this type of injury already at such a young age.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
He can start rehab in February, it's not a full year lost, at worst it's in March, he can see between 8-15 games and maybe playoffs

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
For the curious: presuming Montreal places Reinbacher on IR to start the season, it will be considered SOIR (Season Opening IR).

Players on SOIR have a pro-rated cap hit based on the % of days they spent in the NHL the prior season. They are also paid a blended salary based on the % of days in the NHL.

For example a SOIR player with 20% of the time in the NHL the prior season would have a cap hit of 20% his normal AAV. And would be paid on a rate equal to 20% of his NHL salary and 80% of his AHL salary.

With zero NHL days last season, that means Reinbacher would carry a $0 cap hit while on SOIR and be paid his AHL salary.

Reactions: Takeru

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I don't care what the pro-Michkov posters are saying. People forget it wasn't a guarantee he was coming over, there were rumours he wouldn't meet or sign with certain teams, and is an apparent POS.

It's just too bad Reinbacher has to deal with this.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't care what the pro-Michkov posters are saying. People forget it wasn't a guarantee he was coming over, there were rumours he wouldn't meet or sign with certain teams, and is an apparent POS.

It's just too bad Reinbacher has to deal with this.
You can’t project potential future injuries that haven’t happened yet at the draft table. This is just super unfortunate. Slafkovsky missed half a season, Caufield half a season, Dach a full season, Reinbacher now a season, Guhle constantly hurt. I think management has done a relatively good job so far, but nothing is more frustrating in a rebuild then not getting to see your young players grow during the losing process.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
While we are all upset at what happened to Laine it is just as bad (i would say worse) with how this will affect Reinbacher's development. He is part of the future core and losing a year of development is concerning.
I do find it quite funny that people are saying "poor Laine" while calling Reinbacher a bust and trashing him. Laine has, at this point, done nothing for us. At least Reinbacher has been in the organization for a couple years.

Will he turn into Ryan Murray? Let's hope not. Murray would have been one of the best defenseman of all-time, as far as I'm concerned. But couldn't stay healthy. But I'm not going to write of Reinbacher as injury prone on a freak injury. Fingers crossed this is his last long-term injury.

Reactions: junyab

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
You win playoff / stanley cup games with players of RBs mold/attitude. You get the occasional highlight with players of michkovs mold/attitude. I'll take playoff and stanley cups all day long

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I mean at least it isn't concussions like Juulsen but sucks to see his development really impacted in back to back years. Especially going to feel bad watching the Flyers guy while he recovers and maybe get some career advancement this season.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I do find it quite funny that people are saying "poor Laine" while calling Reinbacher a bust and trashing him. Laine has, at this point, done nothing for us. At least Reinbacher has been in the organization for a couple years.

Will he turn into Ryan Murray? Let's hope not. Murray would have been one of the best defenseman of all-time, as far as I'm concerned. But couldn't stay healthy. But I'm not going to write of Reinbacher as injury prone on a freak injury. Fingers crossed this is his last long-term injury.

I think it's less that he got injured and more he looks to be the worst player taken in top 15 that draft so far.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Terrible... In a crucial developmental year.

This is exactly why I'm bummed out, especially since he looked so promising in Laval last year and looked stronger/faster this year. It's insane how unlucky this franchise has been.

I think it's less that he got injured and more he looks to be the worst player taken in top 15 that draft so far.
He definitely did not look like that in Laval.

Reactions: Hinterland

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This is exactly why I'm bummed out, especially since he looked so promising in Laval last year and looked stronger/faster this year. It's insane how unlucky this franchise has been.

He definitely did not look like that in Laval.
Here's hoping he somehow builds of those few weeks and development camp

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I'd say oh well at least they tried for the boom.

What's the boom with David? Even Hughes said he was most likely a 2nd D.

Top pairing RHD is as much as a boom as a star winger.

We have beaten this horse to death but a big sized RHD who can defend against the rushes and consistently win his defensive assignments against enemy team opposition is the most in-demand NHL asset along with a 1C.

Reactions: junyab and badfish

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You win playoff / stanley cup games with players of RBs mold/attitude. You get the occasional highlight with players of michkovs mold/attitude. I'll take playoff and stanley cups all day long
Yep, Patrick Kane is a total loser and not the 2nd most clutch player of his generation.

Neither is Kucherov.

Top pairing RHD is as much as a boom as a star winger.

We have beaten this horse to death but a big sized RHD who can defend against the rushes and consistently win his defensive assignments against enemy team opposition is the most in-demand NHL asset along with a 1C.
No its not. Nobody would trade Kucherov or Pastrnak for Gustav Forsling.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Impossible as Arizona gave us the gift of being an absolute dumpster fire and picked both Simashev and But in the top 15.

As a fan of Reinbacher though, i would lie if I said he separated himself from anyone in the top 15...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Does he?
Simashev scored just 11 points last season...in 80 KHL games. Reinbacher scored 11 points for a terrible Kloten team alone. In 35 games.
Michkov was chased outta St.Petersburg once again and got benched and scratched in Sochi as well.
Danielson did not meet expectations in the WHL...and I say that as a big fan of his.
Dvorsky was benched and scratched in Oskarshamn, returned to junior hockey just a few weeks after saying that he's done playing vs kids and ready to play vs men.
But had a very up and down season in the KHL...was mostly a non factor.
Yager, Wood, Willander and Leonard played good seasons I guess but nothing too crazy either.
The only one to really exceed expectations was Benson but personally, I have my doubts regarding his upside.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad