Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
yup, by yet another scrub.
As long as the league allows for these scrubs to be in uniform, talented players will be targeted. If the gesture is intentional or not, that's open for debate. Goons have always been part of the sport. Talented players must learn to protect themselves from potential career ending surgeries.

Reactions: CharleyHorse

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Yeah, he made that big speech about his sources and reputation.

Dude should start off tonight and say he got it wrong, bet he won’t. Not even wrong but he also said Laine was worse the Patrick, could not be far off.

I guess then lessoned learned wait to hear it directly from the source.
always sound advice for most anything in life

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I told you this guy is legit.

View attachment 911414
respect-child.gif

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
LFG!!!!!!!

Unbelievably good news. Hope he actually does make a full recovery within 3 months. This is incredible.

Gives a chance to proabably Kapanen in the meantime.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
As long as the league allows for these scrubs to be in uniform, talented players will be targeted. If the gesture is intentional or not, that's open for debate. Goons have always been part of the sport. Talented players must learn to protect themselves from potential career ending surgeries.

Further to this, the league also has a long history of great players committing atrocities.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Honestly I still have a hard time to believing there is nothing torn (even partially) ACL, PCL, MCL, meniscus… the leg blend was so significant and is lower leg was just flailing around while in the air left to right as if it wasn’t even connected to the rest of the leg… This is the best new we could have hope.

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
This is good news. Historically Laine has not been good coming back from injuries. But historically he also has been devastated mentally with them and this time at least on surface it looks like he's not. Let's hope for the best.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Pare wasn’t targeting Laine maybe a bit because he wanted to stand him up at the blue line but just got overwhelmed when Laine was able to cut to the inside, he had the worst reaction, NHL just need to step up, the intent don’t matter we don’t want anyone sticking out there knee out for any reason it should be a suspension. What is even worst here are the consequences NHL usually suspend base on the outcome and in this situation nothing at all… there were multiple instances were player made dangerous play that could have received penalty or fines NHL player safety are just not doing anything to help or change the situation.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Damn,

I thought Laine had the chance to score 40 goals for you guys in what could have been an epic buy-low trade. This is really going to hurt the momentum and groove for Laine.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Honestly I still have a hard time to believing there is nothing torn (even partially) ACL, PCL, MCL, meniscus… the leg blend was so significant and is lower leg was just flailing around while in the air left to right as if it wasn’t even connected to the rest of the leg… This is the best new we could have hope.
I don’t think we know whether or not there’s a partial tear in his MCL, you can play with an MCL sprain, a lot of athletes do or rather, a sprain.

I’m certain I’ve read of athletes playing through it.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
we need @VirginiaMtlExpat to chime in with his Good Will Hunting diagnosis. Now I'm thinking they blew the diagnosis and after a month they will say 'oooops he does need surgery'

PTSD from all the mismanaged treatments over the years :(

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad