Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Nice! Hope it was a good show. I grew up (well got older, I'm still immature) in the 80s Montreal punk and HC scene. Still go to shows regularly including Punk Rock Bowling in May. Good friend runs Greenland.ca
Page? Hehe I wonder if we know each other...

Reactions: windycity

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Remember when some in the arena were booing Slaf after he was drafted, they were pissed because they wanted Wright and his so far 1 NHL goal….….fun times
Oh he got one ? Damn must have missed that :) well that with I will show them attitude , I wonder how many he would have had if we not insult and motivate him

• Haha
Reactions: jaffy27

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Remember when some in the arena were booing Slaf after he was drafted, they were pissed because they wanted Wright and his so far 1 NHL goal….….fun times
No I don't and I was there.
The resounding applause was all I could hear.
It was heartfelt and it was warming it was loud. It followed Slaf everywhere he went in the Bell Center all draft long.
If people were booing I sure didn't hear it.

N.B. I wanted Wright and I was cheering louder than most. Plus I have a wicked Shrill whistle. :D

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It was heartfelt and it was warming it was loud. It followed Slaf everywhere he went in the Bell Center all draft long.
As avid as Hab fans can be I would find it surprising if they booed an 18 year old who just got drafted.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The whole thing is just so cool and im honestly thrilled its working out this way for him

Imagine a couple of weeks ago whats on your mind is "i cant believe i gotta wait around for weeks just to SEE if i have to play a meaningless 7 game series with this GARBAGE team JUST to keep THEM from getting relegated which they probably deserve anyway for being so bad"

to its 2 weeks later, youve ditched the team forever, you joined the absolute 'closest' possible league that can get you to the NHL, the team that drafted you's farm team in the AHL, who are in an actual honest to god playoff spot hunt where even the regular season games now have the playoffs feel to it and every game matters

and he goes and joins the team, playing his 1st game, actually f***ing scores the game tying goal in highlight fashion in the 3rd period to help give Mailloux a chance to win in OT to help the whole team get closer to their actual goal, which is making the playoffs....and not 'getting relegated to a worse league'..

Again, could not be happier for this freaking kid, who if 'he' pans out, makes our entire NHL rebuild look even better for the future

One thing i cannot get over with him and it obviously skews the non-plugged in fan, the guy is just surrounded by 'relegation'

Cant play WJC this year, why? he sucks? nope, team stinks so bad it got relegated
Cant shine in his D+1 year, why? he sucks? nope, team stinks so bad it almost got relegated...

like its not fair for him in a sense lol, just surrounded by 'trash' the last 3 years
I think its 0 surprise he will shine at the AHL level and in turn, at the NHL level with better talent around him and once his bearings are set

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

N.B. I wanted Wright and I was cheering louder than most. Plus I have a wicked Shrill whistle. :D

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Honey - get the crow out of the freezer and start thawing it out.
The thing that bothers me most with fans is that they have ‘their guy’ and then dump all over the player we go with if it wasn’t who they wanted. Like… seriously man, give the player a chance. We saw that with Slaf and we’re seeing it with this guy.

I hate to keep repeating this but it’s a marathon, not a sprint. We should be welcoming this guy, not crapping all over him. If he doesn’t live up to where we got him… okay, but we won’t know that for years. In the meantime, just give him the time to develop.

I’ll fully admit, I wanted Michkov. Wanted Wright too… but that’s not who we got. Look at how Slaf is doing now. No reason RB can’t be successful as well. Had a rough year but was on a terrible club. Let’s see what he can do now.

I’m glad he’s finally in the AHL too. Hopefully they give him a full year there and he joins with Hutson in 25-26.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The thing that bothers me most with fans is that they have ‘their guy’ and then dump all over the player we go with if it wasn’t who they wanted. Like… seriously man, give the player a chance. We saw that with Slaf and we’re seeing it with this guy.

I hate to keep repeating this but it’s a marathon, not a sprint. We should be welcoming this guy, not crapping all over him. If he doesn’t live up to where we got him… okay, but we won’t know that for years. In the meantime, just give him the time to develop.

I’m glad he’s finally in the AHL too. Hopefully they give him a full year there and he joins with Hutson in 25-26.
It's similar for me as well
Where as I've never been of the mind 'no, you're wrong, my guy is better than your guy'
It was always about 'wow, guys, can we give the kids more than , forget 80+ NHL games, can we give them more time than calling them busts while they're still teenagers...?'
I just can never get over that for real
And I say that as a self admitted Cooley/Leonard man to boot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad