Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
As much as I wanted Michkov, I still feel disgusted when I remember that people sent hate messages to a kid and his family :mad:
A segment of our fans always find new lows. Like how Price was treated when he was young or when Slaf was first drafted. But the Reinbacher blowback was just shameful. He's our player and he's 18, who in their right mind would harass him.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I thought he had an impressive first game all around. He looks like a player and is faster than I expected in a lot of areas of the ice.
Yeah players like him actually end up benefitting from going to smaller ice really lol, it's an added bonus , once he fully adjusts to it and matures more he'll be zippin all over the place

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I remember Avtsin being compared to Ovechkin.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

This post reminded me of Olivier Archambeault - was watching the draft on RDS at the time and they were making outlandish projections as usual ("a first round talent in the 4th round" type stuff)

And upon looking him up I saw that hes still playing in Slovakia!

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
This post reminded me of Olivier Archambeault - was watching the draft on RDS at the time and they were making outlandish projections as usual ("a first round talent in the 4th round" type stuff)

And upon looking him up I saw that hes still playing in Slovakia!
Archambault is so damn talented though. He just isn’t focused enough on hockey but he was talented as hell

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I had a feeling Reinbacher would look good on the smaller NA ice, he's such a smooth skater. Hopefully Laval makes a push for the playoffs!

Also seemed like Barron had a good game offensively, my guess is that he's feeling the pressure, but I like how he responded this game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Couldn't catch the game, but I'm happy to hear he played well and already scored his first! Looking forward to the highlight package from @montreal hehe
As you should, as @montreal always delivers.

Here's a slowed down gif of Reinbacher's goal from a reverse angle.

no7uU2Q.gif

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
As you should, as @montreal always delivers.

Here's a slowed down gif of Reinbacher's goal from a reverse angle.

no7uU2Q.gif
Moved the dman with his eyes just enough to open the space for the shot. You can see as soon as the dman bites Reinbacher decides to shoot, great angle. It's just one game, but exciting times ahead for sure.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's so funny that that's the goal he scores in his first game lol.

I don't think he's shown anything close to that this year so far. In his draft year, I saw him score a few nice ones off the wrister but his hands have been a mixed bag though looking somewhat better of late.

Sure it's one game but he couldn't have scored a better goal to instil faith in his offensive potential. Even though the eye test was lacking at times with him, he's still a 19 year old playing in a men's league who was their #1 (as far as I know). That alone is impressive in itself.

If he can get the offensive game going in the bigs, he's going to be a huge addition to this team.
He may not start with the Habs next year but my guess is he plays his way onto the team at some point during the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad