Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal

Attachments

• 1000002572.png
    1000002572.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • Haha
Reactions: Team_Spirit

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
To be honest, I really didn't focus on the MB part of his posts...honest. I wasn't trying to pile on MB, i'm not as harsh on his tenure as most are/were. I mean, he left us with some pretty bad contracts, but I don' t think it was ALL bad over his tenure (ducks for cover).
1710971570413.gif

Hardcore Bergy haters taking exception to that quote lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
'He was a first round draft pick'

This seems like a permanent label used by fans, media and NHL management that adds levels of expectation that may not have ever been reasonable. These kids don't decide where they are drafted but they do have to live with the results. Doesn't matter where they were drafted really, if they don't continually progress, others will bypass them sooner or later.
They are usually afforded more chances to succeed and are generally more likely to reach the NHL and faster, than their lower drafted buddies. Draft pedigree really only matters in the first few years but after that, stagnation or regression will wear off the sheen of having been selected with an early pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: bopeep and Chili

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
They are usually afforded more chances to succeed and are generally more likely to reach the NHL and faster, than their lower drafted buddies. Draft pedigree really only matters in the first few years but after that, stagnation or regression will wear off the sheen of having been selected with an early pick.
Seeing Tinordi and McCarron eventually find NHL roles, maybe being drafted high helped them get another chance. Believe they deserve most of the credit for persevering and improving to the point where they are NHL players.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Seeing Tinordi and McCarron eventually find NHL roles, maybe being drafted high helped them get another chance. Believe they deserve most of the credit for persevering and improving to the point where they are NHL players.
They were reaches and less than ideal high picks, but they weren’t crazy. Lefebvre tried to get them to goon it up in the AHL and it did not help them at all.

Reactions: DAChampion

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
They were reaches and less than ideal high picks, but they weren’t crazy. Lefebvre tried to get them to goon it up in the AHL and it did not help them at all.

Lefebvre fault now.

They where both 6'6 220 and both fought alot in junior, do you really think that Lefebvre had something to do with them fighting in the AHL
:facepalm:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
More or less the same is happening with Reinbacher that happened with Slafkovsky. The fanbase become extremely low on an absolute top prospect for dubious reason. Mainly because the favourite one have not been selected.

I expect folks to be surprised and say things like they never foresaw that growth coming (like we now so often read on Slaf.) when Reinbacher is sooner than later a solid top 4 presence in our D.

The present obvious is that he is a big sized RD with elite transitional plays. The kid is a player.

One stoned guy parroted the parabolic, exponential growth on Slaf. I wonder what could it be for the gigantic, astronomical thunderbolt shock Reinbacher is about to cause.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It's been well documented. For example Lefebvre discouraged McCarron from trying to score goals.

Ça semble tirer par les cheveux.

Also, its quite the poor excuse to have been discouraged of scoring goals.

But yeah, Lefebvre was one hell of a scumbag.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
To be honest, I really didn't focus on the MB part of his posts...honest. I wasn't trying to pile on MB, i'm not as harsh on his tenure as most are/were. I mean, he left us with some pretty bad contracts, but I don' t think it was ALL bad over his tenure (ducks for cover).
Oh I remember those heady days! Me and you defending (sort of) MB with like 4 others. Those were the days.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
More or less the same is happening with Reinbacher that happened with Slafkovsky. The fanbase become extremely low on an absolute top prospect for dubious reason. Mainly because the favourite one have not been selected.

I expect folks to be surprised and say things like they never foresaw that growth coming (like we now so often read on Slaf.) when Reinbacher is sooner than later a solid top 4 presence in our D.

The present obvious is that he is a big sized RD with elite transitional plays. The kid is a player.

One stoned guy parroted the parabolic, exponential growth on Slaf. I wonder what could it be for the gigantic, astronomical thunderbolt shock Reinbacher is about to cause.
Don't forget the crow...the crow is important on this site, it's the go-to.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Reinbacher looked pretty good in pre season, not sure why people are so concerned given how absolutely horrid his team was this year.

I think he’ll be fine. A full year in the AHL next season and he’ll be good to go is my expectation.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Reinbacher looked pretty good in pre season, not sure why people are so concerned given how absolutely horrid his team was this year.

I think he’ll be fine. A full year in the AHL next season and he’ll be good to go is my expectation.
I haven't really seen anyone be concerned about Reinbacher. Given the Josi comparisons, I think it was fair to expect him to play lights out this season. That hasn't happened and it was largely due to his team and his injuries, but I don't see why people should get ridiculed for not being super thrilled about his season. That doesn't mean that anything has changed in terms of potential.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I haven't really seen anyone be concerned about Reinbacher. Given the Josi comparisons, I think it was fair to expect him to play lights out this season. That hasn't happened and it was largely due to his team and his injuries, but I don't see why people should get ridiculed for not being super thrilled about his season. That doesn't mean that anything has changed in terms of potential.

Are people ridiculing others for not being thrilled? I haven’t read all 40 pages, I know I haven’t.

Where does the comparison go Josi come from? I’ve actually never heard that before. Other than them both playing in the NL I really don’t see it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Are people ridiculing others for not being thrilled? I haven’t read all 40 pages, I know I haven’t.
Many are definitely being labeled as a hater. You can like another prospect more than him but also still like Reinbacher.
Where does the comparison go Josi come from? I’ve actually never heard that before. Other than them both playing in the NL I really don’t see it.
It's not a style/player comparison, I should have made that clear. It was more the fact that Josi was producing similarly during his D+1, and the expectation was obviously that Reinbacher as a top 5 pick would explode this year. I mean we mostly say things like how "KK/Galchenyuk/Slaf should have gone back and dominate" and the fact that we finally did this with a top 5 pick, expectations were for him to be dominant similarly to how Josi was in his 2nd year.

Last edited:
Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Is every Laval game available through RDS? I've only got Sportsnet and about 10 of the last 12 NHL games have been blacked out, so I'm going for RDS just for that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let him bring it on, it’ll be a welcome sight.

I’m not sure what we have in this player just yet but the Habs used a high pick on him so I want him to succeed.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised anyway cause I have no expectations. It’ll be fun to see his progress in a much more stable environment vs what he experienced with Kloten.

Someone please shut JiC’s mouth, he’s been on an absolute rampage claiming there were 7-8 draftees better than Reinbacher.

Is every Laval game available through RDS? I've only got Sportsnet and about 10 of the last 12 NHL games have been blacked out, so I'm going for RDS just for that.
Only home games are broadcast on RDS.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Heffyhoof

Jul 6, 2016
A Quebec journalist (I don't remember for whom he is working) has got in touch with some veteran Quebec born players who are in the Swiss league. He asked them about the strenghts and weaknesses of Reinbacher who they faced often in the last two seasons. They are all pretty impressed by him. One of them saying he is looking like a 30 y o vet on the ice. Decision making is good, skating is very good, use of his stick to defend is great. Great first pass, too. A fast learner. His only weak point is his lack of physical play along the boards in his zone. But they say it can be learned in the future.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

I remember he setted up Josh Anderson for a goal on a very nice play against NJD.

I mean, we did not make a big deal out of it. But in hindsight, its pretty incredible !

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
I'm pretty hyped to see Reinbacher play this weekend. For once, it's actually convenient that the Habs aren't playing this Saturday. At least we'll get to watch Reinbacher and Laval battle for a playoff spot.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm pretty hyped to see Reinbacher play this weekend. For once, it's actually convenient that the Habs aren't playing this Saturday. At least we'll get to watch Reinbacher and Laval battle for a playoff spot.
It will be fun to watch 3 young RD prospects in the same game. Belleville for some reason always owns Laval...I think it has to do with on ice intimidation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad