Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Temporary, because Guhle can amazingly handle it for now despite the top assignments/partner

Safe to say there are a couple RD's on the way bud lol

More reason to let him play his devlopment years on his strong side, we're not devloping the 30 years old D

Reactions: cphabs

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The amazing thing about a lot of the people I read trashing Slafkovsky and trashing the pick is that several of them freely acknowledged that they had *never seen him play.*

What would possess anyone to share their opinion on a player - and take a real adamant stance on the player - even though they've never seen them play?

I've been here a very long time and I've seen all kinds of really wild hot takes, and often, it's pretty obvious when someone hasn't even seen the player in question, but they are still giving you their (hot) take, but in this case, I saw multiple people freely admit that they hadn't seen him play! It was bizarre!

Probably the same people who haven’t watched a certain Russian play but maintain he’s the most gifted offensive player after Bedard.

The Slaf thing I recall and it was absurd since unlike European games, Habs games are readily available.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Wattcing TSN. Seems the Orville Redenbacker is only AHL this year. why put that presurue on a Young Guy. New World North America. Hutson will play a few!! He's from Boston.. Let Euro Guy Try to Help Laval make Play-off.s get used to Ice....

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Putting him with Bisson at practice today is a good thing for two reasons: he's paired with an experienced D and he's paired with someone who is a regular.

Apparently the pairs at practice were:

Trudeau - Mailloux
Bisson - Reinbacher
Galipeau - Barron

Norlinder was the extra D.
Barron on the third pair? Damn.

Reactions: Andrei79 and Habs13

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016

OMG he lost an edge and ended up on his ass. I can't anymore. He's a disaster.

Let's just hope he doesn't get hit 2-3 times because then the X users will bandy about those 2-3 clips and start a narrative that he's a dumb kid who can't keep his head up and will be out of the league soon.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I wanted Michkov too but have you ever considered that he could be a bust? We have no idea how his game will translate from Sochi to the NHL.

I don't think he'll be a bust but there are certainly way more red flags with Michkov than with other top prospects from that draft. His scoring may look good but he was also repeatedly benched and scratched this season. Two different teams, two different coaches decided to do that. To compare, Reinbacher played for four different coaches this season alone and played heavy minutes in every single game for all of those coaches. Reinbacher is also a defenseman. Much easier to earn the trust of your coaches if you're a winger compared to a defenseman.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Let's just hope he doesn't get hit 2-3 times because then the X users will bandy about those 2-3 clips and start a narrative that he's a dumb kid who can't keep his head up and will be out of the league soon.

That is unlikely to happen because Reinbacher is actually pretty difficult to line up.

Firstly he's pretty big so you always have to watch out for the reverse hit that would send you on a flight.

Secondly he's highly mobile for his size, a pretty slippery fella and tough to catch.

Most importantly, Reinbacher just simply doesn't have the puck a lot. He's just incredibly good at finding options quickly but he doesn't even want the puck on his stick, prefers fast paced hockey. I don't think I even once noticed him holding onto a puck for too long. That just never happens. Players who
are getting rid of pucks quickly are also very difficult to hit.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Putting him with Bisson at practice today is a good thing for two reasons: he's paired with an experienced D and he's paired with someone who is a regular.

Apparently the pairs at practice were:

Trudeau - Mailloux
Bisson - Reinbacher
Galipeau - Barron

Norlinder was the extra D.

Interesting that Galupeau and Bisson are ahead of Norlinder on the depth chart.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Interesting that Galupeau and Bisson are ahead of Norlinder on the depth chart.
I don't understand what's happened between Norlinder being the last guy sent down at camp to falling seemingly out of the Habs purview entirely. I don't think he's back with the organization next year

Reactions: 26Mats

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't understand what's happened between Norlinder being the last guy sent down at camp to falling seemingly out of the Habs purview entirely. I don't think he's back with the organization next year
He had a great camp, but played like crap once in Laval. The same goes with Trudeau.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Mysak learned what Norlinder is living.. if Houle decides he doesn't like you, there's nothing you can do.

It's fine, we can handle the loss of Norlinder, years ago we couldn't.. but hard to know how things would have played out if MB and Houle had handled him differently.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Mysak learned what Norlinder is living.. if Houle decides he doesn't like you, there's nothing you can do.

It's fine, we can handle the loss of Norlinder, years ago we couldn't.. but hard to know how things would have played out if MB and Houle had handled him differently.
hmmm... will be interesting to see what happens with Mesar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad