Player Discussion David Pastrnak

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
So much for the Bruin discount,

" I would play for free" fraud
Do you feel this was his ceiling in terms of value? I personally think he left over a million per year on the table. I do hear ya, but I'm hoping that the idea here is that the percentage of his cap hit will continue to drop just in the first half of this contract. And, looks like his contract will be valuable to everyone at the end of the contract, since his actual paycheck will be less than the cap hit at that point.

Pasta had all the leverage here, but I think the structure here is advantage Bruins.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I am so f'in happy right now. Pasta is potentially my all time favorite Bruin. Neely, Bourque, and Bergeron are all up there (I'm not old enough to have seen any of the legends before the 90s), but Pasta is such a fun personality to have around, way moreso than most NHLers. Great player on and off the ice. Potentially my pick for the C when Bergeron retires.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Awesome news.

But, its no or never season. Cap is screwed, assets are gone…
And it begins. The math guys have shown up. Get your charts ready everyone.

Evans vs hf boards math guys.

Round 1 fight !

1EEED6AF-D724-4224-B7C7-4D658F4AF452.gif

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Do you feel this was his ceiling in terms of value? I personally think he left over a million per year on the table. I do hear ya, but I'm hoping that the idea here is that the percentage of his cap hit will continue to drop just in the first half of this contract. And, looks like his contract will be valuable to everyone at the end of the contract, since his actual paycheck will be less than the cap hit at that point.

Pasta had all the leverage here, but I think the structure here is advantage Bruins.
He did have all the leverage and he took it. I guess I was spoiled by the great one's Bergy and Brad team first guys.

He's the look at me new aged NHL player.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
For those talking discount - Pasta just left probably $10 mil on the table on his last extension. Easily could've been a 8-9 mil/ year player for the past six years. He front loaded his discount.

McAvoy didn't give a hometown discount either, were people critical of him when he re-signed?
Yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad