Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
What the hell was the hold up???????????

I would say 100% positive this is Pasta caving in just to play hockey. Agent deals with money, but at some point they have to answer to the player. As we have learned he just absolutely loves the game and playing with his teammates. I think that is more important to him than money.

This is smart move by Don, and I exactly mentioned this same scenario playing out earlier in this thread.

:handclap:

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
Little disappointed they couldn't agree on a longer term and more avv

Overall happy it's over with

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Would've preferred 8y*7m, but this is not the worst deal.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What the hell was the hold up???????????

Oh c'mon now, give credit where it's due. I was on board the Sweeney hate train as much as anyone as it looked like we were seeing the same thing once again with a promising young player, but this holdout actually worked. $6.667 million is a bargain, and it's not like it soured Pasta on the team considering he was willing to sign for 6 years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Great deal, this leaves the albatross contracts as:
1. Krecji (thanks Chia)
2. Backes
3. Beleskey

If Beleskey bounces back and has a year like he did in 15/16, 15-20 goals and 250+ hits, that contract is fine.

I have been saying all along I like Backes a lot, but the deal is 1/2 years too long. Unfortunately, that's what happens when you sign UFA's instead of developing your own talent.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
modern day "bridge deal" it seems. They must have been far apart on the value of a max contract and settled at this. Great job by Sweeney and I'm thinking Pasta's love for the team and area really paid off here (plus playing with top players on his line).

This is a fantastic deal for all parties, very smart.

Dom was right again it seems. The man is amazing. I have a buddy who plays hockey with a hugely popular NHL insider that told me they were very far apart and seemed like Pasta wasn't budging off max. Dom knew it all along,.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
If Beleskey bounces back and has a year like he did in 15/16, 15-20 goals and 250+ hits, that contract is fine.

I have been saying all along I like Backes a lot, but the deal is 1/2 years too long. Unfortunately, that's what happens when you sign UFA's instead of developing your own talent.

Maybe I'm a pessimist but there's no way Beleskey is coming anywhere close to 20 goals in his career anymore. He's cooked.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think all the people who are saying this is Pasta caving or the B's playing hardball are wrong. This is just how negotiations work.

Barry was probably using Draisailtl's deal as his standard.

The B's were probably going Drouin, Hubes, Barkov.

They ended up settling on Gaudreau/Monahan, who are good comps.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Kudos to Sweeney for signing Pasta for close to his offer, if reports are correct. This leaves him some breathing room for McAvoy, Carlo, etc. in two years.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
:laugh:

Praise Mario!

Now, I can get excited about the camp.

Bruins "hit" even one of these kids potential at forward, and it could be revolutionary for us.

Even my morbid expectations are tempted to feel the slight tingle of excitement.

Good deal, and hopefully Pasta continues his rise to stardom

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe I'm a pessimist but there's no way Beleskey is coming anywhere close to 20 goals in his career anymore. He's cooked.

If you say so.

I think last year, he wasn't in the best of shape coming in (which is on him, not the B's) and it snowballed when he got hurt. If he's a stand up guy, he shows up in great shape and tears it up. He just turned 29, not 35, and should be in his prime still.

ps 15-20 isn't 20...it's 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 :laugh: I would take 16/17 and a physical presence on the forecheck and in front.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
This is an awesome deal. This is no bridge deal. 6 years is a long period of time. We will greatly benefit from a reasonable cap hit on one of our best players over those years.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Thank God that is over. Now let's find something else for us fans to beyotch about!! :laugh:

Nah, let's play some hockey instead :hockey:

Jani8

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Excellent news! I was supporting the 3 year bridge deal around 5.5-6Mil per. So coming out with a 6 year contract at 6.67Mil per is an absolute home run for Sweeney. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad