Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
not nowadays.
Its all about guaranteed money as lockout protection. The AAV used to be all there was to the story................not anymore.

I just don't understand what players and agents are thinking there. The owners won't lockout players with the current CBA. They'll just keep going.

The risk is a strike. And if you strike, you gotta pay it back.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I just don't understand what players and agents are thinking there. The owners won't lockout players with the current CBA. They'll just keep going.

The risk is a strike. And if you strike, you gotta pay it back.

No you don't.

The bonus is for simply putting your signature on the contract. That's it. No other obligation.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Nice very reasonable ,good job bye Sweeney
Yahoooooooo
I am so happy we got this deal done NOW.
All we need is another decent forward that can give us 15-20 goals and we are off to the races.
Cap Friendly has us with a 2.6 million cap space now, gives us a bit of room to maneuver.
I like the T Purcell PTO tryout contract, hope he has something left in the tank.
He scored 32 pts 3 yrs ago.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Im not going to say I told you so. I'm not going to say I told you so. I'm not going to say I told you so.

<dunks>

I think I posted 10 deals figuring I would hit on one so I could gloat and I didn't have this :laugh:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Glad he's signed.

Would have given him more $$$(7-7.5M) per year so the term was 8y but overall, not a bad deal at all for the Bruins.

Now let's win this division!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
That's a real good number

Barry and Sweeney did well

Want to see bonus money and NMC etc

Hopefully these two kids have learned a bit about each other and future dealings will go well - I would imagine they will

Nothing like a good compromise

There can't be NTC/NMC for the first 4y. It's only possible for the last two.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Anyone who thinks that a 21 year old kid getting $40 Million dollars to play a game he loves has been slighted is out of their mind.

If you are talking "the real world", then you might be right. Professional sports? Completely different. You can most definitely sign a $40 mil contract and be slighted at the same time. It's all about context.

Just to be crystal clear, I'm not saying that Pasta has been slighted, just that it IS possible for a 21 year old millionaire to be slighted.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Looking at pastas deal the LD deal is an overpayment. Chia spent excess cap he could have used improving his team elsewhere.

As I said before, with the 8-year term vs. 6, you can't even compare the two.

Apples to oranges now.

Even if the Drasitl contract is an overpayment, that overpayment amount (call it 1.5 million a season for arguments sake) isn't going to make any difference to Edmonton's chances. It's not like that little bit more that could of been saved will give them the space to bring in anyone of significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad