Confirmed with Link: Dave Cameron Fired (along with Tourigny, Wamsley) (starts at post 208)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Melnyk you ****ing idiot when will you understand that hiring a good coach and putting a good product on the ice will result in butts in seats in the regular season + playoff revenue.

This is getting depressing. No hope for this organization to be anything more than mediocre if we keep going down this path.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Is anyone going to provide actual quotes? Did he say he wasn't willing to pay Babcock type dollars or something? That would be a pretty reasonable stance imo. Babcock dollars are just silly.

I'm not really inclined to believe anything from Senschirp as its become a real dumpster fire.

On Tim & Sid he said they would spend to get the right coach.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Melnyk you ****ing idiot when will you understand that hiring a good coach and putting a good product on the ice will result in butts in seats in the regular season + playoff revenue.

This is getting depressing. No hope for this organization to be anything more than mediocre if we keep going down this path.

And that is what he said they will spend to hire a good coach.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Is anyone going to provide actual quotes? Did he say he wasn't willing to pay Babcock type dollars or something? That would be a pretty reasonable stance imo. Babcock dollars are just silly.

I'm not really inclined to believe anything from Senschirp as its become a real dumpster fire.

I'm going to wait til the interview is up on the TSN1200 site before jumping to get my torch and pitchfork.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

He said something along the lines of the candidate would have to walk on water to spend the $4-5M to hire him

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

It seems to me he's perfectly willing to spend 2-3 mil with the current budget for the roster, but beyond that would have to make cuts somewhere, but I could be completely wrong.

I think it's unreasonable to expect Ottawa to pay 5+ mil for a coach, but that's me. If Julien want's that kind of money from us, maybe we're better off going after option B.

I just don't want the next Hartsburg.

Off topic, Dorion mentioned wanting someone who stresses the defensive side, so that might mean a guy like Yoe is in the mix.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Not at all when you play too aggressive while on offence and cause chances against. Selfish, fancy plays cause this phenomenon. Also lack of puck support from the forwards who are too busy being up high waiting for the breakaway stretch pass.

That's exactly what I mean. There's too much physical ability and hockey sense on this roster to let that kind of crap go on. BTW, when Karlsson's on the ice, I want forwards to be ready for a breakaway pass, which can happen suddenly and at any time. It would be nice if they took Karlsson's gifts and actually scored a bit more often.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i should have posted my advice in each thread.
Never listen to eugene. If his mouth is open, close your ears.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
i should have posted my advice in each thread.
Never listen to eugene. If his mouth is open, close your ears.

I am starting to have a bigger issue with certain fans they read something on a blog and think its true.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
If Julien becomes available and we can't get him because of money problems, it's clear that Melnyck shouldn't be owning this team. I know that he saved the Sens from leaving Ottawa, but some of the stuff I've heard over the past few years about budget and money issues just infuriates me as a fan. Those should not be the reasons why a team isn't succeeding in a salary cap world. I just really hope that we don't lose Hoffman for the same reasons.

Last edited:

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I am starting to have a bigger issue with certain fans they read something on a blog and think its true.

Eugene has a greater impact on the team than two bloggers. I would have a bigger issue with him if I were you.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
My understanding from the interview is that it's up to Dorion, he's taking a 3 month holiday now and he green lighted Murray to bring in players last year but Murray told him there was nothing league wide to bring in.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
omfg Melynk sell this team.

Mendes" if coach X becomes available and he is the best option and the GM wants him, but he makes 4-5M does he become the coach of the Ottawa Senators?"

Melynk "Does he walk on water"

**** this scrooge.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Do they walk on water? :laugh:

Relative to other HC candidates, probably.

4-5 Mil would make whoever we hire the second highest paid coach in the league behind only Babcock who got an absurd deal because Toronto wanted to flex it's financial muscle. If Julien asks for that after being fired (as opposed to Babs who chose to leave) that's a red flag to me.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
omfg Melynk sell this team.

Mendes" if coach X becomes available and he is the best option and the GM wants him, does he become the coach of the Ottawa Senators?"

Melynk "Does he walk on water"

**** this scrooge.

Really spending 2-3 million is being a scrooge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad