Confirmed with Link: Dave Cameron Fired (along with Tourigny, Wamsley) (starts at post 208)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Melnyk was just on Tim and Sid and said he understands that what you spend reflects on the level of coach he will get. And that the 2-3M spent on a coach is easily replaceable if they make the playoffs.

Basically sounds like he's done screwing around and ready to commit to someone, even if it means a couple more dollars out then he would like.

Getting a big name like Julien would do a lot to boost fan interest for next season I would imagine, regardless of initial performance.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Hypothetically, how much term would you guys give Julien to start off with?

I probably would probably give him 3 or 4 years to start off with.

Both sound reasonable. I could see Julien preferring 3 over 4 and considering his options as each season goes by.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Getting a big name like Julien would do a lot to boost fan interest for next season I would imagine, regardless of initial performance.

I think the organization understands very well that they cannot afford to have another bad year this is a very fickle market.

Dorion has mentioned the fans quite a few times already, I don't think it's just mannerisms either.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I mean... isn't Babcock getting 6 million and then next closest is at 3 million?

I understand Julien is a winner but nobody has the credentials that Babcock does. Why would you openly say "yeah we'll pay the guy a lot of money"?

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Melnyk doesn't seem to have belief in spending on a experienced coach is worth while...

Interesting quote by him when he mentioned on 1200 if we were to pay 4M for a coach we would have to detract from a 5M Player on the ice...

Not liking the sounds of this ... cannibalizing the on ice product would be disastrous

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Haven't been listening to any of the interviews today...so Melnyk is giving different networks contrasting answers on the Coaching salary question???

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Screw Melnyk if he's the guy that will keep us from getting a coach like Claude Julien...

If that happens not one seat should be filled on opening night when Luke Richardson is behind the bench

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Goddammit I really wish EM would just shut the **** up...

He just doesn't realize how much more harm than good he causes everytime he opens his damn mouth.

If we don't hire the best coach available as per Dorions explicitly clear comments today, I'm going to be beyond livid.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
I have faith in Dorion when he says we will take the best coach available. And ill stand by that until he proves me otherwise.

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Just when you start getting a little optimistic and think the team may be moving in a positive direction....Eugene steps in. The day he sells will be a fantastic day for this city. I honestly think we might get a Eugene sells parade before a Stanley Cup parade.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Another interesting Timbit to Melnyks interview: he wasn't willing to bring in an outside hockey voice to do a full audit of the Senators hockey ops Organization OVER $200K ... + doesn't have anyone else but BM to consult with on hockey issues

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
My hopes for a good experienced coach just went out the window. **** you Melnyk.

Last edited:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Goddammit I really wish EM would just shut the **** up...

He just doesn't realize how much more harm than good he causes everytime he opens his damn mouth.

If we don't hire the best coach available as per Dorions explicitly clear comments today, I'm going to be beyond livid.

I think some fans have such a hate on for him they don't even listen to what he said.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is anyone going to provide actual quotes? Did he say he wasn't willing to pay Babcock type dollars or something? That would be a pretty reasonable stance imo. Babcock dollars are just silly.

I'm not really inclined to believe anything from Senschirp as its become a real dumpster fire.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
My hopes for a good experienced coach just went out the window. **** you Melnyk.

Well i guess we just have to live with a coach like Boucher/Yeo and a most likely another playoff miss.

Suck it Melnyk. Hope you enjoy not getting playoff revenue for two years in a row. Maybe then you will be able to understand why we suck, but i doubt it.

Really he said they will spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad