Confirmed with Link: Dave Cameron Fired (along with Tourigny, Wamsley) (starts at post 208)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Melynk spent so much money on coaches to not coach over the years an yall are mad this guy doesn't spend ? Now that's the definition of a baller as far as I'm concerned.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
This just in Ottawa senators fans are mad that the owner wouldn't spend 5 million on a coach. I mean what kind of business man doesn't spend 100x more than the rest of the league minus 1 team on a coach ?

When did this discussion get manipulated to the point where some people think that every single poster unhappy with Melnyk's interview wants him to back the brinks truck up and give a coach Babcock money. I don't realistically expect Julien or another qualified coach to demand Babcock money and I never expected us to give a new coach Babcock money. I just want us to put that extra effort in to secure a coach that can give us a bright future. I think many other posters are of the same opinion and Melnyk's contrasting answers have put a seed of doubt in many people's mind.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
The question posed to Melnyk wasn't Would you pay 5M ....it was 3.5M TO 4.5M for a coach...and then HE said we would have to detract a 5M player to get that type of coach

I get what you're saying but no coaches are making 3.5 other than Babcock. Claude himself is only making 2.5 right now and he signed that contract after already winning the cup. 2 Years of missing the playoffs and being fired there after isn't a recipe for a 2M raise

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Wow, people *****ing and whining about something that may or may not happen. How about we wait, oh I dunno, a little more than a few hours before jumping off the cliff?

This place!

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
When did this discussion get manipulated to the point where some people think that every single poster unhappy with Melnyk's interview wants him to back the brinks truck up and give a coach Babcock money. I don't realistically expect Julien or another qualified coach to demand Babcock money and I never expected us to give a new coach Babcock money. I just want us to put that extra effort in to secure a coach that can give us a bright future. I think many other posters are of the same opinion and Melnyk's contrasting answers have put a seed of doubt in many people's mind.

This just in A lot, but not all Ottawa Senators fans are mad Melynk won't spend 5 million on a coach.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
This just in A lot, but not all Ottawa Senators fans are mad Melynk won't spend 5 million on a coach.

The issue isn't 5 million, the issue is how committed Melnyk is to securing an elite coach. The 5 million is a red herring.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
So we trade Lehner because he and R.W. didn't get along only to end up firing R.W.

Someone should make a list of players and coaches B.M. Extended/signed only to buy out/fire.

For a budget team, Ottawa enjoys paying for people to not work for them.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
WOW It's over guys I guess it's gonna be Luke.

But seriously remember when everyone was worried a team was going to snatch up Luke ?

I know right, and what ever happened to Kleinendorst?

So we trade Lehner because he and R.W. didn't get along only to end up firing R.W.

Someone should make a list of players and coaches B.M. Extended/signed only to buy out/fire.

Your forgetting we traded Bishop to keep Lehner

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

There were a LOT more people that didn't get along with Lehner than Wamsley. He was just the one that Murray could mention.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Just as an outsider, isn't it nearly impossible for things to change in Ottawa if Melnyk isn't willing to stop pinching pennies on the payroll?

It just seems like the root of this problem is the only piece that is sticking around.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The question posed to Melnyk wasn't Would you pay 5M ....it was 3.5M TO 4.5M for a coach...and then HE said we would have to detract a 5M player to get that type of coach

It was 4.5-5M .... Not 3.5 to 4.5

Listen again.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Honestly I've just listened to the Melnyk interview with TSN 1200 and people are going ape **** for absolutely nothing.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Isn't Babcock making 7 mill?

What does Quenville make? If he doesn't make 7 mil now, he's going to on his next deal.

A guy like Julien would have to be at least $4 mil, wouldn't he?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Just as an outsider, isn't it nearly impossible for things to change in Ottawa if Melnyk isn't willing to stop pinching pennies on the payroll?

It just seems like the root of this problem is the only piece that is sticking around.

It's certainly A problem but it's not THE problem. Far bigger issues was how we spent money (nearly 10M on guys who couldn't even hack in the league, Greening, Cowen and Wiercioch) and our league worst coaching staff. It can't really be emphasized enough how bad the special teams were. We spent middle of the pack, not like we were the cheapest roster in the league or anything.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

Ultimately....probably, yes. Not impossible, just a huge obstacle.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
It's certainly A problem but it's not THE problem. Far bigger issues was how we spent money (nearly 10M on guys who couldn't even hack in the league, Greening, Cowen and Wiercioch) and our league worst coaching staff. It can't really be emphasized enough how bad the special teams were. We spent middle of the pack, not like we were the cheapest roster in the league or anything.

Ultimately....probably, yes. Not impossible, just a huge obstacle.

Huh, okay I see.

If the team loses Hoffman in the offseason I guess it becomes much more of an issue.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Isn't Babcock making 7 mill?

What does Quenville make? If he doesn't make 7 mil now, he's going to on his next deal.

A guy like Julien would have to be at least $4 mil, wouldn't he?
He signed an 8 year 50M contract last summer IIRC. It's not just the dollars, it's the term that is completely bonkers.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Honestly I've just listened to the Melnyk interview with TSN 1200 and people are going ape **** for absolutely nothing.

SERIOUSLY.

Other than the out of context quotes that social media and posters are spouting out, Melny said that he's "willing to pony up" for a "long-term" coach.

So... Calm your boobies.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
My beef with Melnyk is not the coach comments, but rather that anyone, including Karlsson, can be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad