Value of: Dante Fabbro

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So, uh, what are the chances that Fabbro is still available? Any interest in a draft pick from St. Louis?
Wait, didn't St.Louis just add Broberg? I know Fabbro might more ideally fit the RD slot, but aren't there enough bodies on hand in STL now?

I don't think the Preds would trade him for a draft pick. Even though the organization doesn't seem to recognize him for his strengths and potential, and are relegating him to a lower role than his abilities merit, the bottom line is the team is still trying to compete in the present tense. And only has Carrier and Schenn as the other natural RD on the roster atm. So they won't trade him for just a pick or prospect. Even while utilizing him below his abilities, he's still valuable to the team as an experienced NHL RD. They might be happy to (in their minds) "upgrade" on him with a more physical/veteran RD. But they won't just kick him to the curb for a prospect/pick. :dunno:

Reactions: Soundgarden

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Wait, didn't St.Louis just add Broberg? I know Fabbro might more ideally fit the RD slot, but aren't there enough bodies on hand in STL now?

I don't think the Preds would trade him for a draft pick. Even though the organization doesn't seem to recognize him for his strengths and potential, and are relegating him to a lower role than his abilities merit, the bottom line is the team is still trying to compete in the present tense. And only has Carrier and Schenn as the other natural RD on the roster atm. So they won't trade him for just a pick or prospect. Even while utilizing him below his abilities, he's still valuable to the team as an experienced NHL RD. They might be happy to (in their minds) "upgrade" on him with a more physical/veteran RD. But they won't just kick him to the curb for a prospect/pick. :dunno:
Yes, I'm an Oiler fan, inquiring about the availability of Fabbro for one of the picks we just got from the Blues from the Holloway and Broberg offer sheets. I just know there was talk about him being available earlier in the summer. We don't have an upgrade, as we would be looking at him as an upgrade ourselves. Completely fair if the Predators want to keep him.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yes, I'm an Oiler fan, inquiring about the availability of Fabbro for one of the picks we just got from the Blues from the Holloway and Broberg offer sheets. I just know there was talk about him being available earlier in the summer. We don't have an upgrade, as we would be looking at him as an upgrade ourselves. Completely fair if the Predators want to keep him.
Ah ok, for the Oilers. :thumbu:

I don't really think the Preds "want to keep him". They don't seem to appreciate him, and are definitely holding him back. But at the same time, the Preds just don't have another option atm. So that's the complication.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I don't really think the Preds "want to keep him". They don't seem to appreciate him, and are definitely holding him back. But at the same time, the Preds just don't have another option atm. So that's the complication.
That is a complication, especially with them loading up this summer and wanting to be more competitive. Teams looking to make a charge don't typically trade players for futures. Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Given the Preds very much look like a team in the playoff hunt, if you're trading Fabbro, I'd strongly assume it's for a roster player you'd want to suit up the following game.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Fabbro is being healthy scratched tonight and has had some trade rumors surrounding him. What does everyone think he's worth?

The more things change...

Fabbro a HS again as Nashville looks to reverse their slide. At the same time the Oilers need someone who can credibly play top four minutes at the NHL level. It may not happen right away as Edmonton probably wants to accrue more cap space, but this is such a good fit on paper. What could both teams do to make this happen sooner?

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Fabbro a HS again as Nashville looks to reverse their slide. At the same time the Oilers need someone who can credibly play top four minutes at the NHL level. It may not happen right away as Edmonton probably wants to accrue more cap space, but this is such a good fit on paper. What could both teams do to make this happen sooner?
The Sens also look like a good fit.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

I think this needs to happen for Fabbro's own sake. I understand he has his family ties and likes being in Nashville, but it's killing his career. I have no idea what issue the coaching staff or management have with him, we watch him and it looks to me like he's objectively a better hockey player than any of Lauzon, Carrier, and certainly Schenn. But he's the first guy to get his minutes slashed, or again now sent to the pressbox. It's just time for him to move on. The Preds finally got a win with Del Gaizo in the lineup, so there's no chance Fabbro is getting back in anytime soon, even though he's a better player and better lineup fit in terms of handedness.

I can't figure out what it is. Maybe something about his personality or off-ice work habits, there's just something about Fabbro which hasn't meshed with successive head coaches now. Or maybe there's just some grudge about him "not paying his dues in the minors" like other players have had to? It's definitely not about his play on the ice. He should be at least #4 on the Preds depth chart. I would argue for #3, but it's at least debatable between him and Carrier, although I personally like Fabbro better.

He'll be a UFA after this season, but he really needs to go somewhere else and play and prove his worth even before that. If the Preds are willing to use Del Gaizo ahead of him, then they'll be just as well off using Stastney if he comes back, or calling up Blankenburg, etc. There's not even depth/spare value to holding onto Fabbro now, if they're simply not going to play him and value minor leaguers ahead of him. Trading him for a 7th round pick or just putting him on waivers would be a kindness which I would support as a Preds fan.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I think this needs to happen for Fabbro's own sake. I understand he has his family ties and likes being in Nashville, but it's killing his career. I have no idea what issue the coaching staff or management have with him, we watch him and it looks to me like he's objectively a better hockey player than any of Lauzon, Carrier, and certainly Schenn. But he's the first guy to get his minutes slashed, or again now sent to the pressbox. It's just time for him to move on. The Preds finally got a win with Del Gaizo in the lineup, so there's no chance Fabbro is getting back in anytime soon, even though he's a better player and better lineup fit in terms of handedness.

I can't figure out what it is. Maybe something about his personality or off-ice work habits, there's just something about Fabbro which hasn't meshed with successive head coaches now. Or maybe there's just some grudge about him "not paying his dues in the minors" like other players have had to? It's definitely not about his play on the ice. He should be at least #4 on the Preds depth chart. I would argue for #3, but it's at least debatable between him and Carrier, although I personally like Fabbro better.

He'll be a UFA after this season, but he really needs to go somewhere else and play and prove his worth. If the Preds are willing to use Del Gaizo ahead of him, then they'll be just as well off using Stastney if he comes back, or calling up Blankenburg, etc. There's not even depth/spare value to holding onto Fabbro now, if they're simply not going to play him and value minor leaguers ahead of him. Trading him for a 7th round pick or just putting him on waivers would be a kindness which I would support as a Preds fan.
I offer jbd and Florida's 3rd at the deadline for Fabbro.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I offer jbd and Florida's 3rd at the deadline for Fabbro.
Done, but I'd rather not wait until the deadline. For Fabbro's sake.

I'm not sure what math says the Preds aren't a shade over the Cap right now after calling up L'Heureux and Del Gaizo and not putting anybody on IR. Maybe they are letting them have the Johansen space or Trotz is just going ahead like Briere is and taking it for granted that the contract was terminated, until/unless such time as the grievance changes things? But anyway, since I'm being the GM in this post, and my primary objective is being kind to Fabbro, I won't mind using up our last retention slot as an additional gesture of kindness, if that's why you need to wait until the TDL. :)

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Done, but I'd rather not wait until the deadline. For Fabbro's sake.

I'm not sure what math says the Preds aren't a shade over the Cap right now after calling up L'Heureux and Del Gaizo and not putting anybody on IR. Maybe they are letting them have the Johansen space or Trotz is just going ahead like Briere is and taking it for granted that the contract was terminated, until/unless such time as the grievance changes things? But anyway, since I'm being the GM in this post, and my primary objective is being kind to Fabbro, I won't mind using up our last retention slot as an additional gesture of kindness, if that's why you need to wait until the TDL. :)
Well I only say deadline since that's when Sens will accrue enough cap space, besides I'm not sure if the Sens will necessarily make the playoffs either. If they are on track to during the deadline and the Preds aren't, this will be a good trade imho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad