Value of: Dante Fabbro

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So, uh, what are the chances that Fabbro is still available? Any interest in a draft pick from St. Louis?
Wait, didn't St.Louis just add Broberg? I know Fabbro might more ideally fit the RD slot, but aren't there enough bodies on hand in STL now?

I don't think the Preds would trade him for a draft pick. Even though the organization doesn't seem to recognize him for his strengths and potential, and are relegating him to a lower role than his abilities merit, the bottom line is the team is still trying to compete in the present tense. And only has Carrier and Schenn as the other natural RD on the roster atm. So they won't trade him for just a pick or prospect. Even while utilizing him below his abilities, he's still valuable to the team as an experienced NHL RD. They might be happy to (in their minds) "upgrade" on him with a more physical/veteran RD. But they won't just kick him to the curb for a prospect/pick. :dunno:

Reactions: Soundgarden

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Wait, didn't St.Louis just add Broberg? I know Fabbro might more ideally fit the RD slot, but aren't there enough bodies on hand in STL now?

I don't think the Preds would trade him for a draft pick. Even though the organization doesn't seem to recognize him for his strengths and potential, and are relegating him to a lower role than his abilities merit, the bottom line is the team is still trying to compete in the present tense. And only has Carrier and Schenn as the other natural RD on the roster atm. So they won't trade him for just a pick or prospect. Even while utilizing him below his abilities, he's still valuable to the team as an experienced NHL RD. They might be happy to (in their minds) "upgrade" on him with a more physical/veteran RD. But they won't just kick him to the curb for a prospect/pick. :dunno:
Yes, I'm an Oiler fan, inquiring about the availability of Fabbro for one of the picks we just got from the Blues from the Holloway and Broberg offer sheets. I just know there was talk about him being available earlier in the summer. We don't have an upgrade, as we would be looking at him as an upgrade ourselves. Completely fair if the Predators want to keep him.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yes, I'm an Oiler fan, inquiring about the availability of Fabbro for one of the picks we just got from the Blues from the Holloway and Broberg offer sheets. I just know there was talk about him being available earlier in the summer. We don't have an upgrade, as we would be looking at him as an upgrade ourselves. Completely fair if the Predators want to keep him.
Ah ok, for the Oilers. :thumbu:

I don't really think the Preds "want to keep him". They don't seem to appreciate him, and are definitely holding him back. But at the same time, the Preds just don't have another option atm. So that's the complication.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I don't really think the Preds "want to keep him". They don't seem to appreciate him, and are definitely holding him back. But at the same time, the Preds just don't have another option atm. So that's the complication.
That is a complication, especially with them loading up this summer and wanting to be more competitive. Teams looking to make a charge don't typically trade players for futures. Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Given the Preds very much look like a team in the playoff hunt, if you're trading Fabbro, I'd strongly assume it's for a roster player you'd want to suit up the following game.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad