Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hope so. Hope he actually f***ing plays next year.

Anybody have a comp for him?
From scouting reports I’ve read, I’ve seen Troy Terry, Nazem Kadri, and Petterson. I guess it’s the elite brain and puck skills combination that most people are seeing as his defining qualities. I see more of a good sized skilled Forward. Looks like Buchnevich to me.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
That's a lazy comparison and doesn't take into account Kucherov did it at a younger age. I have heard Kadri comparisons.
Most people didn't see Kucherov in Kucherov (hence why he went 58th overall), tough to see Kucherov in Yurov...
It’s completely numbers based without taking kucherovs age into it and I mentioned I haven’t watched enough film on him yet.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
kucherov had 58 points in 41 mhl games his draft season, yurov had 36 points in 23 games his draft season. kaprizov really didn't play mhl his draft season so very hard to compare. prior draft season scored 34 points in 51 mhl games i believe. bottom line really alot to like about yurov's scoring ability. hopefully yurov can be a stud RW sniper as good as if not better than boldy! spare me any prospect can bust speech. im just excited.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
kucherov had 58 points in 41 mhl games his draft season, yurov had 36 points in 23 games his draft season. kaprizov really didn't play mhl his draft season so very hard to compare. prior draft season scored 34 points in 51 mhl games i believe. bottom line really alot to like about yurov's scoring ability. hopefully yurov can be a stud RW sniper as good as if not better than boldy! spare me any prospect can bust speech. im just excited.
Werent you the one saying this earlier?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
By all means, be excited...I like the pick too, but Boldy is FAR higher than Yurov's potential floor as a prospect is my only point.

Boldy went 12oa in a very good draft, and actually that was him falling a bit further than expected. Boldy was higher than Yurov's potential floor even then. Now that he's showing that he's on his way to be closer to his ceiling? Yurov's potential floor is far lower than Boldy.

The point is, if his floor was Boldy, he'd be a surefire homerun pick at this point. He's not.

His floor is Yakupov.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
By all means, be excited...I like the pick too, but Boldy is FAR higher than Yurov's potential floor as a prospect is my only point.

Boldy went 12oa in a very good draft, and actually that was him falling a bit further than expected. Boldy was higher than Yurov's potential floor even then. Now that he's showing that he's on his way to be closer to his ceiling? Yurov's potential floor is far lower than Boldy.

The point is, if his floor was Boldy, he'd be a surefire homerun pick at this point. He's not.

His floor is Yakupov.
Y’all need to cool your jets with Boldy. Let’s see how he does away from Fiala.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
nobody can predict how good a prospect will be however imo yurov is the most exciting pick since kaprizov. i think boldy will be a 30G scorer and i think yurov has that potential. i was wrong about sokolov , i was right about kaprizov. who really knows , im just amped!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
nice start i'll be hoping for close to or similar #'s to kaprizov draft plus 1 so anything close to 53gms 11G 16A 27 points will be awesome! so far 4 gms 1G 2A

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well im hoping for better than buchnevich meaning i want 30G way sooner than it took buchnevich. his D1 khl was 40 gms 7G 11A 18 points. it took him 9 yrs (i believe) to reach 30G. also he was drafted 3rd rnd 75th shouldn't i have higher expectations?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If he puts up 0.45 PPG in KHL this year and turns into a Buchnevich type for us, that is a resounding success. It’s not like we drafted him in the Top 5 or even in the lottery

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Yurov is Buchnevich I’ve got wood
Really? He was pretty ordinary till last season, when he was 26 yo. I would hope that a 1st rounder like Yurov, and one who was considered to have top 10 talent in his draft year, would have a higher ceiling than a 3rd rounder.

I am expecting more from Yurov. By most reports he is a very smart, well rounded player, as well as having offensive talent. I don't think you could say the same of Buch when he was younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad