Post-Game Talk: Dallas wins and my schwartz watch quit again...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
What's crazy is that Skinner is only 2nd under to 1st place Georgiev from Colorado in terms of which goalies have been sucking major ass this season.
Wheres the posters mocking me about Stu Skinner today. Probably not posting. I don't blame him for the loss. He's just a very ordinary starter. Really he shouldn't be a starter.

Kind of pisses me off because of how poorly prepared Skinner is to start seasons that we're behind the 8 ball again.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
McDavid f***ing sucked this game and it's annoying to see.
Is it annoying though?

Gives you something to complain about and you seem to thrive on that.

Wheres the posters mocking me about Stu Skinner today. Probably not posting. I don't blame him for the loss. He's just a very ordinary starter. Really he shouldn't be a starter.

Kind of pisses me off because of how poorly prepared Skinner is to start seasons that we're behind the 8 ball again.
Ordinary starter?

No, hes a very bad starter.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I was always kinda intrigued by Stolarz, kinda lame he never got any real run way here, we had to give Mikko Koskinen 50393838 chances instead.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Just hire Quenneville and get it over with
I don't think coaching was the problem today. Facing the Stars and Ott was.

If I had one thing for the team to look at is how the stars move puck around into scoring chances when they do pressure Ozone. they score kind of like the Islanders did, but without the cups...When Dallas runs dry they can't score to save lives. When they get one they usually get a bunch in a row. The counter, the Ozone pressure is a lot like Al Arbour hockey.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Exactly. Getting real tired of hearing his 'yeah, i've been doing stuff like meditating, reading books, and i thought i played well enough' post game yap. How about make saves and be the better goalie compared to your opponent more, why don't you.

Reactions: iCanada

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Exactly. Getting real tired of hearing his 'yeah, i've been doing stuff like meditating, reading books, and i thought i played well enough' post game yap. How about make saves and be the better goalie compared to your opponent more, why don't you.
They had 2 1/2 periods to muster some offense and they couldn't do it until garbage time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Look man, he owns. Just look at his cool charm bravado in the California Closets ads. You gotta love him right. noooooo

f***ing charmed life he leads.

• Haha
Reactions: iCanada and McAsuno

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not really.

Those St Louis players havent been doing much besides getting dominated in chances and having a goalie bail them out.
Holloway looks about the same. Having a hard time finding chances like Regular Season Oilers version of Holloway. Broberg is good, watch a game, don't rely on team stats in short sample sizes.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Oilers will make playoffs. Don't know what they do once they get there. We need some more grit in lineup. Game today sure it looked like we were running the stars but I think physically their battle on pucks was prevailing. We were winning all the faceoffs until Nuge gets beat clean on the first goal. That can't happen.
How dare he be 11-2 on the for after that, especially when anything over 50% means you're having a good day 🙄 Skinner stops a puck that 90% of nhl goaltender would stop and no one even notices that he lost that draw.

Reactions: iCanada

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
They had 2 1/2 periods to muster some offense and they couldn't do it until garbage time.

Of course, but that's more so on Oettinger being a brick wall. Can we say the same thing often for Skinner? He's been the 2nd best goalie on a frequent basis. Sometimes the goalies need to steal the game if the team in front can't push for goals. Oettinger did that today. Skinner? Sport another shit save % but at least his mustache and long ass hair are intact.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
How dare he be 11-2 on the for after that, especially when anything over 50% means you're having a good day 🙄 Skinner stops a puck that 90% of nhl goaltender would stop and no one even notices that he lost that draw.
Next time in English. Wut?

Trying to parse what you're saying but Duchene with a really good shot is parked in the slot wide open with all kinds of time to bend shaft and whip a howitzer wherever he likes. That was a goal Skinner ain't stopping. Agreed there. But Nuge losing an ownzone shorthanded draw clean is what makes the play. You tie up in that situation, you know, like the game depends on it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Of course, but that's more so on Oettinger being a brick wall. Can we say the same thing often for Skinner? He's been the 2nd best goalie on a frequent basis. Sometimes the goalies need to steal the game if the team in front can't push for goals. Oettinger did that today. Skinner? Sport another shit save % but at least his mustache and long ass hair are intact.
He's not unbeatable. We proved that in the playoffs. Scoring one goal isn't going to win you a hockey game.

Where's the offense for this team? How are we DFL in GF?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

He's a 2.6 million dollar goalie and he basically plays like it (middle/lower end of the pack depending on which goaltending metric you look at).

Think people expecting him to blossom into some big ticket starter are seeing that fizzle out. If he's gonna take a big step in his game it should be happening now, that game defensively overall the Oilers play quite well, not perfect but not team does that.

If you are what you say you are (a big time goalie) then that's the kind of game you step up to the plate and make a few game altering saves.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Holloway looks about the same. Having a hard time finding chances like Regular Season Oilers version of Holloway. Broberg is good, watch a game, don't rely on team stats in short sample sizes.
I have watched a game.

I watched him turn the puck over consistently.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He's not unbeatable. We proved that in the playoffs. Scoring one goal isn't going to win you a hockey game.

Where's the offense for this team? How are we DFL in GF?

Of course he's not unbeatable, but he's still a better goalie compared to Skinner.
Don't ask me that question. Ask the coaching staff.

Hey guys. We need wingers for Draisaitl so he doesn't have to be loaded up with McDavid!
-signs proven NHL scoring wingers in both Arvidsson and Skinner-
-plays the trio only once in the preseason-
-goes back to McDrai load up early into the regular season-
= success?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Anybody who thinks officiating cost us this game is delusional. Skinner was bad and the forwards were even worse. They couldn’t score again and worse offered no defensive support. These guys need to figure out how big they want that hole they need to climb out to get before they start taking hockey seriously again.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have watched a game.

I watched him turn the puck over consistently.
I didn't. Watched him make calm, smart plays with ease one after the other. Key word being "with ease", which means there's so much potential there as he tries more things. Also saw him consistently get trucked like usual, but he seems to handle it well with his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad