Post-Game Talk: Dallas wins and my schwartz watch quit again...

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The power play, 0-for-2 on Saturday and 1-for-15 on the season, continues to be a major f***ing problem.
It's time to remove Nuge (who doesn't ever want to shoot) and replace him with Arvidsson or Jeff Skinner.

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Evan Bouchard has been a massive disappointment so far. Bobbling the puck like crazy, point shots getting blocked most of the time, no real contributions to speak of.

Like most of our key players, he stinks to start every single season. Any player that grew up in the Oilers system stinks to start every single season.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Evan Bouchard has been a massive disappointment so far. Bobbling the puck like crazy, point shots getting blocked most of the time, no real contributions to speak of.
Showing to be the player many of us thought he was. Garbage. Better for the Oilers to see this now before they foolishly back up the money truck for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Defensively I think 5 on 5 our game is coming so at least that's a positive, I think that's only 3 ES goals against in 3 games I believe and one of those goals was Ekholm putting the puck in his own net. If we can continue that, success will come.

The special teams are just hot ass right now, not in sync at all, it's cost us at least 3-4 points this year.

Is what it is, wouldn't be an Oilers season without a stretch of total shit play either right to start the season or leading into Christmas, one or the other.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Wasted a great road game. Bad Stetcher penalty flipped the switch in a tight game. Special team now changed to Whelp teams with their futility the determinant in this game - now power in power play and no kill in penalty kill.

Hard to win games with one goal. Break up the Stack Five and look to drive offensive production through the quality depth scoring this management group prioritized in the summer.

This was a winnable game. I actually see a fair bit of positives with this team's effort and control of play until the late second period penalty switched the switch.

Reactions: TB12 and Ibanez

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
The biggest problem, like last year's start, is between the ears.

Fans will come up with whatever excuses suit their narrative, but this one is the ticket
Couldn’t agree more. McDavid is still McDavid. But this is the worst I think I’ve ever seen him play….

Sad to watch at the moment.

Shooting pct will regress and so will the PP. but how soon will that be and how much of a hole will we need to dig out of?

Reactions: Oilhawks

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Some good chances for the Oilers but nobody is able to pick the corners on Otter. Too many shots in his bread basket.

Second best goalie in the matinee performance again belonged to the Oilers. Stu isn't going to steal too many for you so best to bury a few more chances. PP looks like a corpse.

Stars were fired up....you knew that was coming.

Reactions: TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The power play, 0-for-2 on Saturday and 1-for-15 on the season, continues to be a major f***ing problem.
It's time to remove Nuge (who doesn't ever want to shoot) and replace him with Arvidsson or Jeff Skinner.

Skinner is about our only forward that thinks shoot 1st, 2nd and 3rd. He needs to be leveraged to drag our fancy Dan players back to reality in terms of what needs to happen to produce goals.

I am dead certain that flipping him on the PP for Nuge would instantly change the look for the better because we would actually have one solitary player that thinks about skating towards the net and shooting to the net as a primary option off the wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad