Pre-Game Talk: Dallas Stars vs Toronto Maple Leafs @ Scotia Bank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Keefe needs to start playing the kids. They are hungry and its his job to teach and grow them. This team looks old and a bit uninspired.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Keefe needs to start playing the kids. They are hungry and its his job to teach and grow them. This team looks old and a bit uninspired.
Leafs are old. They're currently listed as the 4th oldest.

Playing the kids should inject some enthusiasm and energy into the line-up.

Robertson made the team in camp... Only Cap management prevented him from playing in the NHL.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Oh god if Marchement has a game against the Leafs this board might break.
Hmm... Marchment has games against EVERY TEAM(!) He is one of the best players in the league as we speak. Does it all, and check his stats. He has been a point per game player since moving to florida. And now in dallas. He scores a point in every game he plays, thats elite. So if a leaf board is to be broken when marchment has a game, y'all better get ready already. Cause it happens in every nhl game he plays.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Robertson made the team in camp... Only Cap management prevented him from playing in the NHL.
I guess the "learning how to win" bs no longer applies.
Older, broken down, and poorly managed and coached

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I guess the "learning how to win" bs no longer applies.
Older, broken down, and poorly managed and coached

From one of the youngest most talented teams to a threadbare 4th oldest dumpster diving franchise. No wonder a lot of people are fed up. Watching the Sens young guns made me wish old this was just a bad dream.

2016 should have been the start of glory for this franchise we had so many up and coming players. Too many wrong moves at the wrong time.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That was filthy lol

Don’t worry, denis “Malkin” can top that if he draws into the lineup. I’m thinking between the legs or a Michigan :sarcasm:

Marchment also scored another goal that game on the PP, and leads Dallas in scoring after 3 games with 3-2-5 points,

Just thought that highlight alone made the point, that he was preceived as nothing more than a 4th line goon in Toronto, but has turned into quite a hockey player instead.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Did you see his goal the other night?

Mason Marchment Undresses Roman Josi Before Sniping Home His First Goal With Dallas

I would legit rip my ears off if I had to listen to that play by play.
And watch Malgin one up the MM goal.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hmm... Marchment has games against EVERY TEAM(!) He is one of the best players in the league as we speak. Does it all, and check his stats. He has been a point per game player since moving to florida. And now in dallas. He scores a point in every game he plays, thats elite. So if a leaf board is to be broken when marchment has a game, y'all better get ready already. Cause it happens in every nhl game he plays.
There is so much wrong with this post

Reactions: Nhlpowerweek

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Okay
And no he isn't one of the best players in the league. He's been held scoreless in 51 games in his career so he doesn't score a point in every game.

Marchment has got 63 points in 94 games, pretty small sample size but the guy can play. He’s already showing early in Dallas that he’s legit and his time in Florida wasn’t an anaomly. Is he one of the best? No but he’s def not a slouch. He’s just hitting his stride.

We can’t dwell on it, it’s been a few years now, but Toronto shit the bed on him. He’s exactly what we need but we couldn’t develop him. Toronto isn’t exclusive in this regard, many teams make poor judgements on players or move on from them too early. It happens, oh well.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Marchment has got 63 points in 94 games, pretty small sample size but the guy can play. He’s already showing early in Dallas that he’s legit and his time in Florida wasn’t an anaomly. Is he one of the best? No but he’s def not a slouch. He’s just hitting his stride.

We can’t dwell on it, it’s been a few years now, but Toronto shit the bed on him. He’s exactly what we need but we couldn’t develop him. Toronto isn’t exclusive in this regard, many teams make poor judgements on players or move on from them too early. It happens, oh well.
And I meant and wrote that he has point per game in Florida and dallas. Not early on on his poor start. Now he is elite and kills everything he touches or even looks at. Dallas got their best player and he is playing the real game there. Other players in dallas just look up to him and his produktion. We might definitely win the game, but we or no other team cannot keep marchent out of the score board. He does it every time. Even multi points. He that elite.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
In this current cap world 4.5 is probably a little bit much for Marchment, but it’s still a shame he didn’t make it with the Leafs.
Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but there were a lot of people on this board that didn't agree with the decision to give up on him so soon, myself included.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario

The Leafs should waive some of the deadweight players and allow some of the youngsters a chance to show what they got while gaining some experience, Being a Habs fan I wish that guys Like Hoffman would be waived and told to sit in the stands, they get paid regardless, and the Habs would benefit by allowing a couple of younger players the chance to play, also money should not be an issue for either team, I may be wrong but waiving some of the deadweight also creates some cap room? Besides do not tell Gord Stellick but his prediction of the leafs winning the cup this year is not looking good, as of today the team is not even in a wild card position. enjoy the Hockey season everyone

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but there were a lot of people on this board that didn't agree with the decision to give up on him so soon, myself included.
Personally I hated it, and was vocal right from the off.

I was told it was a "nothing burger" of a trade. Those exact words. There were people that disagreed with that assessment. And rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad