Value of: Dallas Stars potential fire sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Ok, which two do you think are useless?

Robertson
Hintz
Heiskanen
Lindell
Oettinger

So you've listed 5 players...that is not the flex you think it is. Honestly you kinda proved my point.

Robertson, Hintz, and Heiskanen are clearly the core players to move forward with. Lindell is a fine enough defenseman, but he's 27 and for a team that's not going anywhere, what are you doing with him? Oettinger is a good young goalie. I think Dallas can reasonably retain him if they want to. But again, if they enter a rebuild (which is where they're headed), having a good goalie kind of prevents you from getting the top picks at the draft.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Only so many 1sts to go around. I dont think Pavs gets one.
Every year it is the same story. I don’t think player X gets a 1st. Trade deadline comes and player X returns a 1st+. There will be teams that will deal 1st round picks this year. Pavelski will be one of the players if he is dealt. I don’t think Nill will move him as Nill wants to make the playoffs.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Every year it is the same story. I don’t think player X gets a 1st. Trade deadline comes and player X returns a 1st+. There will be teams that will deal 1st round picks this year. Pavelski will be one of the players if he is dealt. I don’t think Nill will move him as Nill wants to make the playoffs.
And every year multiple teams trade 1sts weeks before the deadline. Time will tell

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
UnrulyPlumpIberianmidwifetoad-max-1mb.gif

Anyways....:facepalm: :laugh:

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
absolutely he does. A 1st +. A guy like Pavelski can be the difference between winning, and losing, a series, or two.

Jagr fetched Dallas a 1st (conditional on an ECF appearance, I know) from Boston and he had no All Star numbers.

Pavelski and his current performance can easily fetch a non-conditional 1st should Nill make that demand.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jagr fetched Dallas a 1st (conditional on an ECF appearance, I know) from Boston and he had no All Star numbers.

Pavelski and his current performance can easily fetch a non-conditional 1st should Nill make that demand.

Well.....that's Jagr, though.

Nick Foligno, on the other hand, was traded for a 1st just last season. :laugh:

Agreed that Pavelski would warrant at least a 1st in return, provided Nill actually decides to move him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

The "non conditional" part of the deal wouldn't matter. No one who is in the lottery would would be trading for Pavelski. It would be teams looking to add a final piece for the playoffs, and likely not a fringe team, either. The pick would be in the 20's, or higher.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The "non conditional" part of the deal wouldn't matter. No one who is in the lottery would would be trading for Pavelski. It would be teams looking to add a final piece for the playoffs, and likely not a fringe team, either. The pick would be in the 20's, or higher.

I think he meant it would definitely be a 1st, and not just a 1st if they reach the semifinals or something.

There's "conditional picks" and then there's "lottery protected picks", which I agree we're not going to see in any deal for Pavelski.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he meant it would definitely be a 1st, and not just a 1st if they reach the semifinals or something.

There's "conditional picks" and then there's "lottery protected picks", which I agree we're not going to see in any deal for Pavelski.
ok, that's reasonable. A 1st plus a legit, but not blue chip prospect, would be my call. Maybe a clearer way to put it would be a 1st and a 2nd, or a 1st and a prospect who has the value of a 2nd right now.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
ok, that's reasonable. A 1st plus a legit, but not blue chip prospect, would be my call. Maybe a clearer way to put it would be a 1st and a 2nd, or a 1st and a prospect who has the value of a 2nd right now.

Seems likely.

Again though, this is all dependent on where Dallas stands by the trade deadline. Right now they're still only single-digit points out of a playoff spot, probably still too early for the GM to raise the white flag.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Seems likely.

Again though, this is all dependent on where Dallas stands by the trade deadline. Right now they're still only single-digit points out of a playoff spot, probably still too early for the GM to raise the white flag.

So you're saying, there's still a chance?? :sarcasm:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I hope Dallas keep and extend Pavelski

No reason that elite Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski line cant stay as one of the best lines in the league for ~2 more seasons. I think its better for jrob and hintz continued progression to keep a rounded skilled vet.

Tbh id actually like Pav to get the C. But unlikely.

Ttade Klingberg for a 1st and top prospect, trade radulov for a conditionsl 1st (hes worth a pick in the 25 to 32 range for a contender who gets to conf final stage)

Outside of that retool next season.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Flames send a 22' 2nd, 23' 4th, and Rory Kerins for Klingberg
Hard pass. David Savard costs 1st, 3rd, and 4th from Tampa and you think Klingberg will be cheaper? He is a much better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad