Value of: Dallas Stars potential fire sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
But other teams will, thats the point. And Pavelski> Strome.
Pavelski >>> Strome

Pavelski can also play RW, and might even be better there. Someone is going to pay a 1st in order to either A) outbid the rest or B) not have to play against him. Teams that need an offensive boost won't find much better out there. He might legitimately be the best all around forward available if Dallas goes that route.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Im fine if another team spends a 1st on him. I dont think the Rangers are really contenders this year. Pavelski wont change that.

This is a fair take, and kinda what I was thinking. Don't think the Rangers would bid as high as other teams who might be a bit more desperate or feel they can really contend with teams like Tampa or Florida

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
So Iginla is the closest comparable. He was traded 8 years ago. I wouldn't say the odds are in your favor.

What are the counter comparables then? Which players that produced mid to late in their 30s and were in a position to be dealt have for less recently?

I’m willing to be convinced of the alternative if you have anything other than a blanket dismissal.

Ledge And Dairy

When was the last time a GM gave up a 1st for a 37 year old rental?
This is such a bad take lol. Rental's age is pretty irrelevant. Age only matters when there is term since players slow down over time. Rentals aren't there long enough to slow down. You are buying the player for what they are exactly now. For example, Giordano is 38 and it is quite likely he returns a 1st at this Deadline

Reactions: Bfantz

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
I think Klingberg would be a good upgrade over Holl on the Leafs 2nd pair. Good PMD that gives Muzzin someone more reliable to work with and also has a strong playoff pedigree.

Something like Klingberg (50%) + Kiviranta for Holl/Dermott + 1st + Robertson?

I think I as a Stars fan would do that. I like Kiviranta, but in all honesty that one game he had in the playoffs was what got him his contract. Solid 4th liner but pretty interchangeable with some of the youngsters coming. I would love Robertson. Between Holl or Dermott who's the better of the two?

Ledge And Dairy

I think I as a Stars fan would do that. I like Kiviranta, but in all honesty that one game he had in the playoffs was what got him his contract. Solid 4th liner but pretty interchangeable with some of the youngsters coming. I would love Robertson. Between Holl or Dermott who's the better of the two?
IMO Holl vs Dermott is dependant on who Toronto would want to keep, Not Dallas' choice there

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Whats the deal with Radulov, is he hurt or just looking old?

Injuries?
He is in Covid protocol now. He looks fine on the ice. The Stars system is crap and sucks the life out of offense. He will go to another team and start making plays. Bowness has him on the 4th line with crap players.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Shame we're a lot deeper on the right than the left as otherwise Radulov would make a bunch of sense for the Pens.

Could see Holtby possibly being of interest too.

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
Are you serious?

He wasn't 37 but Foligno got more than a 1st last trade deadline as a pure rental and he's not half the player Pavelski is.
I also remember the package Pageau got from the Islanders and was shocked at the return for a 3C. Pavelski is one of the better rentals to hit the market in a long time. There are at least 6 teams I could see wanting in on that action, and I bet one of them would give a 1st plus when it's all said and done, even if it's to make sure someone else in their division doesn't get him.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Between Holl or Dermott who's the better of the two?

Dermott is younger and has upside while Holl has been regressing. I can see teams thinking Holl is a more enticing target because he's a righty and a bigger body but Dermott is shifty and a decent skater.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I think Klingberg would be a good upgrade over Holl on the Leafs 2nd pair. Good PMD that gives Muzzin someone more reliable to work with and also has a strong playoff pedigree.

Something like Klingberg (50%) + Kiviranta for Holl/Dermott + 1st + Robertson?

Retaining on Klingberg would block Dallas from retaining on Pavelski or Radulov trade. Seeing that Klingberg is the cheapest, retaining on his contract would need a more premium price.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
1st + Kaut or Bowers for Pavelski and Hakanpaa

Pavelski and Klingberg or Hakanpaa please and thank you

Stars just signed Hakanpaa to a long deal. Why the heck would they move him?
He is playing superb and is really cheap. His analytics are some of the best among this d-core.

And he sure as hell is not going as a side piece in a deal, which isn’t even enough for Pavelski alone.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Teams will be all over them if they decide they wanna blow it up.

Of course Klingberg we already know, but there are some really good pieces available here.

Someone is gonna get Radulov for a steal of a deal and he's gonna be great there. Stars system is killing the return they'll get on him and just watch he's suddenly gonna go back to normal when he's traded. He's still got it.
Radulov sounds like a player the Rangers would look at for top 9 role. What would be the cost? I know a lot of Rangers fans wouldn’t want him because of age but Drury has been looking for middle 9 option since October.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I could see the Caps being interested in both Holtby and Raffl, if Mantha continues to be on LTIR for the rest of the regular season. For Holtby I would trade Vitek Vanecek(RFA, 716k cap hit), instead of giving up a 3rd rounder. I would give a 4th rounder for Raffl.

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
Personally, I'd be curious if Toronto would move a combination of Robertson + Niemela/Liljegren + 1st for Klingberg 50% retained.

Reactions: Johno

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Pavelski to the Canes would be amazing. Might be what puts them over the hump to s Cup.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
It really is the perfect year for Dallas to do a re-tool.

Two elite rental options (Klingberg & Pavelski), a veteran forward (Radulov), a former Cup-winning goalie having a great season (Holtby) and a 3rd line / PK guy (Raffl) having a surprisingly good year.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad