Proposal: Dallas and Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not only that but a winger as mediocre as Nichuskin. And before Dallas fans get enraged, yes I know he's young and can improve.

While he's not amazing or anything yet, I'm not sure I'd describe him as mediocre. He shows some signs of a first line winger, and he's a decent third line winger at worst.

As for the proposal... What does this do for Dallas? Why does this make sense for us? Because I'm not seeing a good answer to either of these.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Yeah you've got this backwards. We're supposed to trade a right shot defenseman and a center for a RW.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Outside of goaltending where its a bit murky the Stars don't really need prospects. If Nichuskin is traded ( who is an NHL player even if there are doubts about his upside ) it would be to improve the roster now either in goal or on top2-4 defense not for prospects.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Nichushkin could be the answer for our first line. Kam and Dougherty have yet to play an nhl game. Of the three, nichushkin is the most valuable and we are in a win now mode with an old af goalie who's almost over the hill.

If I had of say kamenev for Nich then I would have been told I am low balling Dallas and that I don't represent Nashville fans lol.

Nichushkin is 6'4" and is not happy in Dallas from what I read due to his role. We need first line centre...
Plus with just having an entire draft basically dedicated to defense I don't think our defense prospect pool is that bare at all anymore. Fabbro, girard, allard, Harry, and still got carrier too

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Nichushkin could be the answer for our first line. Kam and Dougherty have yet to play an nhl game. Of the three, nichushkin is the most valuable and we are in a win now mode with an old af goalie who's almost over the hill.

If I had of say kamenev for Nich then I would have been told I am low balling Dallas and that I don't represent Nashville fans lol.

Nichushkin is 6'4" and is not happy in Dallas from what I read due to his role. We need first line centre...
Plus with just having an entire draft basically dedicated to defense I don't think our defense prospect pool is that bare at all anymore. Fabbro, girard, allard, Harry, and still got carrier too
We "need" a first line winger (and by "need" I mean "we don't have one but it really is more of a luxury at this point"), and if there was one involved in this deal, it would be easier to swallow trading one of our best prospects and one of our few defensive prospects close to being NHL ready. I'd rather see how Kamenev shakes out, as I'm not covinced he doesn't wind up the better player long-term.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Nuke is a winger.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

So instead of Fiala/Forsberg for an answer to our top line, and Kamanev as Fisher/Riberio's replacement, we'd now have Fiala/Forsberg and Nichushkin, who hasn't proven near enough for me, and nobody to replace both Fisher and Riberio.

I wouldn't do Kamenev straight up for Nichushkin.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So instead of Fiala/Forsberg for an answer to our top line, and Kamanev as Fisher/Riberio's replacement, we'd now have Fiala/Forsberg and Nichushkin, who hasn't proven near enough for me, and nobody to replace both Fisher and Riberio.

Hey man I am all for taking our time as our team is fairly young. But the problem is our goalie is old and declining rapidly. So unless we can get a better and younger goalie like now then we are in a win now mode and plain and simple a possible cup is better imo then what kamenev "could" be.
I have watched nichushkin play and he's first like material in the right position. In Dallas he's buried behind stud forwards.

Basically if we can't replace old man rinne then we are forced to be win now mode. But if we can then we are good to wait.
Here's to hoping for saros to be our saviour!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Hey man I am all for taking our time as our team is fairly young. But the problem is our goalie is old and declining rapidly. So unless we can get a better and younger goalie like now then we are in a win now mode and plain and simple a possible cup is better imo then what kamenev "could" be.
I have watched nichushkin play and he's first like material in the right position. In Dallas he's buried behind stud forwards.

Basically if we can't replace old man rinne then we are forced to be win now mode. But if we can then we are good to wait.

I don't see what Rinne declining has to do with getting a 3rd line winger.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

So why not make a proposal for goaltending.:laugh:

Goalie is the easiest position in the league to obtain, if Rinne falls off and plays below league average it'd be way easier and cheaper to find a replacement. I fully suspect Saros will be given a shot by the time Rinne is gone though.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Moving Nuke for futures makes no sense for Dallas. He is also happy here and will get an extended chance at top 6 minutes in Dallas this year

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So why not make a proposal for goaltending.:laugh:

Goalie is the easiest position in the league to obtain, if Rinne falls off and plays below league average it'd be way easier and cheaper to find a replacement. I fully suspect Saros will be given a shot by the time Rinne is gone though.

It's not easy to acquire a goalie that could take his team to a cup, it's actually very rare.
Andersen was traded to leafs for two very high picks and that was considered cheap because if they did not trade him they would have lost him or Gibson to Las Vegas.

I wish we had of traded rinne for a younger goalie instead of Weber for a younger defenseman personally....

Saros is a tad under 6', but I mean other goalies of that size have had great success in this league, so that's our biggest hope for sure, but rinne has two years left on contract and that's two more years older for rest of team.

Poile loves Pekka and he will ride out his contract unfortunately, plus no other teams would trade for a declining goalie that makes $7 million a season.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It's not easy to acquire a goalie that could take his team to a cup, it's actually very rare.
Andersen was traded to leafs for two very high picks and that was considered cheap because if they did not trade him they would have lost him or Gibson to Las Vegas.

I wish we had of traded rinne for a younger goalie instead of Weber for a younger defenseman personally....

Saros is a tad under 6', but I mean other goalies of that size have had great success in this league, so that's our biggest hope for sure, but rinne has two years left on contract and that's two more years older for rest of team.

Poile loves Pekka and he will ride out his contract unfortunately, plus no other teams would trade for a declining goalie that makes $7 million a season.

Yes, but the first half of the season Rinne was below league average, if he falters we can easily get an average goaltender without giving away one or more of our top 5 prospects.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

He plays in our top 6 and he'd easily be in yours. Get a clue.
He'd be fighting for the 6th spot with Wilson and Jarnkrok. Far from a sure thing.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nichuskin works much better in the top 6 than lower lines . Järnkrok very similar to Janmark for Dallas can easily switch to lower lines and not miss a beat .

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'm not comfortable moving Kamenev for anything, but a proven center under the age of 28, preferably under 25 who in a perfect situation would be locked up for years with a reasonable aav.

Idk if there are any even remotely available. Kadri and RNH comes to mind, but while both teams have young centers coming up, they might want to hold on to those guys and their experience until they feel comfortable with the kids

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars have a good number of young Centers and Defenseman but not that many Wingers. Think they'll hold on to Nichuskin unless they find someone better that would replace Sharp and Hemsky after next year .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad