Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Miro Heiskanen signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.45M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Miro is a guy you pay for and having him locked up 8 years is amazing for Stars. He is and will be the backbone of that defense. He actually plays defense, has great wheels and can chip in on offense.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
This is a good deal for both sides. Lot's of people showing their ignorance in this thread "He duznt get pointtzz!"

Heiskanen is an incredible young player. Will be a top ten Dman for the life of this contract. I would be really relieved as a Stars fan.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Dallas' next captain.

Only 21, amazing defensively. Will improve offensively (we saw his offensive output in the bubble to see his ceiling).

I think his peak years will be a 60 pt dman. With his defense first play, in his prime. Perfectly happy as a stars fan hes locked up long term.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dallas' next captain.

Only 21, amazing defensively. Will improve offensively (we saw his offensive output in the bubble to see his ceiling).

I think his peak years will be a 60 pt dman. With his defense first play, in his prime. Perfectly happy as a stars fan hes locked up long term.

No shot.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Heiskanen is better than Klingberg, and if someone gives klingberg 9m or more, they are going to hate it

My argument is solely based on Nill's leverage vs Klingberg and his agent's. Right now Nill has no leverage to offer anything besides market value, which could very well be $9M.

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
If Miro refused to come down even one dollar and the Stars refused to budge, how many teams would pass on him at 8.45M? If he went to the open market and all 32 teams started a bidding war, do you think he'd end up below 8.45? Below 9? 9.5? It's a fantastic deal now. It'll be a steal in short order.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Heiskanen is Lidstrom while Makar/Fox are Letang?

Holy overrating that’s one of the worst comparisons I’ve ever seen. Downright insulting to Lidstrom
Letang isn't that big of an insult if he was ever healthy he probably would have won some Norris trophies

Even old he is still dominant at times but young when he wasn't sidelined could control the game as well as malkin or Crosby

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Silly call to say no shot.

By age ~24 when Benn relinquishes his C, Miro will be at his peak physically, talent wise and maturity.

I see a Lidstrom type captain (not talent). Quietly spoken leader who people follow.
He’s gotta learn to fight before he will b captain lol

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I think most Stars fans are happy with this deal. I am. That is a lot of money, but they got some UFA years and I think by halfway through the deal he will appear underpaid.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think it’s a great deal for the stars. Wish I had this guy on my team locked up for that many years at thus price.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
A bit expensive for not being super dynamic but it could be a worse contract. I expected he'd get closer to 7.5.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Big $$ deal to an rfa for potential. Nobody does bridge contracts anymore?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Big $$ deal to an rfa for potential. Nobody does bridge contracts anymore?

Dubas set the tone. This is actually a much better contract than Matthews, Marner, Rantanen, Aho etc. They have 5yr contract with the same value. This eats up 8yrs.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Heiskanen signed a team friendly deal. Nice commitment.
Of course less taxes help a lot.
Taking capfriendly‘s income calculator and assuming 8.45 mil per year he makes 5.15 in Dallas compared to 3.95 in Toronto.

11 mil in Toronto would be 5,15 net income in Toronto.

I know, this calculator simplifies a lot, but it shows the direction and could explain the strange number.

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
Good deal for all - Heiskanen gets his money now, and the Stars get their best player locked up for 8 years. He has been their best player for the last 2 seasons (and it hasn't been that close). This is the Star's equivalent of locking in Austin Mathews, and yes Austin has outscored him in the regular season, but Miro has outscored Austin in the postseason (at a similar rate), and what matters more?

The doubters are understandable - young players typically fit the bell curve or expectations. But for those that have watched Miro - well he is on a whole different trajectory (yes, I have drunk this Kool-aid). With regards to leadership down the line, I don't see it yet but he is only 21 (and his English is getting better). He is highly competitive and is already an extremely good defensive d-man. His offense comes when he is put into a position to score, and not tasked with shutting down the other team's best players + during these last 2 years Dallas's defense has been all-league.

The talk about Klingberg getting $9 million is ridiculous. At the end of the day, Klingberg is a right-handed Yandle, or a Shattenkirk - someone who is put out there in offensive situations the vast majority of the time and is a defensive liability. He continues being a team guy, who signed a great prior deal for the team. Going into next year he is worth maybe 6. Being a good team guy + possible repayment for leaving money on the table last time I could see him getting as much as 7. But he is nowhere near as important to Dallas as Heiskanen or even as important as Lindell. When Dallas wins games over these last 3 years they win 2-1 or put another way they win by keeping the puck out of their net. The offset between the offense Klingberg creates and the goals he is on the ice for is not that great.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Makar and Fox's agents must salivating.

Honestly, he was incredible during their finals run a year ago and was going to get a bag of money. Smart move to lock him in at a high number now rather than a bridge deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad