D habs98 Keeper League-Sign Up+ Discussion(Waiting list available)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
yikes i didnt actually take into consideration assists were that high in pt values, cause such a random luck driven stat often... i understand goals being that high, but ya in that case ur right

....i think that is the biggest mistake we made so far.....your right that is so high for a stat like that

Personally I think 10 points for an assist is fair. On average a goalie will have 1 or 2 assists per year, some people might draft a goalie based on how good they are at handling the puck too. I think it makes for more of a strategic draft.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Personally I think 10 points for an assist is fair. On average a goalie will have 1 or 2 assists per year, some people might draft a goalie based on how good they are at handling the puck too. I think it makes for more of a strategic draft.

I was actually shocked to see Quick had 2 assists last year because his puck handling and decisions are terrible.

damor

Dec 28, 2006

i can appreciate that, but based on the other stats, think 5 would of been more than fair, but too late now i guess

Carolina's GM hasn't been online for 2 days. Maybe he's on vacation or something? :dunno:

i know i pm'd him and emailed him 20mins ago through hf that its his pick...he got very angry last time when his picks were skipped because he wasn't "pm'd" at the time, but this is what the initial problem was, he logs on too infrequently to know when his picks r....so i don't know what to think or do....

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I was actually shocked to see Quick had 2 assists last year because his puck handling and decisions are terrible.

Lol there was a 4 game stretch last year where Lundqvist had an assist in each game he started.

Jul 10, 2010
i think the goalie is the most important in a league. if you get a goalie like dubnyk, that wont win alot of games as ur #1, thats 60points your players have to make up from wins alone, thats not counting shutouts and other points.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
i think the goalie is the most important in a league. if you get a goalie like dubnyk, that wont win alot of games as ur #1, thats 60points your players have to make up from wins alone, thats not counting shutouts and other points.

If you're using your early picks to draft players instead of goalies than the players will easily make up for that loss. One of the teams in my league had Anders Lindback and Marty Turco as their goalies they finished top 5.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I know Pronger had surgery and all, but how he made it to the end of the 4th is beyond me. :amazed:

Jul 10, 2010
If you're using your early picks to draft players instead of goalies than the players will easily make up for that loss. One of the teams in my league had Anders Lindback and Marty Turco as their goalies they finished top 5.

your league gives a point for regulation loss, which closes the gap a bit. im also guess that team had a sedin, perry, stamkos or st.louis.

if i pick a goalie in round 1, a 70 point fwd in round 2, and a 50 point forward in say round 8, i should get more points then the 90 point forward, 70 point foward, and the goalie from round 8.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Trade to announce:

:avs
5th round pick (121st)
6th round pick (180th)

for

:bolts
5th round pick (140th)
6th round pick (155th)

I think both teams are pleased with the deal.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto

I understand the rosters have to include 2 goalies but is one of them activated at a time or do they both collect points for the team?

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Trade to announce:

:avs
5th round pick (121st)
6th round pick (180th)

for

:bolts
5th round pick (140th)
6th round pick (155th)

I think both teams are pleased with the deal.

accepted.....guess now u dont have to wait a week between picks this time!

I understand the rosters have to include 2 goalies but is one of them activated at a time or do they both collect points for the team?

according to jmoss we can only have one goalie at a time in pickuphockey (cant do 30 team leagues in other places like yahoo) which is why u see no teams yet choosing a second tender

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
your league gives a point for regulation loss, which closes the gap a bit. im also guess that team had a sedin, perry, stamkos or st.louis.

if i pick a goalie in round 1, a 70 point fwd in round 2, and a 50 point forward in say round 8, i should get more points then the 90 point forward, 70 point foward, and the goalie from round 8.

I guess I'll have to prove you wrong then. I'm pretty confident I'll end up with one of the best teams even without drafting a goalie for a while.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
accepted.....now u dont have to wait a week between picks this time!

Exactly! haha

I'll be open to this sort of business in the future as well (spreading out my picks), if anyone is open for trades, but for the time being, I won't be participating in the trade market.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Both collect points for the team as long as they are not playing the same night. I'm pretty sure you have to set a starting goalie, at least from what I remember. If both goalies play on the same night then only your starter gets you points.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Both collect points for the team as long as they are not playing the same night. I'm pretty sure you have to set a starting goalie, at least from what I remember.

Alright, thanks!

There should be some sort of deviation between starters and back-ups though. For example, a starter collects 100% of the points available but the back-up's points are worth 50% of the initial value.

I'm just thinking out loud. I've never participated in a keeper league but this sort of thing just makes sense to me so that a team doesn't have Ryan Miller and Tomas Vokoun collecting equal points for them :dunno:

EDIT: I just noticed that you wrote, "Both collect points for the team as long as they are not playing the same night." That should stray people away from selecting two starters who have the potential of playing the same night on a lot of nights.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Excel man. I pressed Ctrl+F and searched a player that I already know was drafted, and it said "no matches found" *Sigh*

Works for me, make sure you didn't click with the mouse somewhere and no fields are selected. Other than that idk what could be...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad