D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
I would say he will definitely play some NHL games next season, but will he play the whole season in the NHL, more than likely not. His D+2 will more than likely be like Jiricek and Nemec with a mix of NHL and AHL.

I would say that this is the most likely outcome.

He will get a chance in the NHL for sure. It will come down to how he uses the opportunity. If he is succeeding and improving in the NHL, like Guhle, there is a chance that he sticks the entire year. If he has stretches of bad play they will send him down to the AHL during those stretches.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yes, very calm and collected for his first game in NA. He played with different partners because a dman got injured in the first period and i find he was often the best of the pair already with whoever he played.
To me this is more important than the "sweet" goal which was on a broken play and obviously misplayed very badly by the Sens Dman.

Reactions: monsieurthibz

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
What's the play style comparable for Reinbacher?

I hope he pans out into a Hamrlik type. Solid all around, not really physical but not afraid of contact. He's a pretty big kid.

Lane Hutson will be in the NHL next season. If you include Reinbacher, that is 6 D-man. Obviously there will be injuries so Mailloux will spent some time with the big club as well.

Struble, Harris and Kovacevic are the odd men out.

Let's take our time with Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher. They could use some seasoning in the A especially since we got so many D. Also why do people have such a hard on for trading Kovacevic? He's one our few natural RD's and what happens when we trade Savard? In addition I want Guhle to return to his Left side, this is an important formative stage it should be on his natural side.

Patrice Brisebois.

Jiminy Crickett no. He's way better defensively and I don't believe he has the same upside offensively.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Let's take our time with Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher. They could use some seasoning in the A especially since we got so many D. Also why do people have such a hard on for trading Kovacevic? He's one our few natural RD's and what happens when we trade Savard? In addition I want Guhle to return to his Left side, this is an important formative stage it should be on his natural side.

I don't want to high jack the thread so will simply comment on Reinbacher.
He has played 3 seasons in the pro, was drafted as the most NHL ready D-man of his draft class. He absolutely needs to start with the big club (unless his training camp is very bad).

Once he hit a rough patch, I do expect him to be sent down but a majority of his games will be in the NHL.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't want to high jack the thread so will simply comment on Reinbacher.
He has played 3 seasons in the pro, was drafted as the most NHL ready D-man of his draft class. He absolutely needs to start with the big club (unless his training camp is very bad).

Once he hit a rough patch, I do expect him to be sent down but a majority of his games will be in the NHL.
If not for potential trades or injuries there won't be space for Reinbacher or Hutson to make the team out of camp. They'll get their looks but most certainly will have to wait for their chances.

In theory, the Habs could demote Xhekaj or Guhle to make space for Reinbacher or Hutson but that would be a strange thing to do.

They could carry 8 defensemen as well but I'm not sure if that's a permanent option either.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I was around back then. He was an okay 2nd pairing guy who could never handle top pairing duty and when we put him there things... ont tourné au vinaigre.
He gets way more shit than he deserves, evidenced by the fact that you seem to think a comparison to him is some kind of insult. He was a solid all-around D whose entire prime coincided with the DPE. He logged heavy minutes on shit teams for years, and got burned on the highlight reel a few times as a result, like nearly any D in that situation would. And because of that, people think he was bad defensively. Reinbacher turning out like him would be a win, even for a 5th overall pick.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
He gets way more shit than he deserves, evidenced by the fact that you seem to think a comparison to him is some kind of insult. He was a solid all-around D whose entire prime coincided with the DPE. He logged heavy minutes on shit teams for years, and got burned on the highlight reel a few times as a result, like nearly any D in that situation would. And because of that, people think he was bad defensively. Reinbacher turning out like him would be a win, even for a 5th overall pick.
kevin-hart-wtf.gif
Only thing they have in common is they are both right handed and affiliated with the Habs.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I grew up watching Brisebois. Dude was a #4 defenseman on a good day being played as a top pair guy because Montreal had no depth.

Reactions: Realgud

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
View attachment 875796
Only thing they have in common is they are both right handed and affiliated with the Habs.
I mean, you can say that, but they are similar, like it or not. Both mobile RHD, roughly the same size, neither are physical, both good first pass, decent puck movers, neither has/had a big shot. The only thing is they are kind inverse offensively/defensively. Brisebois was decent (but nowhere near elite) offensively, and passable to average defensively. Reinbacher looks to be decent (but nowhere near elite) defensively, and passable to average offensively. We’ll be lucky if Reinbacher has a career like Brisebois, in all honesty.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I mean, you can say that, but they are similar, like it or not. Both mobile RHD, roughly the same size, neither are physical, both good first pass, decent puck movers, neither has/had a big shot. The only thing is they are kind inverse offensively/defensively. Brisebois was decent (but nowhere near elite) offensively, and passable to average defensively. Reinbacher looks to be decent (but nowhere near elite) defensively, and passable to average offensively. We’ll be lucky if Reinbacher has a career like Brisebois, in all honesty.
Oufffff. What a bunch of nonsense. Reinbacher is nothing like Brisebois

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I grew up watching Brisebois. Dude was a #4 defenseman on a good day being played as a top pair guy because Montreal had no depth.
He was a #2 in terms of ability. Would’ve been a luxury #3 on an elite team at worst. The guy played 22+ minutes/game until his late 30s, even in his first year in COL when he was 35. We only have possession metrics for the last two seasons of his career, but they are excellent, and he was age 38 and 39. The guy doesn’t get enough credit and gets shit on all the time because he played on crap teams with no support. He did well under the circumstances.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You're right, they are the same kind of dman. Like Caufield and Lindros. The same kind of forward. Stop bitching because your affirmation made you look like a fool.
Sure buddy. Why does it bother you so much lol. If you don’t like someone’s opinion and have nothing to add beyond whining and crying about it, just ignore it.

You can compare any D with another D, but the ones you chose to compare are nearly polar opposites. Wtf is this sh*t

Do you make a habit of jumping into every discussion just to stir the pot and troll? It's summer—surely there's a more fulfilling way to spend your time...
I’m the one trolling? I stated an opinion and this guy is going nuts about it and keeps quoting me, even on posts where I’m not responding to him.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Reinbacher and Brisebois are very similar:

•Both mobile all around RHD
•Same size
•Neither are physical
•Both good first pass, decent puck movers
•Neither has a hard shot
•Both are good, but not elite all around, but also not terrible at anything.

Brisebois was slightly more offense oriented, while Reinbacher is slightly more defensive oriented. But overall very similar.

Reactions: Boxscore

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?

•Same size
•Neither are physical
•Neither has a hard shot

Brisebois was slightly more offense oriented, while Reinbacher is slightly more defensive oriented. But overall very similar.
I like the comparison. Well done.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012

•Same size
•Neither are physical
•Neither has a hard shot

Reinbacher is physical. Closes gap very well.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

•Same size
•Neither are physical
•Neither has a hard shot

I'll preface by saying, we'd be lucky if Reinbacher has a long successful career like Brisebois on the NHL.

I'd say Brisebois was more skilled with puck and Reinbacher is much more physical. Your comparison is so generic, can say Barron is also like Brisebois.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

•Same size
•Neither are physical
•Neither has a hard shot

Reinbacher is physical and has a heavy wrister, you’ll see more of his physical style in NA

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'll preface by saying, we'd be lucky if Reinbacher has a long successful career like Brisebois on the NHL.

I'd say Brisebois was more skilled with puck and Reinbacher is much more physical. Your comparison is so generic, can say Barron is also like Brisebois.
- Big LHD
- Mobile but not elite edges
- Physical, intimidating other players
- Good first pass
- Massive shot from the point

Xhekaj is just like Chris Pronger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad