D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
The Swiss national teams are underperforming ever since the cult took over. They're all idiots. The SIHF needs a house cleaning. It's a huge problem. That's a topic for a different thread though.
And still, after house cleaning Russia will win in all levels. Bigger base, bigger tradition, bigger numbers of better coaches, system from kids to pros second only to NA hockey. They were always second only to Canada, even in times when Russian hockey knew nothing about import players.
But like I said, I have a feeling that russian hockey is being bashed just for somebody to prove Michkov plays against nobodies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
And still, after house cleaning Russia will win in all levels. Bigger base, bigger tradition, bigger numbers of better coaches, system from kids to pros second only to NA hockey. They were always second only to Canada, even in times when Russian hockey knew nothing about import players.
But like I said, I have a feeling that russian hockey is being bashed just for somebody to prove Michkov plays against nobodies.
I don't even care about Michkov or Russian hockey so I don't need to bash them either. I also don't understand why it's a topic here. This is the Reinbacher thread and Michkov wasn't even an option for the Habs. Even if they selected somebody else over Reinbacher, 0% it would have been Michkov. He was on their no draft list...he was, in fact, on many team's no draft list because he was unwilling to even talk to most teams. Now trolls like you are filling all the prospects threads bitching about why team x or y didn't select Michkov over prospect x or y when the answer is common sense. Also remains to be seen if the player is even any good (if he needs a trade in the NHL as well to get going then he might not be) or if he's willing to play NHL long term at all.

The whole discussion is stupid. Compare Reinbacher to Simashev or other players drafted after him but not players you know were, for good reasons, on the Habs no draft list.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
McDonagh was terrific, your expectations are way too high if he’s a disappointment
McDonaugh was absolutely terrific no arguments there from me. That's not my point. My expectations of Reinbacher are for him to be more impactful on the ice in his prime than all or at least the majority of the guys picked after him. That's it that's all. I believe there will be players more impactful than McDonough in this draft. Hopefully Reinbacher is one of them

edit: Sorry I thought this was the habs board discussion. I love rein as a prospect but my comment is discussing the pick itself more than the prospect which has no need to be adressed here

Last edited:

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I would be disappointed if he ended up just as McDonough
You would be disappointed if he ended up as a dominant number one defenseman?

Good lord, be prepared for him to be a massive failure, then, because even the management team that drafted him said that he would be a few tiers below that as just - if he pans out exactly as they hope, which he won't - a number two d-man.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
McDonaugh was absolutely terrific no arguments there from me. That's not my point. My expectations of Reinbacher are for him to be more impactful on the ice in his prime than all or at least the majority of the guys picked after him. That's it that's all. I believe there will be players more impactful than McDonough in this draft. Hopefully Reinbacher is one of them

edit: Sorry I thought this was the habs board discussion. I love rein as a prospect but my comment is discussing the pick itself more than the prospect which has no need to be adressed here
I think the standard is too high for what the NHL draft has been historically. There's normally not much separating players from 5 to 10 or 15 and than you have another 200 players drafted on top that have a chance at being better...

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don't even care about Michkov or Russian hockey so I don't need to bash them either. I also don't understand why it's a topic here. This is the Reinbacher thread and Michkov wasn't even an option for the Habs. Even if they selected somebody else over Reinbacher, 0% it would have been Michkov. He was on their no draft list...he was, in fact, on many team's no draft list because he was unwilling to even talk to most teams. Now trolls like you are filling all the prospects threads bitching about why team x or y didn't select Michkov over prospect x or y when the answer is common sense. Also remains to be seen if the player is even any good (if he needs a trade in the NHL as well to get going then he might not be) or if he's willing to play NHL long term at all.

The whole discussion is stupid. Compare Reinbacher to Simashev or other players drafted after him but not players you know were, for good reasons, on the Habs no draft list.
Mtl and Michkov had a meeting.

And you made one good point. The real player to compare Reinbacher is Simashev.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
To be fair to the poster, I dont think mcdonaugh’s ever been a Norris finalist? And when you’re picking a dman that high with all the forward talent available you do hope that he’s going to be that good at some point

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I think if you’re drafting a player outside of the top 2-4 picks, expectations need to be lowered if your expectations are Norris finalist or bust. There are usually 1-2 players in that ~5-10 range that end up as home runs but it certainly shouldn’t be expected

Reactions: Blueston

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I would be disappointed if he ended up just as McDonough
Either you really like Reinbacher a ton or don't appreciate how useful 23 mpg eLITE #2 TYPE OF dMAN mCDONOUGH WAS AND FOR QUITE A WHILE.

Sorry I'm stoned too hard to fix mistakes.
For the record I think Reinbacher will turn out every bit as good as McDonough did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad