D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
When was the last time we saw a young D prospect dominate the AHL with these offensive numbers? 3 points tonight in first period alone.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Haven't had chance to watch him after his draft but has he improved with his weakest part aka skating(and defensive play at times) in a measurable way?

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Honestly it’s just nice to see LA overcook a prospect a bit. They’ve had a string of bad luck in development expectations recently, so to have someone come in and make a difference immediately would be refreshing.

Reactions: Little Psycho

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
At the end of the day, if his skating was weak he would be getting walked over 5 on 5 in the AHL, and he doing quite the opposite.
I agree. But as we are asked to provide evidence of measurable improvement, I was asking because it's either:
- available and there's information I can look into for more fun
- not available and we're being asked to produce the impossible

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
His skating isn't weak, it looks wonky.

Some athletes don't have the prettiest mechanics in a certain area of their sport, but how they perform in that area is good.

Even in the NHL (limited action) he wasn't having any issues with his skating. He never got caught--except one time when he inexplicably got a breakaway, lol. But he's never behind the play or in a situation where we're going "oh man I wish he was a better skater" beyond generally being bigger/faster/stronger. if anything, it's part of his deceptiveness.

Doughty was kind of the same in a way, a very clompy, ugly skater, but he's never had a problem getting where he needed to go due to his brain.

I really feel like this is one of those scouting reports that became a meme that won't be dispelled until he just gets to the NHL, like Byfield's 'can only score on the rush/low IQ'

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Any injury on your DLine? Just wondering if he's only up for a cup of team and a fatter wallet, or if he's going to stick.

Reactions: KapG

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Any injury on your DLine? Just wondering if he's only up for a cup of team and a fatter wallet, or if he's going to stick.

He's there for a spark and because he's earned it

Because the team f***ing SUCKS right now, suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Guess we should have seen this coming

Fewest minutes amongst dmen despite being '2nd' pairing with Gavrikov
2nd worst zone starts amongst D, no one else started in the ozone less
multiple times he started a shift vs. washington's top line partnered with Englund and our 4th line
drew a penalty, didn't start the powerplay

Kind of goes hand in hand with last year when he was our best dman outside doughty so they decided to move him to the left side and when he couldn't save us from there they sent him to the AHL to NOT PLAY for a month before world juniors

4d chess as always, just keep f***ing with kids

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Guess we should have seen this coming

Fewest minutes amongst dmen despite being '2nd' pairing with Gavrikov
2nd worst zone starts amongst D, no one else started in the ozone less
multiple times he started a shift vs. washington's top line partnered with Englund and our 4th line
drew a penalty, didn't start the powerplay

Kind of goes hand in hand with last year when he was our best dman outside doughty so they decided to move him to the left side and when he couldn't save us from there they sent him to the AHL to NOT PLAY for a month before world juniors

4d chess as always, just keep f***ing with kids
I really didn't like taking Roy off Gavrikov pair. Those two together have been lights out. Clarke should've been with Englund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad