D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Clarke is not in the AHL nor has he been for a week now, yet he continues not to play. At no point has he "not play[ed] well." The Kings with their phenomenal track record with developing prospects think they're galaxy-braining this by sitting this kid who is clearly too good for junior and is already an NHL-quality defenseman.
2 points in 5 games played for an offensive defenseman in a lower league is not good enough and he was so so with LA. He does not bring it right now despite his incredible hockey sense.

Since being scratched Ontario have won 4 out of the last 5 games.

Last edited:

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
So a moderator deleted a post with a screenshot of basic game score numbers to highlight Clarke’s better play this season and a post pointing out that the Kings have a lower win percentage this season than last and that Walker and Durzi have played far more games than Clarke? That’s cool. I get being sensitive about people sniping at other, but come on. Deleting posts with actual factual information is a bit much, no?

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
So a moderator deleted a post with a screenshot of basic game score numbers to highlight Clarke’s better play this season and a post pointing out that the Kings have a lower win percentage this season than last and that Walker and Durzi have played far more games than Clarke? That’s cool. I get being sensitive about people sniping at other, but come on. Deleting posts with actual factual information is a bit much, no?
They seriously do not care, it was indeed a cool screenshot.

If you had just omit the unnecessary part of your post (which i tried to tell you), it would probably be still visible.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
2 points in 5 games played for an offensive defenseman in a lower league is not good enough and he was so so with LA. He does not bring it right now despite his incredible hockey sense.

LA is stupid. Either make the coach play him or send him back to junior.

Reactions: ru4reals

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

He didn't play for two full weeks, got sent to a new team in a new league that he had to adjust to and still managed 2 points in 5 games. I'm willing to cut him a little slack.

He looked fantastic in preseason, when he played practically every game. Perhaps he needs to play consistently, not sporadically, in order to get into rhythm and be confident.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He didn't play for two full weeks, got sent to a new team in a new league that he had to adjust to and still managed 2 points in 5 games. I'm willing to cut him a little slack.

He looked fantastic in preseason, when he played practically every game. Perhaps he needs to play consistently, not sporadically, in order to get into rhythm and be confident.

Yeah, I've said this for all the Kings top prospects, especially the offensive leaning ones. Big time players need big time reps with the puck; you're not developing your offensive ability or game rhythms when you're only playing two-three shifts a period. It's maddening.

Big get for Canada at the WJC.

He will be very important for Canada’s bid to claim gold.

I hate it.

I'll admit it's one part me being petty over the last two years and one part me hating Blake just running the clock on making an actual decision on anyone on the roster.

Just praying he stays healthy.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I hate it.

I'll admit it's one part me being petty over the last two years and one part me hating Blake just running the clock on making an actual decision on anyone on the roster.

Just praying he stays healthy.
I hate how Blake has been handling him, but I'm happy about him being selected because Blake's resistance to burning that 10th game suggests to me that he would've sent him back to juniors if not for this selection. I'm hoping that Clarke either plays so well in the tournament or an injury opens up a spot on the Kings by the time that it's over that Blake is virtually forced to keep him up (though I wouldn't put it past him to simply give such a spot to Moverare or Spence, instead, and still send Clarke back to juniors).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Whose a better defensive prospect not in the national hockey league right now?

He would he automatically inserted in the top four in Ottawa.

f*** hockey Canada

Reactions: ru4reals

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Whose a better defensive prospect not in the national hockey league right now?

He would he automatically inserted in the top four in Ottawa.

f*** hockey Canada
Luke Hughes, Simon Edvinsson, Simon Nemec, David Jiricek, Kevin Korchinski, Pavel Mintyukov just to name a few

Also why “f*** hockey Canada?”

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm
Luke Hughes, Simon Edvinsson, Simon Nemec, David Jiricek, Kevin Korchinski, Pavel Mintyukov just to name a few

Also why “f*** hockey Canada?”
If we're talking about how good they are today, I'd say it's very debatable if any of these prospects are better than Clarke. And there is no way guys like Korchinski and Mintyukov are better than Clarke at the moment.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I gotta say he does nothing for me when watching him. I haven't really seen him play much over the years but I had real high hopes leading up to the WJC that I would be impressed but I am not. He strangely looks awkward to me when playing.. it's kinda hard to explain lol

Reactions: KristichBabych

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
He's had some tough showings. Walking into the slot with this head down, getting absolutely blown up and then taking a penalty for trying to backcheck without a helmet (and stick) was not a very good sequence.

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
The hype was high for him before the WJC, but I don’t see a real quality : shot? No . Speed? Little bit. Agility? No. Hockey sense? His first pass Is bad. Is helmet? Not enough tight. I Hope he will be better in the next two games.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm surprised he was touted to be such a high end prospect. He SHOULD be absolutely dominating this tournament

Reactions: Eegs

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
If we're talking about how good they are today, I'd say it's very debatable if any of these prospects are better than Clarke. And there is no way guys like Korchinski and Mintyukov are better than Clarke at the moment.
Not overly debatable now but that could change. I just notice quite a few untimely pinches, didn't focus on him to see if the hate is substantiated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad