Czechia WCH U18 Roster Talk

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Co to jako je?! divili se skauti české hře a raději odjeli. Normální ostuda, tepe Hrdina do Petrovy taktiky - Sport.cz
Please, someone else tell me that Petr is a good coach, so I really don't know anymore.. What we showed in the whole tournament is a simple shame and kicking the coach's ass is the first thing that needs to be done in the future.

“Now behind me was Craig Button, who is commentating the match for Canada's TSN. He just shook his head, what is it like..? Why won't the coach let them play a normal game? Probably so much that I'm not the only one who sees it that way. Almost all the scouts left after the 2nd period for the Finland - Slovakia match," Hrdina wrote on Twitter during the match.

Yikes, they are laughing at us.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Co to jako je?! divili se skauti české hře a raději odjeli. Normální ostuda, tepe Hrdina do Petrovy taktiky - Sport.cz
Please, someone else tell me that Petr is a good coach, so I really don't know anymore.. What we showed in the whole tournament is a simple shame and kicking the coach's ass is the first thing that needs to be done in the future.
I hope Petr is gone after this tournament, but I don't get the criticism for today's game. They open it up a bit and walk away with a 2:10 beating instead of 1:4. Coach has to work with what's given to him and there is no coach on the planet that could have made this game close while also trying to push the pace.
Btw I don't remember Hrdina praising Petr in 2021, when the Czechs tried to play tempo game against everyone and it resulted in two trashings against Russia (1:11) and Canada (3:10.)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I hope Petr is gone after this tournament, but I don't get the criticism for today's game. They open it up a bit and walk away with a 2:10 beating instead of 1:4. Coach has to work with what's given to him and there is no coach on the planet that could have made this game close while also trying to push the pace.
Btw I don't remember Hrdina praising Petr in 2021, when the Czechs tried to play tempo game against everyone and it resulted in two trashings against Russia (1:11) and Canada (3:10.)
I just don't like him since he didn't take Hájek to the championship. I was ashamed of the game I played in today's match. Yes, maybe you're right and we would have lost a lot more, but obviously the scouts didn't like it either. And as I write, I don't want to be ashamed of my team in hockey.

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I agree with that, but also agree that Petr needs to go. For me its much better to defend a respectable result, then to try play openly a get 2:11 trashing. Lets face is we have a weak team this year, and US have a above average team even for their standarts. They are just unplayable this year (wont be suprised if they trash everyone else on their road for gold). 1:4 is still good, no matter how the game looked.

But in contrast to that, Petr still needs to go, he didnt brought anything to the team and made huge mistakes, which probably cost us a better qf and a chance for better result at a tournament.

Next year it could be better hopefully, team looks to have more offensive power next year, but at the same time mantaining decent quality in defense. And with new better coach (athough as I said hard to choose from) we can play a better game.

I just don't like him since he didn't take Hájek to the championship. I was ashamed of the game I played in today's match. Yes, maybe you're right and we would have lost a lot more, but obviously the scouts didn't like it either. And as I write, I don't want to be ashamed of my team in hockey.
Well I think that scouts are bit irelevant. This game wont shake Sale, Hrabal or Dvorak ranking in the draft, nor the guys lower in the draft rankins would gone up if they made some points today.

So they may not like it, but it just doesnt matter at all imo. Sale, Hrabal played good, Dvorak too, they wont go down in rankings. Other guys will maybe lose their ranks in the draft, but not because of todays game.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I didn't like it either, but would have liked a 2:10 trashing even less. No matter what Petr would have done today, the loss was inevitable and guys like Hrdina would complain all the same.
I agree with that, but also agree that Petr needs to go. For me its much better to defend a respectable result, then to try play openly a get 2:11 trashing. Lets face is we have a weak team this year, and US have a above average team even for their standarts. They are just unplayable this year (wont be suprised if they trash everyone else on their road for gold). 1:4 is still good, no matter how the game looked.
The only way someone is beating this USA team is a goalie catches lighting in the bottle, allows three goals or less and the skaters execute on all their chances perfectly. Czechs actually had numerous solid chances, they just can't convert, so Hrabal's great game was wasted.

As for next year, I have zero expectations, I just hope Czechs somehow end in the same group with Americans. I am sick to my stomach how we always manage to find the perfect route to draw them in the QF, making the most important game of the tournament essentially a waste of time.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I also dont like Hrdina. It feels like all he does is complaing about something. We have a lot of those in czech hockey lately. Maybe if instead of instant complaining those people actually started doing something, it would look much better already.

Reactions: Wooren and Voodoozz

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I also dont like Hrdina. It feels like all he does is complaing about something. We have a lot of those in czech hockey lately. Maybe if instead of instant complaining those people actually started doing something, it would look much better already.
Not gonna lie, I find it a bit amusing how he criticises Petr for trying to do his job, and then you look at Dallas draft history of European players, which he is in a large part responsible for, and it absolutely blows.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Interview with Petr..:
Your tenure with the 18 was not "only" about this World Cup. You spent three full seasons with this representative category. What memories do you take with you?
Memories... I'm arrogant and I know my personality isn't ideal and I'm not quite the super trainer I thought I'd be. Today, however, there were tears, because I thought that this year had a chance. And he really should have her. To convert the chances that were, we are the first in the group.
:amazed::biglaugh:

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Interview with Petr..:
Your tenure with the 18 was not "only" about this World Cup. You spent three full seasons with this representative category. What memories do you take with you?
Memories... I'm arrogant and I know my personality isn't ideal and I'm not quite the super trainer I thought I'd be. Today, however, there were tears, because I thought that this year had a chance. And he really should have her. To convert the chances that were, we are the first in the group.
:amazed::biglaugh:
Yeah that's funny, but he is not completely wrong is he? He's not claiming they were playing fantastic hockey, just that they had enough opportunities to finish better in the group. Against both Slovakia and Sweden they had some glorious chances to go up late in the game, but couldn't convert. What if Sale scores on the breakaway against Slovakia, or Stancl scores on the beautiful play by Jiricek against Sweden? Maybe they are preparing for a QF against inferior team as we speak...

They have not been playing well, but when was the last time a Czech U18 team was a joy to watch? 2016 Hlinka with Zadina and Necas was the only time the team felt like a genuine power, since then it's been bad or terrible. I am glad Petr is gone, but I hardly expect any major changes, because ultimately coach can only do so much and the player quality is pedestrian. It's pedestrian this year, it will be pedestrian next year and the year after that surely as well.

What I did find funny though, is his comment on adding more teams to the junior league so players get more often to the slot and get 'better' at scoring. Like what the f***...

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Yeah that's funny, but he is not completely wrong is he? He's not claiming they were playing fantastic hockey, just that they had enough opportunities to finish better in the group. Against both Slovakia and Sweden they had some glorious chances to go up late in the game, but couldn't convert. What if Sale scores on the breakaway against Slovakia, or Stancl scores on the beautiful play by Jiricek against Sweden? Maybe they are preparing for a QF against inferior team as we speak...

They have not been playing well, but when was the last time a Czech U18 team was a joy to watch? 2016 Hlinka with Zadina and Necas was the only time the team felt like a genuine power, since then it's been bad or terrible. I am glad Petr is gone, but I hardly expect any major changes, because ultimately coach can only do so much and the player quality is pedestrian. It's pedestrian this year, it will be pedestrian next year and the year after that surely as well.

What I did find funny though, is his comment on adding more teams to the junior league so players get more often to the slot and get 'better' at scoring. Like what the f***...
For example, with Canada, we had some chances at the beginning, but at the same time, Canada was also getting chances, and it was much easier. And then the difference in the quality of both teams became apparent, I take his statement as a slip of the mind or something similar. Or by trying to excuse the fiasco that our performance at the Championship was without a doubt. And the statement about the extension of the junior, that is seriously without comment. Unfortunately, this coach should never have joined the U18 national team again, it was a complete mistake.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021

I thought he was being sarcastic.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Final 4 are Slovakia, Sweden, Canada and US.

We had 4 losses to Slovakia, Sweden, Canada and US. We played all the finalists and Germany.

I'm not excusing anyone for their performances but that was a vicious draw for us!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Final 4 are Slovakia, Sweden, Canada and US.

We had 4 losses to Slovakia, Sweden, Canada and US. We played all the finalists and Germany.

I'm not excusing anyone for their performances but that was a vicious draw for us!
Its a bit shame, that reckless and naive approach in the game agains Slovaks probably cost us a much better tournament. Finns were definitely playable this year.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Its a bit shame, that reckless and naive approach in the game agains Slovaks probably cost us a much better tournament. Finns were definitely playable this year.
I've really enjoyed the Slovaks this tourney and am fine with the loss. I was mad at the time we lost because we played so bad. But, in the end, they've shown their quality over us!

Maybe we beat the Finns this year but we were never medalling. We lost to all the final 4 teams. Tough draw but we didn't rise up enough. Like I say.. it's nice it was close with Sweden and US after 50 minutes. That is our big moral victory.lol

I do agree with Petr and Wooren though... we did have some glorious chances and just didn't convert. That Jiricek to Stancl could've been a goal. The weird penalty to our coach (and they said they were wrong) and we had some great looks against US today. Sale, in particular, had many chances. Stancl had some of our best looks and it just wasn't going in.

Still, I'm not sure I enjoyed watching us get 2- or 3 chances a game while standing around skating backwards. Poor Hrabal won't sleep for a month after this!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Maybe it would like to do everything in order not to catch the debacles at all. But maybe I'm just naive and knowing his work I'm just embarrassingly trolling here.
In Vítkovice, his team received a similar punishment for protests several times.
Even he himself naively admitted that he was an arrogant person.
Above all, let him drag away and let them close behind him, definitively..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5