Czech prospects update thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Big difference in level between U20 Finland and U20 Czech.

Top 4 : A.Jiricek, D.Badinka, O.Kos, A.Jecho

The others will have a hard time finding a place in the NHL.

Only 3 Czechs per class make a career in the NHL and it's not a very strong generation this year. They will rather be players for their physical and defensive profile.

Last year after Sale, Hrabal and Dvorak, it was uninteresting.

I'm having trouble finding more than 8 players drafted even taking repeaters into account.

To play in the NHL, you have to be top 60 in the world and top 10/12 at your generation position.

Edit : Amazed at your optimism. The last 20 years of the draft do not invite this concerning Czech hockey.
Well, surprisingly, the Recruitment Center doesn't seem to look down on my Czech Top 4 Summer 2023.

Reactions: Czechboy

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I thought you'd enjoy the CSS rankings.lol
No, let's just say I'm not surprised. I've been observing the draft and the profiles sought by NHL franchises for years. Pure talent matters to truly dominant players. Afterwards it's mainly a question of physics and investment in the game without the puck.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Neither Benák nor Galvas are nominated for the tournament in Hämeenlinna, so it indicates that they will be nominated for the U20. I am curious if Badinka will be nominated for U20;)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Neither Benák nor Galvas are nominated for the tournament in Hämeenlinna, so it indicates that they will be nominated for the U20. I am curious if Badinka will be nominated for U20;)
If you had to choose only one today for U20 at Xmas

Galvas or Badinka

Who do you choose?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
If you had to choose only one today for U20 at Xmas

Galvas or Badinka

Who do you choose?
Difficult question. I have no idea how Badinka plays now. In the last tournament he played (maybe a year ago..?) he disappointed me a lot. If Galvas had ten extra pounds, the answer will be simple ..

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
If they were not selected for a minor U18 tournament, it may be because they are playing Senior. U20 will be complicated because there are already all the players born in 2004 and 2005. For the moment, they have never been called up to the U20.

The guy still hasn't understood for 7 years that NHL selections are not made based on the current level of the player but on the projection in relation to the profile in the context of a league where places are rare.

Reason why Jecho is ahead of Tiltbach. Badinka in front of Galvas. When you have a small size, you have to be very dominant to play the role of an effective defender in the NHL otherwise you fall into the minor leagues.

NHL franchises have decades of experience having this figured out. Just 5 years ago, defenders like Ty Smith, Ryan Merkley or Nicolas Beaudin, although released in the 1st round (in a very weak draft) failed.

In the same profile as Galvas, there are already Hutson and Kiviharju in front and the teams will not rush them in the 1st round.

With 177cm and 67kg at 17 years, Galvas has the same size as me at the same age. So probably 179cm-77/78kg at his peak.

Here is the list of players under 180cm, currently in the NHL :

LD

Q.Hughes (178cm) 1st D
E.Brannstrom (179cm) 5th D
Z.Jones (178cm) 7th D
E.Andrae (175cm) 6th D
J.Bryson (175cm) 7th D
T.Krug (175cm) 2nd D
S.Perunovich (178cm) 7th D
S.Girard (178cm) 3th D

RD
J.Spurgeon (174cm) 1st D
N.Lundkvist (179cm) 6th D
T.Stecher (178cm) 6th D

Only 5 of them are comfortably settled in the NHL. 5 out of 15 draft promotions approximately. And some have a stocky profile. Not so many more 180cm-181cm defenders too.

Ty Nelson, much stronger than Tomas Galvas, with right sidedness, was only selected in the 3rd round.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
If they were not selected for a minor U18 tournament, it may be because they are playing Senior. U20 will be complicated because there are already all the players born in 2004 and 2005. For the moment, they have never been called up to the U20.

The guy still hasn't understood for 7 years that NHL selections are not made based on the current level of the player but on the projection in relation to the profile in the context of a league where places are rare.

Reason why Jecho is ahead of Tiltbach. Badinka in front of Galvas. When you have a small size, you have to be very dominant to play the role of an effective defender in the NHL otherwise you fall into the minor leagues.

NHL franchises have decades of experience having this figured out. Just 5 years ago, defenders like Ty Smith, Ryan Merkley or Nicolas Beaudin, although released in the 1st round (in a very weak draft) failed.

In the same profile as Galvas, there are already Hutson and Kiviharju in front and the teams will not rush them in the 1st round.

With 177cm and 67kg at 17 years, Galvas has the same size as me at the same age. So probably 179cm-77/78kg at his peak.

Here is the list of players under 180cm, currently in the NHL :

LD

Q.Hughes (178cm) 1st D
E.Brannstrom (179cm) 5th D
Z.Jones (178cm) 7th D
E.Andrae (175cm) 6th D
J.Bryson (175cm) 7th D
T.Krug (175cm) 2nd D
S.Perunovich (178cm) 7th D
S.Girard (178cm) 3th D

RD
J.Spurgeon (174cm) 1st D
N.Lundkvist (179cm) 6th D
T.Stecher (178cm) 6th D

Only 5 of them are comfortably settled in the NHL. 5 out of 15 draft promotions approximately. And some have a stocky profile. Not so many more 180cm-181cm defenders too.

Ty Nelson, much stronger than Tomas Galvas, with right sidedness, was only selected in the 3rd round.
I know you are the smartest of all so this pointless question is just.. a little check question..? All this still just because of the stats, or has his majesty bothered to see the players in question play?

:facepalm:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I know you are the smartest of all so this pointless question is just.. a little check question..? All this still just because of the stats, or has his majesty bothered to see the players in question play?

:facepalm:
You know the answer, I already told you. It was a very long time ago, it’s true. So I repeat: yes.

Beyond seeing a player play, there is above all the effort to project the player's profile from the perspective of the NHL market.

It is not the most talented who are taken in the draft but those who have the potential to be the most effective on the NHL circuit.

This stubbornness in not wanting to understand, draft after draft, amazes me.

I too, at first, thought it worked differently. I was amazed at the slide of talented players or even their non-selection. On my draft list, I found myself mainly with talented small players. Players, who are, for the most part, in minor leagues today.

The physical aspect remains fundamental in the game. Tristan Luneau, after a relatively unsuccessful season, was selected after Maveric Lamoureux and Noah Warren. But obviously he was a better player. And yet Luneau is really not a small defender. If he had been very dominant, he would have been. And if he had been smaller, he would have had to be even more dominant. Willander was less good than Sandin and he was taken before because he was more physical. Gulyayev is indefinitely more talented than Simashev.

The Recruitment Center shares the same perception as mine and for good reason, I have evolved mine so that it corresponds to theirs.

Even so, I will rely on the statistics (your argument when I talk about physical size) and you, with the supposedly expert eye which sees Galvas as a potential top 10, my Czech top 4 is 100% approved, yours is completely off the mark. Will the Recruitment Center only rely on statistics ?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
You know the answer, I already told you. It was a very long time ago, it’s true. So I repeat: yes.

Beyond seeing a player play, there is above all the effort to project the player's profile from the perspective of the NHL market.

It is not the most talented who are taken in the draft but those who have the potential to be the most effective on the NHL circuit.

This stubbornness in not wanting to understand, draft after draft, amazes me.

I too, at first, thought it worked differently. I was amazed at the slide of talented players or even their non-selection. On my draft list, I found myself mainly with talented small players. Players, who are, for the most part, in minor leagues today.

The physical aspect remains fundamental in the game. Tristan Luneau, after a relatively unsuccessful season, was selected after Maveric Lamoureux and Noah Warren. But obviously he was a better player. And yet Luneau is really not a small defender. If he had been very dominant, he would have been. And if he had been smaller, he would have had to be even more dominant. Willander was less good than Sandin and he was taken before because he was more physical. Gulyayev is indefinitely more talented than Simashev.

The Recruitment Center shares the same perception as mine and for good reason, I have evolved mine so that it corresponds to theirs.

Even so, I will rely on the statistics (your argument when I talk about physical size) and you, with the supposedly expert eye which sees Galvas as a potential top 10, my Czech top 4 is 100% approved, yours is completely off the mark. Will the Recruitment Center only rely on statistics ?
I would like to praise you.. But I don't know of you ever writing that you saw them (maybe sometime during HGC, maybe..). But certainly not when all this started around Galvas. You admitted that you never saw him play.
I don't want to start unraveling the wheel of your lies again, where you will tell me that I DEFINITELY saw Galvas in the first round and probably in the top 10. I have refuted it many times in this thread as well. You will simply never be the one I will take seriously for me (just for the reason I wrote, you can't judge based on statistics alone). Although maybe Galvas will be drafted in the last round..
I'm sure you're already planning how you're going to enjoy me here and mumble something about an apology again. You won't wait. And also, I know what you wrote about the other players, I don't even have to look for it, my memory is good. Just so you won't be surprised when it comes to the others...

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I would like to praise you.. But I don't know of you ever writing that you saw them (maybe sometime during HGC, maybe..). But certainly not when all this started around Galvas. You admitted that you never saw him play.
I don't want to start unraveling the wheel of your lies again, where you will tell me that I DEFINITELY saw Galvas in the first round and probably in the top 10. I have refuted it many times in this thread as well. You will simply never be the one I will take seriously for me (just for the reason I wrote, you can't judge based on statistics alone). Although maybe Galvas will be drafted in the last round..
I'm sure you're already planning how you're going to enjoy me here and mumble something about an apology again. You won't wait. And also, I know what you wrote about the other players, I don't even have to look for it, my memory is good. Just so you won't be surprised when it comes to the others...
What nonsense. You provoke me on all my posts, stop crying. The Central list is there and is consistent with my initial post on my Czech Top 4. That's all. Very skeptical that you were watching Czech U17 at the time but hey... already starting to understand how the NHL works.

On T.Galvas topic : "Potential top 10 draft pick". We are very far from that.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
What nonsense. You provoke me on all my posts, stop crying. The Central list is there and is consistent with my initial post on my Czech Top 4. That's all. Very skeptical that you were watching Czech U17 at the time but hey... already starting to understand how the NHL works.

On T.Galvas topic : "Potential top 10 draft pick". We are very far from that.
Written at a time when he was far better than Jiříček in the national team. And also according to everyone who saw those matches, but not according to you. Oh, I forgot, you didn't actually see him play.
And we will wait for more well-founded predictions, how they will work out for you. I look forward. Cry? I laugh at you all the time.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Written at a time when he was far better than Jiříček in the national team. And also according to everyone who saw those matches, but not according to you. Oh, I forgot, you didn't actually see him play.
And we will wait for more well-founded predictions, how they will work out for you. I look forward. Cry? I laugh at you all the time.
Considering the lists for the tournaments which followed your remarks, the coach did not have the same feeling as you.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Galvas C grade? I take Galvas over Curran and Bádinka every fcking time and for me he is much closer to Jiricek then two guys before mentioned .Definitely mid-first round material, who could slip to 2nd. He is Quinn Hughes level prospect, maybe even slightly better skater at his age. Only knock on him is his size, ONLY ONE, he is elite level offensive D all around.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
He is therefore very often injured since this is systematically the case. Not really an asset to be selected in the 1st round.
This means that the previous argumentation was probably not very smart. And yes, injuries are part of hockey. Until then and since then, he was not injured, at least not during representative events. I don't even want to know what you make of it.

czech

Feb 23, 2009

In case you are like me and have no idea who Holinka is.lol
By the way, nominated for the u20 tournament.
Last season he made his debut for the A-team.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I don't know a thing about him... What are your thoughts?
The club of my heart, but I practically know nothing about it.. That's why I'm looking forward to the national team events in november more than ever.. Comparing defenders, watching possible new candidates for the lineup.. The lineup will be weak overall, but if someone impresses, they have a great chance to get to the championship.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

In case you are like me and have no idea who Holinka is.lol
He’s good. He stood out to me last year for the Czechia U18’s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad