CXLVII - Is this the 'Final Countdown' in Arizona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Local ABC affiliate says the target is state land.

EDIT: …or not after going over it again. If it ended up they play cow pasture bingo to select the parcel I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.
If they don’t pave it all over, they could fatten some cattle on the filaree, during the wet winters. Help pay the bills!

Reactions: TheLegend

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
dammit... I could possibly argue the differences between those instances and the 'Yotes...most importantly that I'm pretty sure those instances weren't for multiple seasons.....

but...none of that makes AZ a viable hockey market...which is was and will probably always be my point.
I think everyone has gotten your “point” and sees you for what you are.

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
If Mesa is smart like Tempe , Glendale heck the whole state of Arizona & say NO to building there white elephant of arena because if they do in less than 10 years down the road they will be in the same spot playing in half empty arena & broke please Mesa do us all a favor & say no then tell them don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out to Houston .
Do you think Lake Havasu could be the next town to build them an arena? Would go nice with the London Bridge.

Reactions: TheLegend

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Tempe mayor talks progress, unity and makes big promises for 2024 in state of city speech

To quote:
"It's no secret that I voted for the proposed (Coyotes project). We negotiated a deal that I genuinely believed would be a win for our community," Woods said. "Tempe voters ― our ultimate bosses ― disagreed. (And) while I personally had hoped for a different outcome, I have and always will accept the will of voters.""
It's always a pleasant surprise to find someone in Arizona who respects and accepts the will of voters.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Yet only willing to drop by once in a blue moon to lend his "wisdom."

There's a term for that.
A term for a person who is only occasionally interested enough every 5-6 months to read about whatever the latest failure in the farce this market , instead of endlessly speculating, reposting, and discussing, the nonsense the league and whatever Hack owner they drag out in front of the fans for yet another con job promises?

oh oh oh let me guess....

"non-delusional"?, "A critical thinker"?, "Realistic"? "A hockey fan"? "a student of hockey history"?

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
that whole argument falls on it's face.
I could care less about the owners record. it doesn't have any pro sports ownership on it, it certainly doesn't have pro hockey on it..... You can be an amazing plumber but that doesn't mean you understand IT infrastructure does it?
Apropos of nothing, but this sort of reason is funny considering that you are trying to insinuate that an owner's record in terms of other business matters (and subsequently, trustworthiness towards the NHL as a whole) doesn't matter.

So screw it, lets just go back to the days of John Spano owning the Islanders then. Because who cares about an owner's record in other areas of business - it doesn't matter to the day to day operations of a hockey team!

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Apropos of nothing, but this sort of reason is funny considering that you are trying to insinuate that an owner's record in terms of other business matters (and subsequently, trustworthiness towards the NHL as a whole) doesn't matter.

So screw it, lets just go back to the days of John Spano owning the Islanders then. Because who cares about an owner's record in other areas of business - it doesn't matter to the day to day operations of a hockey team!

no what I'm insinuating that pointing at the owner, a man with zero experience in pro sports.....and claiming HE is the person who has the magical formula to fix the Coyotes and all of thier many market related woes...because he used his giant pile of capital to buy and run some successful businesses? it's kinda absurd.

because here we are 30 years down the line of NHL ownership...and the market still doesn't really want/need/or care about the team.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How much longer will the Coyotes be in limbo? They are either getting their new rink and staying in Arizona long term or they are getting moved. The decision has to be coming soon, no?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
How much longer will the Coyotes be in limbo? They are either getting their new rink and staying in Arizona long term or they are getting moved. The decision has to be coming soon, no?

I mean, I've been following this drama since Atlanta was relocated lol.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
no what I'm insinuating that pointing at the owner, a man with zero experience in pro sports.....and claiming HE is the person who has the magical formula to fix the Coyotes and all of thier many market related woes...because he used his giant pile of capital to buy and run some successful businesses? it's kinda absurd.

because here we are 30 years down the line of NHL ownership...and the market still doesn't really want/need/or care about the team.
Other than the occasional Josh Harris who owns teams in multiple sports have experience in sports before buying a team? In the NFL you have Dave Tepper in Carolina and Jimmy Haslam in Cleveland who were minority owners of the Steelers before buying their own franchises outright and both of them suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad