CXLIX - FINAL thoughts on the Arizona Coyotes

AZDesertKnight

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I don't need to prove you wrong, your posts do that for me all the time.

There was no "revelation" here. There has been zero new information that was presented since it was originally reported in 2023. I've literally sourced you the posts that were made at the time and you can't seem to process it. A Shame, really.

Further, why are you speculating at all? It's funny how Craig Morgan "happened" to point you this news on the super secret Coyotes fanboy discord but failed to mention Tempe had another bad day in Court last week and is looking at another year of pre trial motions before they'll inevitably settle on the IGA with Phoenix.

View attachment 917447

Why? because Craig nakedly lied to Coyotes fans about Sky Harbor's strength of position during the run up to the election and it would be an admission of guilt. The Tempe arena was doomed on January 1st 2023 when the FAA sent their official letter to Sky Harbor making the 65DNL lines official. That's a fact.

You can deflect, dodge, ignore the facts all you want it's fine. Everyone on this board knows I've never missed.
This is a masterclass post right here. Bravo!

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
All the bickering aside, what we learned from the Coyotes is a lot more limited and simple than people may think. If you put a team in a big and growing market, stick it first in an arena that sucks for hockey, then in one as far away from the geographic center of the fanbase as possible, add in some ownership where the hockey team was not their first interest, and probably not their second, it will fail. It was almost like an experiment in how much abuse a franchise can take and stay afloat.

The only thing we learned about the market is it won't go to the ends of the earth to consistently support a subpar team owned by a buffoon or non-dedicated owner.

All the posts on X/Twitter, Facebook, or various blogs resurrecting the possibility of hockey returning to the valley are nothing more than gossip until the arena situation situation and ownership stability questions get answered.

While there is a potential answer to the ownership question, the arena question has a much longer lead time and probably a higher "burden of proof," given the history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad