Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Glencross has indeed asked for a trade, I wouldn't be surprised if a trade is worked out by this weekend.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
This is really shocking, I mean I wanted to trade him but I never figured he would want out especially as hes a UFA this offseason.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
A for *******

I wouldn't go that far... He's been a great leader. It's just unfortunate that the Flames and him aren't on the same page anymore. He wants top 6 minutes, we can't give him that with how well others have played. He wants a cup, so we'll send him to a team that has a better opportunity of raising Lord Stanley.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I think we just saw our last game with Curtis.

Yeah, good chance of that too based on what Kerr and Steinberg are saying on the fan960.

I can't imagine we trade him to a contender in conference while we are still in contention for the playoffs.

That would make the front-runners Montreal, Pittsburgh, Boston?

Depends on which teams are on his list. Could see Pittsburgh being high on his list; playing with Crosby or Malkin would be good for his stats.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Asked for a trade?

That-escalated-quickly-GIF.gif

buh-bye.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Seems to be some dissension over what qualifies as a productive deal though.

Based on Treliving's statements, their priority still hasn't shifted from the next few years. But all I'm saying is this isn't a situation like with Stempniak where if the most you can get is a 3rd rounder, you take it.

Master Bill

Rest in peace, Johnny Hockey
Nov 9, 2014
I wouldn't go that far... He's been a great leader. It's just unfortunate that the Flames and him aren't on the same page anymore. He wants top 6 minutes, we can't give him that with how well others have played. He wants a cup, so we'll send him to a team that has a better opportunity of raising Lord Stanley.

I'm afraid he's simply not going to earn top 6 minutes on a contending team.

Maybe his sub-par performance had to do something with his displeasure and lack of motivation, but if that's not the case, whoever acquiring him will be very disappointed.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wonder if him stating that Glenny hasn't demanded a trade is damage control, or if there really isn't as much to this as speculated by the media. There is also a difference between requesting and demanding a trade, interesting choice of words there..

Treliving does seem like he chooses his words carefully. I think it's more damage control and not wanting to let things get out of control.

Edit: And it makes a certain amount of sense given Glencross expanded his list of teams he's willing to go to.

Last edited:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Earned never given:
Bouma
Backlund
Jones
Monahan
Geadreau
Jooris
Hudler
Stajan
Byron
Are all players that deserve a spot over him. And he wants term and a raise?????

Please.

The fact he is willing to waive, you move him now. Now!

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I think as soon as you request which teams a player will accept a trade to most players relationships with an organization are forever changed. Very rarely does a player stay with an organization after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad