Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Coming out and saying that he's disspointed with how he's being utilized... Makes me think he needs to be out the door.

This team is all about earned not given, and Glenny hasn't done much earnin' this year. He was gifted top line minutes this season (for a large part) I don't know what else he wants?

I think he'll be shipped out the door sooner rather than later. I'm okay with any return. Colborne has been physical and much more efficient on the wing; I'm okay with giving him Glenny's minutes.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
It begins. Excellent news.

Also:

To be honest, he wasn't good enough when given the chance to play on the top line. So he really shouldn't be disappointed about how he was used. He didn't earn it, that's all.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Glencross has complained that he isn't being utilized correctly. Isn't that giving a **** message to the team as well?

Or we draft another Markus Granlund, Pat Seiloff or Tyler Wotherspoon.

FFF mentioned above that Glencross complaining sends an equally ****** message to the team. If Glencross is unhappy and letting it be known, trade him.

EDIT:

I agree. Picking up a younger guy who can play defense would be great too.

the source saying Glencross has complained is whom?

I would take such reports with a big grain of salt.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
AF I think you may be over-estimating Glencross' impact on the team. We've seen the team play this season with and without Glencross, and they've seemed to be as good if not better. The only risk is the chemistry in the room, but I have to feel that this room runs through Gio, Huds and Russell these days much more than Glencross, and if that wasn't the case then I'm sure we would've seen an extension by now.

Realistically, I think this is a situation which is fully in our favour. I don't think he has much value to us right now, but other teams may see him as valuable to them. It seems to me that we might be looking at getting a return without really taking any step back in the short term. I'm excited.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
AF I think you may be over-estimating Glencross' impact on the team. We've seen the team play this season with and without Glencross, and they've seemed to be as good if not better. The only risk is the chemistry in the room, but I have to feel that this room runs through Google, Huds and Russell these days much more than Glencross, and if that wasn't the case then I'm sure we would've seen an extension by now.

Realistically, I think this is a situation which is fully in our favour. I don't think he has much value to us right now, but other teams may see him as valuable to them. It seems to me that we might be looking at getting a return without really taking any step back in the short term. I'm excited.

:laugh: What?

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I've missed Glencross' absence, but his return has been far below acceptable. Same old himself from the beginning of the season, keeps turning pucks over, does not move his ****ing feet, and has absolutely no confidence. Last night I recall two or three times where he seemed absolutely lacking of confidence to try to skate past a defencemen. Not a good sign for a veteran like him.

Thought he'd make a good line with Backs and Jones, but Boums seems to not want to give that up. Glencross out of the lineup will inject some more speed and youth at worst.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Two things.

1. The coaching staff has seen fit to plant an "A" on his chest. He's an important part of the leadership group of this team.

B. The same reasons that other teams want him, are the same reasons we should keep him. Playoff / playoff run depth.

Sure he's finally performing at expected levels (ie: not over performing like the past few years) and that's been disappointing to many, but he's still got an important role on this team that won't be easily replaced if he's traded.

Put me squarely into the "only trade him if you get a deal you can't say no to" camp.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Trade him if you can get a 2nd plus, or some help on the backend. Losing glencross is not going to hurt this teams playoff chances. He contributes, but we have guys in adirondack that can fill his shoes for the most part. We'll lose a bit of offense, but I don't think this will effect our team's PO hopes.

May 27, 2012
Earth
A rebuilding franchise should not be losing players for nothing.
Cammalleri walked and the Flames can not lose more veteran players who can possibly bring back assets.

He was more valuable to us than trading him for 3rd at that point. He scoring like there was no tomorrow in the 2nd half of the season. Also the market was terrible, everyone was waiting on a deal to happen. Cammy didn't walk either, we just weren't giving him what he wanted which resulted in him testing FA. If he wanted to walk there wouldn't have been negotiations in the first place.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
How do you guys feel about some of these deals?

Glencross to Ana for Stefan Noesen/ Nick Sorenson + 2nd

Glencross + 6th to Bos for Jordan Caron + Matt Bartkowski + 2nd

Glencross to MTL for Emelin + Nygren + 3rd OR Nygren + 2nd + 5th

Glencross to NYI for Scott Mayfield/ Sebastian Collberg + 3rd OR Jesse Graham + 2nd

Glencross to NYR for John Moore + 2nd

Glencross to Pit for Dumoulin + 3rd (2nd if pens make SCF)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I like the Pittsburgh one the best.

How about a trade with the Lightning? Connolly + TBL's 3rd.

Aug 21, 2014

Glencross to NYI for Scott Mayfield/ Sebastian Collberg + 3rd OR Jesse Graham + 2nd

I like the Pittsburgh one the best.

How about a trade with the Lightning? Connolly + TBL's 3rd.

I like the bolded

May 27, 2012
Earth
Oh geez. The last I saw was Player Discussion. Now this has turned into a full fledged rumour? Lol.

If we trade Glencross we get his ranch.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Two things.

1. The coaching staff has seen fit to plant an "A" on his chest. He's an important part of the leadership group of this team.

B. The same reasons that other teams want him, are the same reasons we should keep him. Playoff / playoff run depth.

Sure he's finally performing at expected levels (ie: not over performing like the past few years) and that's been disappointing to many, but he's still got an important role on this team that won't be easily replaced if he's traded.

Put me squarely into the "only trade him if you get a deal you can't say no to" camp.
exactly this

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I feel that a lot of them are lopsided in favour of the Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
AF I think you may be over-estimating Glencross' impact on the team. We've seen the team play this season with and without Glencross, and they've seemed to be as good if not better. The only risk is the chemistry in the room, but I have to feel that this room runs through Gio, Huds and Russell these days much more than Glencross, and if that wasn't the case then I'm sure we would've seen an extension by now.

I don't think I am overestimating things at all. Losing a leader can have a big negative impact on the room. I don't want to screw with that chemistry because it is our chemistry that has us where we are.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Is it still a rumor if he has said it himself?

I know - I debated this with myself before altering the thread prefix. I said "Self, is this a rumour if Glencross has confirmed it?" and, not one to be rude, I answered myself. "Yes, I think it is." I said. "We still don't know who has asked about him, what teams he's okayed a trade to, and what they are offering, or even if he will be traded."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad