Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

berto14

Oct 1, 2009
IMO as well as we're doing this season, we can't keep losing these players for nothing -- we got underwhelming returns on Iginla and Bouw, we lost Cammy for nothing last year, could lose Glenx for nothing this year, etc. Playoffs or not, you have to manage your assets.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I know - I debated this with myself before altering the thread prefix. I said "Self, is this a rumour if Glencross has confirmed it?" and, not one to be rude, I answered myself. "Yes, I think it is." I said. "We still don't know who has asked about him, what teams he's okayed a trade to, and what they are offering, or even if he will be traded."

Thanks, Bae. All cleared up now.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Do you guys really believe he is worth a 2nd + B prospect? I mean a year ago I would've accepted that but this season has been pretty bad IMO. He is 32, a UFA, looking for a raise AND term (into his late 30's), and has looked pretty slow and soft this season. If we can get a 2nd id be impressed, I would love to swap him for a young bottom pairing Dman though. He is not the Glencross we are used to this season so I would be surprised to see him go for such value.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If his comments are true and he's one of our captains, that is quite concerning to me. That said, I'm in no rush to push him out the door. You want depth for the playoffs and he is one of our senior vet guys, trading him for a playoff run is counter productive.

But I see both sides, we are still rebuilding and if the right offer comes along then you have to move him. I would prefer dealing him in a hockey deal that helps with our depth on our backend. It's great lots of teams have been calling, but like Iginla his list may really restrict what kind of return can be offered.

I'm in the camp that you move him if you can get a deal that makes us a better club. Forget the draft pick unless it's a first or something like a 3rd or 4th that is being accompanied by a really good and young defensive player.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
If his comments are true and he's one of our captains, that is quite concerning to me. That said, I'm in no rush to push him out the door. You want depth for the playoffs and he is one of our senior vet guys, trading him for a playoff run is counter productive.

But I see both sides, we are still rebuilding and if the right offer comes along then you have to move him. I would prefer dealing him in a hockey deal that helps with our depth on our backend. It's great lots of teams have been calling, but like Iginla his list may really restrict what kind of return can be offered.

I'm in the camp that you move him if you can get a deal that makes us a better club. Forget the draft pick unless it's a first or something like a 3rd or 4th that is being accompanied by a really good and young defensive player.
Why is it concerning? I would be more concerned if he didn't want to play more.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Do you guys really believe he is worth a 2nd + B prospect? I mean a year ago I would've accepted that but this season has been pretty bad IMO. He is 32, a UFA, looking for a raise AND term (into his late 30's), and has looked pretty slow and soft this season. If we can get a 2nd id be impressed, I would love to swap him for a young bottom pairing Dman though. He is not the Glencross we are used to this season so I would be surprised to see him go for such value.

Considering 15 teams have called about him (half of the NHL basically), I would say a 2nd + a B prospect isn't too farfetched.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Kristen Odland @KristenOdlandCH · 3m 3 minutes ago More Glencross: “I’m at the point in my career where I want to win a Cup."

Kristen OdlandVerified account ‏@KristenOdlandCH2m2 minutes ago
"And if it comes to a situation where I am going to have to leave, I’m going to miss a lot of guys in here.”
He'll definitely miss it here. But, the key part in this is that he wants to win a Stanley Cup. I am pretty sure he really wants to win one here, but if he really wants a shot at winning Lord Stanley, it's probably best for him to be traded to a team with a better chance of holding the cup than us.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He'll definitely miss it here. But, the key part in this is that he wants to win a Stanley Cup. I am pretty sure he really wants to win one here, but if he really wants a shot at winning Lord Stanley, it's probably best for him to be traded to a team with a better chance of holding the cup than us.

Something tells me he wants to get paid. Flames management probably said the max we will offer is X. Saying he wants to leave to 'win a cup' is a pretty good cover for 'I want to hit FA and get paid', and I wouldn't blame him at all for feeling that way. He has played a lot of good hockey for us over the years. He deserves to get his big payday.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I won't be too broken up if he leaves. In his current form, he's been completely useless. That said, if we do move him, I'd rather get a solid RW rather than a pick.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Treliving waived McGrattan despite him being a huge part of the room. Morale shouldn't be the only focus and I don't see the organization halting the rebuild for something so shortsighted. The players are professionals; they'll move on.

Well, at least he's realistic. Sounds a lot like Iginla; wanted to stay but know it won't work.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Im glad Treliving is doing this. Its no different then what the Sharks did a few years ago with Clowe and Murray. Im guessing that he is moved for a young defenseman buried in someones system and that Bennett is given a shot before someone like Ferland or Sven are called up if needed.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think it goes without saying that if a productive deal doesn't come along, then you don't move him for the sake of moving him.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Losing Glencross is not going to make a difference to a playoff run. Treliving is smart so I'm sure he will get a good return.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I was in the camp of only trading him for an overpayment but following the comments today you almost have to trade him now.

Glencross is obviously unhappy so what kind of play are you going to get from him for the rest of the season. Highly unlikely it will be a solid effort every night. I know he is a leader but this is going to become a distraction.

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
He was more valuable to us than trading him for 3rd at that point. He scoring like there was no tomorrow in the 2nd half of the season. Also the market was terrible, everyone was waiting on a deal to happen. Cammy didn't walk either, we just weren't giving him what he wanted which resulted in him testing FA. If he wanted to walk there wouldn't have been negotiations in the first place.

He walked in a sense he wasn't coming back and the Flames let him go without anything in return. A 3rd was better than nothing to a team going nowhere.

Now being reported he has asked to be traded.

Dean Molberg ‏@fan960boomer now7 seconds ago
#Flames asked Glencross for a list of teams he'd join via trade. I'm hearing he's now asked to be dealt. Could be he's played his last game.

Dean Molberg ‏@fan960boomer now4 seconds ago
@FriedgeHNIC on our show suggested Glencross's list of teams he'd accept was small. He's expanded that list to get it done.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad