Value of: Criminals to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I think you are mistaking my intent. I dont want to goon it up, i just want a heartbeat.

We have skill in spades coming through the system with all the youth.

We also have Doughty getting felt up in the corner and no one bats an eyelid. That is not a great way to insulate that youth coming though.

A guy like a younger nic foligno or evander kane without baggage would be great. Guys that put up points but dont put up with bullshit, and can help manage a game.

Or are you happy if the next guy is Byfield, Turcotte or Kaliev etc that doesnt at least get dinner and a movie first?

The bigger Lhd is also a pretty obvious ingredient that we lack.

I have a very different opinion about goons.
The Doughty collision also have happened with Hulk Hogan in our Lineup.
From my point of view this was not intentional anyways.

Beside that, the Refs are the ones responsible for punishment.
If our team would have at least half a scoring winger or coaching, St.Louis would 2-3 goals back in return
on the 5 min powerplay.

And this is where my argument is. Nobody is afraid of our powerplay so they run rampage.
I will always remember the 90's Red Wings. They had a reporter going into the Pittsburgh locker room in a game vs the Red Wings.
He went to the white board and showed to the camera the big fat "DO NOT touch #91"
This is the team image i go for and that requires coaching competence and players to execute.
We have neither and Goons are not the answer

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
We may need a new coach first. If the team is this soft, the first person telling GM Blake to fix the problem shouldn't be HFBKings, it should be MacLellan. We don't need a team that will get reverse-swept in the playoffs.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I have a very different opinion about goons.
The Doughty collision also have happened with Hulk Hogan in our Lineup.
From my point of view this was not intentional anyways.

Beside that, the Refs are the ones responsible for punishment.
If our team would have at least half a scoring winger or coaching, St.Louis would 2-3 goals back in return
on the 5 min powerplay.

And this is where my argument is. Nobody is afraid of our powerplay so they run rampage.
I will always remember the 90's Red Wings. They had a reporter going into the Pittsburgh locker room in a game vs the Red Wings.
He went to the white board and showed to the camera the big fat "DO NOT touch #91"
This is the team image i go for and that requires coaching competence and players to execute.
We have neither and Goons are not the answer

To a point yes, however what happens when the refs swallow their whistles in the playoffs?

Do you consider guys like Mike Richards or Jarret stoll to be goons?

If it were not for the team he is on I think Manson would be a nice add.

Yep, great example

Call the Sens about Nick Paul?

What about Bertuzzi?

yep would like both. (Is it Bertuzzi that has something off ice that is affecting his availabilty to play?)

Reactions: David Lunch

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I wonder if there is a world where Tom Wilson or JG Pageau are available. In a season or two, we will have the cap to acquire such guys easily.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Love the Greenway idea.

We need team toughness and that won’t happen with just one guy.

If we can combine a skilled Greenway, with the pest Lemieux, and grab a big physical Dman and gain some size in Byfield and Helenius, some drive in Turcotte and Thomas we have a hard working good sized team that stand up for one another. Just hope our timid organization doesn’t casterate our youngsters. Rather show heart and take the odd bad penalty then play this vanilla brand where we look the other way if something happens.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What physical players are available that can play a regular shift. Ideally after a top 6 winger and a top 4 LD. Both with a bit of piss n vinegar to their game. Preferably in their mid twenties.

Byfield, Turcotte and Clarke are off the table but pretty much everyone else is up for discussion.

Who's available?
Call up Vegas. They have several dirty wingers on that team. Goons galore.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I wouldnt hate it.

I love Lucic, but im not sure. He was pretty ploddy towards the end of his time with us. I still remember him fighting the puck as well as other people.
Before we added Danault and Arvidsson and decided to chase the playoffs, I also thought it would have been worth adding Lucic to play 10 minutes a night on a kid-heavy roster.

Reactions: KingTech

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Top 4 LD?

Ben Chiarot is your man.

3.5M$ for 1 year, will hit anything that is coming into his way and sometimes drop the gloves.

He's a good "stay-at-home" d-man who can thrive if he's not put in a 2d situation like he was in Montreal.

A 2nd would be the price

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Top 4 LD?

Ben Chiarot is your man.

3.5M$ for 1 year, will hit anything that is coming into his way and sometimes drop the gloves.

He's a good "stay-at-home" d-man who can thrive if he's not put in a 2d situation like he was in Montreal.

A 2nd would be the price

Thats probably fair (didnt reggie cost us a couple of 2nds a few years back)

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Whats the ask on each of them (im not sure we can fit Andersons cap in year or two though)

good options (funny i didnt think of MTL because i still think of them as a smaller softer team)

There is a Chiarot thread, where the most recent comp would be Savard who got a 1st at TDL last year. Understandably it is a TBL 1st (i.e. 28-31 OA) not a LAK 1st. If Bergevin does not see a possibility to get a late 1st at TDL, I would not mind 2nd + 3rd from LAK.

Regarding Anderson, I believe LA is deep at center not so much on the wing so could be a nice fit, esp. given the fact that MTL has too many wingers, price would likely be 1st + B prospect or if LA still feels their 1st would be too high, B+ prospect + 2nd.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lemieux has been great but he's been out with an injury? Covid? We don't really know.

Key targets would include:

Zack Kassian
Nick Ritchie
Brendan Dillion
Kyle Clifford
Lawson Crouse
Miles Wood
Out of that list Wood and Crouse are the only 2 of interest. The Devils are going to trade wood. They have plenty of their own young guys the benefit from having him in the line up.
Crouse should be the kings target.
He’s huge, can skate, stands up for team mates and in the right role can actually be a solid hockey player. He’s also only 24 and a RFA at the end of the year that’s not going to need a bank breaking raise.
The Yotes are in full on tank mode, so he’s a guy I’d overpay on a little because he fits the team now, and for the next 4-5 years going fwd. he obviously won’t cost a 1st.
But I’m pretty sure at this point the Yotes would be happy to add another 22 or 23 2nd rd pick. Both are strong drafts and it seems ARIs sole motive is to have their new core come largely from these next 2 years.
So yea, if I’m Blake, Crouse would be my target.
I’d love him on the rangers, but we added plenty of snarl and it’s paid off tremendously so far. We also have more sandpaper guys coming up in the system and a 4th line of Hunt-Rooney-Reaves that has really clicked so far. So there really isn’t any reason for Drury to overpay for Crouse at this time.
I had a feeling Kings fans would like lemmy when we dealt him. When NYR traded he bestie DeAngelo his play really took a dip and rumor was he asked to be traded. Imo, he didn’t like Quinn either. So I knew he’d perform well with a change of scenery.
Lemmy is more of a pest/agitator that will fight, then an actual fighter. He’s actually pretty good at hockey when he’s playing well too.
Having him and Crouse as a 1-2 punch in their bottom 6 with all those young skill guys would be smart imo

Last edited:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
To a point yes, however what happens when the refs swallow their whistles in the playoffs?

Do you consider guys like Mike Richards or Jarret stoll to be goons?

I am actually on the same page.
A team needs grit, no question about it. But the last years we tried grit only and nothing else.
Even if we would add those player you are asking for, it would change nothing about
our team doesn't know how to play hockey.

Our identity as a NHL team is nowhere to be seen, i have no idea, what the coach tries to do here
and the older players have nothing else seen but non creative hockey their whole career.

If we can't fix those basics, it doesn't matter who play for us.
We will destroy our precious youngsters the same way we destroyed Kempe, Toffoli etc

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Top 4 LD?

Ben Chiarot is your man.

A 2nd would be the price

seems a little steep IMO, especially given where LA's 2nd rounder could be. Maybe the Penguins 3rd as I do not think LA has a 3rd this year. Would rather deal a body though.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Lemieux has been great but he's been out with an injury? Covid? We don't really know.

Key targets would include:

Zack Kassian
Nick Ritchie
Brendan Dillion
Kyle Clifford
Lawson Crouse
Miles Wood
Kassian is 1/3 of a 3rd line that is playing extremely well right now and Kassian looks like the Kassian we knew and loved. Anyone is available for the right price, but he’s not a fringe player/cap dump at the moment. If he keeps it up, of course.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Greenway is interesting, does he have the potential of putting up a few more points?
Well, he had his best year points wise last year, and led the team in assists, even without PP TOI. It's not like he would be given up for an unproven prospect, though. If Vilardi and Turcotte are off the table then I don't see anything happening, unless MN scouts are somehow infatuated with Kupari, which is unlikely.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad